Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, taznremmy said:

With all the photos of this elegant lady, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around her cutting the grass. 😱  She should be sitting in a lounge, drinking champagne, and watching someone else do it. 😁

She enjoys doing it.

We used to pay her sister Sarah's mam to do the gardening.

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Or Pressure Washing the patio, which he also mentioned. LOL :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

She loves keeping the garden and patio tidy.

I used to do it but arthritis in my Knees and hip restricts me. 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I’m booked for my second vaccination on Friday! Saskatchewan is vaccinating like crazy now that we have vaccines.

Millie, my daughter’s German Shepherd, now has 8 puppies. Everyone is resting comfortably.

Great news and good luck with no side effects.

• Like 1

Vax hunter news here.  

All adults in “our circle” were supposed to get second doses in mid-July at the same Public Health Unit location, but since we had our first shots before April 18 we could book new dates starting today. Being proactive we have got ourselves set up wait lists at multiple pharmacies over the last few days. 

• Mom got a call, she goes tomorrow just minutes from her cottage. 
  • Lisa and her mom have a double shot date 5 minutes apart, 40 minutes from home.
  • I go Sunday 10 minutes from home. 

A 5 week advancement sure beats waiting for Mid July. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Vax hunter news here.  

All adults in “our circle” were supposed to get second doses in mid-July at the same Public Health Unit location, but since we had our first shots before April 18 we could book new dates starting today. Being proactive we have got ourselves set up wait lists at multiple pharmacies over the last few days. 

• Lisa and her mom have a double shot date 5 minutes apart, 40 minutes from home.

Great news Andrew!  Good luck.

Off to pick up a U-Haul truck.  After a couple of weeks of throwing away things and moving stacks of stuff from one place in the house to another, and occasionally putting some of it in a box, we have our first of several real moving days today.  DD23 is moving from our house to an apartment with her BF.  She'll take most of what's in her bedroom, her boxes of stuff that's been in our basement after returning home from college, and several pieces of our furniture that we won't be keeping for Florida (yeah...I get to move couches!!).  It's a first floor (ground floor Graham 😉) apartment so at least no stairs. On Saturday, we get another U-Haul truck to move DD26's remaining stuff, and some of our stuff that she will keep, into a storage unit.  She's in a small apartment now with her BF and they will move to a new apartment on July 1.  We'll be gone before then so their move will be in 2 steps...first to the storage unit and then (without us to help) to the new apartment.

The rest of the large furniture that we won't be keeping will be picked up by a consignment shop on the 16th.  We've taken 20 smaller items to that store already and have one more trip to go.  If you bring your stuff to them, you get 50% of whatever they sell it for.  If they come pick it up, you get 40%. It's worth 10% to have them pick up the big/heavy stuff.  Our friends have used this store and it has worked well for them, but they've warned us not to expect to make much money.  Someone is going to get a really nice solid mahogany Lexington Furniture full dining room suite for a good price.

The consignment shop only takes furniture and decor items, so I had to look elsewhere for electronics and other gear.  I've had a FB account since almost the start of FB but have not done a single thing with FB in more than 10 years.  I had some inside knowledge related to their cyber security and decided it wasn't worth the risk.  That and I didn't enjoy the kind of stuff that was being posted, so I just stopped using it.  I decided to post 7 things on Marketplace (a granite/stone firepit, B&K amp and preamp, B&W speakers, Yakima bike rack) and 6 sold within a day.  I hated to get rid of my good stereo stuff but we don't have a place for it.  Again, someone got a good deal.  I think one buyer, from looking at his Marketplace page, will resell for a profit.  I'll still be posting a Thule roof cargo carrier once I find the key to open it. 😁  Net, I'll probably get more $$ for what I sold on Marketplace than I will for everything that we send to the consignment shop.  I can see why people get hooked on Marketplace.

The final move will be on the 24th.  The local Allied Van Lines franchise will load up whatever is left in our house.  They won't be able to ship it to Amelia Island until July 1 but we're self-sufficient with what we already have in our Amelia Island house, so no rush.  Closing is the 25th and we'll hand over the keys.  It's only 2 weeks away.  Will be a very strange feeling after living here 29 years.

• Like 15

Good morning.

@FromSea2ShiningSea

We love tribute bands.

We have had the opportunity to see the Jimmy Buffett tribute band in Warren Ohio, and his very own back up singers The coral refers performed at the show.

Today is one of those days that you have to invest in items to replace them because they have the potential of causing you grief.  It is what it is, but still.

So I am off to the car repair shop to get a new car battery.  Now mind you do you know how much these cost now a days.

Damn.

Now I did not think there was anything wrong with the last one, I mean the car starts!

But the DH says that the battery in the 2006 GTO is getting old. Soon to be 16 years old.

I go it still works.

So I have to be there before the afternoon predicted storms hit.

The DH has one rule, well sorta, the DH has a few rules when dealing with our GTO's, and that is they only get wet when we are gently hand washing them.  In fact we only go to car shows when the weather forecast says pleasant weather. No rain, snow, sleet or hail.(exageration).

Oh, he goes psycho when a bug dies on the windshield, not for the bug, but got to get the carcass off so the car looks nice.

Oh, thank God, he does not go on CC.

I am sure he would not admit to reading the above.

Take care.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Cruise countdown has started. 9 days to departure on Adventure of the seas  from Nassau.

Has a GTY  that was assigned yesterday, deck 6 on the hump. Last time on a ship was Serenade on Feb 10,2020. We are ready. No Covid test required. WE are Vaccinated.

Have our Bahamas health Visa.  Be flying  Jet Blue FLL to NAS. Booked everything through Royal, including air and transfers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

After dinner I went to check mom’s house. Heard a rumble and this is what was coming. Just beat the rain home, and we got 1/2 an inch in 20 minutes or so. 

AF16795C-C397-4FCD-979C-E1C082FF86D5.thumb.jpeg.e08b4541ebf8ba8a8e104c486d575597.jpeg

E90EA22C-88BA-4D33-ABF0-E1C69861E67F.thumb.jpeg.18367960cc68ce3e4302cbecbe1c21bb.jpeg

I am surprised that Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel wasn't on the your road. I'm not sure if you get the US based Weather Channel - but Jim is always where the weather action is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It felt so good to attend a first concert since the lockdown at the County Fair today.  Really enjoyed Journey Revisited while watching the fluffy clouds roll by.   Not the real Journey but these guys were still very good.  

239B69EB-1A09-4A0C-AEBC-B4C658D91960.thumb.jpeg.334cb4349102c6debc89c0ca09c5f245.jpeg

I think that I saw them on a Royal ship...........I do remember that it was a Journey tribute band but I guess there are more.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Cruise countdown has started. 9 days to departure on Adventure of the seas  from Nassau.

Enjoy it to the fullest.

I think you'll be the first in "my" thread to get back to cruising as we knew it [almost 😉].

Should you have some spare minutes, I'm sure all of us will like to see pics and read first impressions 💐

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Enjoy it to the fullest.

I think you'll be the first in "my" thread to get back to cruising as we knew it [almost 😉].

Should you have some spare minutes, I'm sure all of us will like to see pics and read first impressions 💐

I'll try.  Ours will be the second sailing, 1st leaves this Saturday. I'm sure someone will post from there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A couple garden pics after we watered this morning. 

Lucy’s spirit animal. 

2FFCE105-FCD8-4C05-8DB2-EB226631781C.thumb.jpeg.18369bdc998f0c89c2d7b425666f0eca.jpeg

C922B769-6B55-4D97-9FD1-8113852BA60F.thumb.jpeg.b4993d1193aed8958f003909580fdd76.jpeg

EA314D60-4DC5-43C0-A0E9-B6E592FC6234.thumb.jpeg.4d25f1a195dbaa57889d52d646505c84.jpeg

5A29D040-A8A5-4DF2-8356-C63A9D8A8B12.thumb.jpeg.f8d401027a53c67818559c1e0ea6a6c0.jpeg

83CC75F9-1AB9-45C6-B869-B8100827EBAB.thumb.jpeg.6f0e71e8c7b399fa23ca50df56fbb6ef.jpeg

Such vibrant colors in the flowering plants!  Is the purple one “salvia”? I’m planning on using several of these along the pool fence. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I'll try.  Ours will be the second sailing, 1st leaves this Saturday. I'm sure someone will post from there.

I have one friend flying down today and another tomorrow for this Adventure. I’m looking forward to their photos. 

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

I have one friend flying down today and another tomorrow for this Adventure. I’m looking forward to their photos. 

I started following CLR on IG when he left  cc.  I believe he’s on one coming up soon. Hoping he will post a lot of photos.  

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Vax hunter news here.  

Great news for you & your family.