Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.     I wish they could find a treatment for his orthostatic issue.     That drives him nuts.      The best solution so far has been drinking plenty of fluids and doing regular exercises but somedays you just never know.   It happens out of the blue.   Sometimes he goes to stand up after a meal and he gets lightheaded and has to sit back down.   When he wakes up in middle of night to go to bathroom he tries to sit on the bed and wiggle his legs around to get blood flowing to increase his pressures after being laying down position but sometimes you got to go when you got to go.   

I had a similar problem once when I got up late at night to go. Ended up with 4 broken ribs and a punctured lung.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, tell Eric he needs to heal quickly.  Not many days left until August 28th🙏🤞

Oh believe me I have told him that already😁   He is able to walk (just slowly) and takes his time getting up and down.  I told him worst case scenario we will rent him a scooter and said No Way! He'll be fine!   

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric had a fall last weekend in our master bathroom.   He is orthostatic and if he gets up to quick his blood pressure can drop into the 60/40 range.     I guess this happened the other night when he went to go.      He was in some pain but said nothing was broken just twisted himself when he went to fall and wanting to avoid hitting his head on vanity and/or tile floor. 

While after 2 days of pain this week I called primary and he went for x-rays Wednesday afternoon.    They called this morning and said he has a fracture of his sacrum.     They said not much can be done but I just set up appt. to see the ortho doc on Monday afternoon.     Primary said to avoid any excessive/stressful activities and ortho will probably recommend some PT to start in a week or two.      For now, he is to take tylenol.   He's not in a lot of pain so that's good.   The only time he really feels the pain is in bed especially if he tries to turn from back to side.    

For anyone unsure where the sacrum is, here is an image I found online:

image.png.ea55859e6ad121151b71efb9745b7f09.png

Oh no! Sending my best wishes. Hope he feels better soon. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I love anything with ice cream,even pizza

Talking about pizza.....the one here on Celebrity is making me appreciate Sorrento's big time. I am willing to write 100 times, "I will NOT" make fun of Sorrento's! Lol !!! 😆.

Uh mmm we are only comparing Sorrento's on Royal to Celebrity pizza...on this sailing...at the Oceanview, not mama's authentic pizzas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Today was clean the deck and furniture day.  Also the weekly change of hummingbird feeders.  Now with this hot weather I only fill them

up about 20-25%. I have been watching them closely to make sure it does not go moldy.  Usually change mixture every 4-5 days. 

All hummies happy.  We have 3 feeders.               2 hanging and one on the window. 

35573F31-40E3-4295-998B-F142CB6EB373.jpeg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is so wonderful that you are able to do all of this with your Grandchildren.     Great memories of fun times for All 😍

We feel blessed we are able to do this with them.  It won’t be long until they will not want to be with us, and they will prefer their friends. We are enjoying while it lasts. 

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My grandparents died before I was born.I tend to spoil my grand kids.Their other grandparents passed away several years ago.

Then the spoiling is up to you, Lenny.  Too bad they may not have known their other grandparents. 

We feel bad that our California grandson only gets to see his other grandparents on video calls for the last couple years.  He was able to visit them in China in 2019.  Susan and I were looking forward to a trip to China, because they have some amazing places. Plus, we would have our own, personal guides.  Who knows how long that might be until we able to do that now.  

Some people may bash the Chinese, or other cultures, but when you come right down to it, everyone wants the best for their families.  Not to sound political, but it is just the idiots, every country seems to have in charge, that cause the problems. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I had a similar problem once when I got up late at night to go. Ended up with 4 broken ribs and a punctured lung.

Ouch!     I have had broken ribs and know they are no fun but not a punctured lung.   does that take long to heal?

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric had a fall last weekend in our master bathroom.   He is orthostatic and if he gets up to quick his blood pressure can drop into the 60/40 range.     I guess this happened the other night when he went to go.      He was in some pain but said nothing was broken just twisted himself when he went to fall and wanting to avoid hitting his head on vanity and/or tile floor. 

While after 2 days of pain this week I called primary and he went for x-rays Wednesday afternoon.    They called this morning and said he has a fracture of his sacrum.     They said not much can be done but I just set up appt. to see the ortho doc on Monday afternoon.     Primary said to avoid any excessive/stressful activities and ortho will probably recommend some PT to start in a week or two.      For now, he is to take tylenol.   He's not in a lot of pain so that's good.   The only time he really feels the pain is in bed especially if he tries to turn from back to side.    

For anyone unsure where the sacrum is, here is an image I found online:

image.png.ea55859e6ad121151b71efb9745b7f09.png

I'm so sorry to hear about Eric's fall and fracture Debbie.

Sending our prayers 🙏 for his recovery and hope his pain is minimal.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WooHoo!    You can do the happy dance now.      What ship and where you headed?

B2B allure,  western Carib then southern. All the normal ports, Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel,  then Coco Cay, Aruba   , Curacao.  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I wish I had grandparents like us when I was young, but times were much different then.  

We do tend to spoil them. 

My grandparents died when they were younger than I am now. 
They seemed like elderly people and looking at family photos, they were. 
Grandparents aren’t what they were when I had them!

• Like 4

We will soon be heading out to a wedding on our SIL side of the familyCorrie had this to say....

I will be the flower girl and Zander will be the reindeer......  😆 

Zander is going to be the ring bearer.  😆 

• Like 5
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Spent the last two evenings with the representative from Rabbit Hole Distillery who was in town for some tastings. If you are not familiar with Rabbit Hole they make some incredible bourbon from Louisville KY. It's an interesting story in that their founder Kaveh Zamanian’s was a successful clinical psychologist and psychoanalyst. He met his wife who was from Louisville and once he went to the city fell in love with bourbon. He decided to open his own distillery and produced his own bourbon have never done it before. He created several different recipes that were all different and were based on craft beer recipes.

So on Wednesday night we had a tasing at my good friends retail liquor store in the area. The room was packed to hear Rabbit Hole's rep explain the history, each bottle and how unique it was.

2060290767_Tastinng1.thumb.jpg.ae159c867d3719372d38bde853fb39a7.jpg

56687607_Tasting2.thumb.jpg.288e1ebadebe7f63c55415e6de50a1cb.jpg

4 flights to taste "Cavehill," "Heigold," "Dareringer," "Boxergrail."

1775443277_Tasting3.thumb.jpg.1f010f867149458a4408a32e08e84318.jpg

My favorite is the Dareringer which is aged in sherry casks. This is amazing. If you get a chance to try these I think you you will love them. They are unique and very good tasting. 

1238480201_Tasting4.thumb.jpg.628610c9e967d34855844662a0834ece.jpg

Then last night The Kansas City Whiskey Guild for which I'm a member hosted the rep with another tasting of the Rabbit Hole brand in a new bar downtown called "Society." We had custom cocktails using the different Rabbit Hole brands and did some fun socializing amongst everyone.

1445989451_KCWG2.thumb.jpg.536dcc2a26d2485419c5599c38b7e4f4.jpg

The highlight was watching two of our members spend $125 for a flight tasting of all the Pappy Van Winkle line of bourbons. These are considered by some as the "Holy Grail" of bourbon. I was surprised that the Rip Van Winkle 10 year (the cheaper bottle) beat out the older year Pappy's.

577055316_KCWG3.thumb.jpg.8f39a6caa3b5f24c889ffe8b0dd266ef.jpg

It was a great time sipping and talking bourbon by everyone.

Cheers!

KCWG 1.jpg

Our son and daughter-in-law just told us they and  their posse have rented a bus and driver to pick them up at the Louisville airport. 
They made up their own bourbon trail itinerary and are including Bowling Green to pay homage to the birthplace of their cars. 
Now that’s responsible drinking!!

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow very close, don't think we have ever been that close to the shoreline on any cruise along there we have been

I don't think we are extremely close. But I can see building silhouettes without using a camera or binoculars, far out. Very tiny ofcourse. And the phone took a good shot. It is a very clear day.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

@h20skibum

Take the kids here, the kids will not be disappointed, It's located in The Market Common, really cool area.

1220 Moser Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

The place is called " The Crazy Mason Milk Shake Bar"  It's cool just to sit there and all the amazing things they can do with a milk shake....................Grab a table first and watch and then go up and place your order. That will give you an idea just how large these shakes are.............Heck you can even share them.

https://www.thecrazymason.com/our-menu/

Curious where you are staying, we stayed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort off  of Ocean Blvd by Mytle Beach Airport.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Talking about pizza.....the one here on Celebrity is making me appreciate Sorrento's big time. I am willing to write 100 times, "I will NOT" make fun of Sorrento's! Lol !!! 😆.

Uh mmm we are only comparing Sorrento's on Royal to Celebrity pizza...on this sailing...at the Oceanview, not mama's authentic pizzas.

Sorrento’s is better than the pizza at Costco and better than many of the chain pizza restaurants.I also enjoy Pizza Hut.

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@h20skibum

Take the kids here, the kids will not be disappointed, It's located in The Market Common, really cool area.

The place is called " The Crazy Mason Milk Shake Bar"  It's cool just to sit there and all the amazing things they can do with a milk shake....................Grab a table first and watch and then go up and place your order. That will give you an idea just how large these shakes are.............Heck you can even share them.

Curious where you are staying, we stayed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort off  of Ocean Blvd by Mytle Beach Airport.

Market Common is a very cool little eating & shopping area. We stayed there back when the condos on the upper levels could be rented out,like air bnb’s.  I think that was in 2010 or 2011.  I looked into it a couple of years ago and I don’t think you can rent them any longer. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@h20skibum

I wanted to try this place, only because it looks so unique.  I have no takers. 

B91BA0F8-6359-4CC0-9CA9-873D2C1CF8A9.thumb.jpeg.8b1ebf4f5be1526274d074ff39bafc91.jpeg

227E1E53-0AB7-4C1B-ADD4-58B0E061A8B7.thumb.jpeg.61be97d8246d423365f985aeb458ec0c.jpeg

0796580D-2C3E-4E9D-B0A7-17648E61C25D.thumb.jpeg.87deebfdedc8588d204f5966cdff7b43.jpeg

D7FA035D-B5C4-4733-8F42-22D78BC0F7DD.thumb.jpeg.15408a2e7636a574501cc4d7f2fdf0da.jpeg

Grandkids shan’t Landshark tonight, so that’s where we are headed. 

• Like 14