Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So I guess what I'm looking at isn't correct? If arriving on a Tuesday you have a better shot of getting a slip in NYC to dock............arriving there on a Sunday, there may be no room to dock overnight getting there at 8am.

We docked one time in Manhattan coming back from a Repo...........a real Shi$ show, traffic around there is horrible. Getting a taxi there was nutso !! Was just trying to get back to our hotel(park n fly) where we left our car at to get home.

Going anywhere in NYC is an event in itself. Have no idea how people live there.

Sunday, September 1 At Sea    
Monday, September 2 At Sea    
Tuesday, September 3 New York (Manhattan), NY 8:00am  
Wednesday, September 4 New York (Manhattan), NY   2:00pm
Thursday, September 5 At Sea    
Friday, September 6 King's Wharf, Bermuda 10:00am 5:00pm
Saturday, September 7 At Sea    
Sunday, September 8 At Sea    
Monday, September 9 CocoCay, Bahamas 7:00am 5:00pm
Tuesday, September 10 Miami, FL

Are you referring to Manhattan or all of NYC ?

Wanted to pop in and wish @dani negreanu@sgmnand husbands a wonderful smooth sail cruise.

@DaniDanielleCongrats on your granddaughter's achievements and glad your son is back home.

@lenquixote66Lenny congrats to your granddaughter as well.

My ankle pain is at times intense and I am trying my best to deal with it.  It took 45 minutes last night to get my pain meds. I couldn't leave my bed and shouted "is anyone out there"?? I spoke to the Nursing Supervisor and the Administrator today and was reassured this would never  happen again.  Nasty nurses assistant said she never heard the "beep" that I needed help.  She lied and said she just got into work when she helped me 2 hours before.  Such is life.  I can't wait until Tuesday when I hopefully will be put in a "boot" so I can finally  put some weight on that leg and not hop on one leg when I need to transfer from the bed, to wheelchair, to potty, etc.

Food continues to be meh but Jack keeps  peppering me with goodies.

We're moving to an apartment next month closer to my sister in a town approx. 20 mins. from where we now live.  Unfortunately, Jack will have to pack everything himself.  

I have no idea how long I will be "holed up" in rehab.  Quite a few more weeks for sure.

I miss everything about my life BTF, before the fall but I feel blessed it isn't worse and thankfully, the surgery is behind me and every day will get better and better.

Please carry on with your wonderful stories and photos.  They brighten me up considerably.

• Like 15

Now I feel bad for posting a hiking post, while @BonTexasNY is laid up, but here goes. 

Although it was very warm today, it felt so good to get out and enjoy a little hike while our grandson was off on his last play date, before we whisk him away to Pennsylvania tomorrow.  

We found a little trail bridge. 

BE999FA2-D98C-40B4-9B02-4497249DCBC1.thumb.jpeg.19e9fdc78716ec045dcb6031624fd396.jpeg

over a nice wooded stream. (Although it is not very big this time of year.)

FD1C7F26-9DE7-4E6F-87E0-10F16D994C8F.thumb.jpeg.89d5f44fdcefa7ac565b7015947a70ab.jpeg

We ended up at what we call the blackberry trail, because there are so many blackberry bushes. 

3838AA25-1DA3-4245-90F4-9880CD55BD31.thumb.jpeg.6fd89a8b85980f4838b7b723ab49b4a7.jpeg

I was surprised to find a few ripe ones, and they were actually sweet. 

8A552499-11C6-4253-85D4-7E5D39D4B666.thumb.jpeg.9ca441c3144e83a62654c901e297cdcb.jpeg

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wanted to pop in and wish @dani negreanu@sgmnand husbands a wonderful smooth sail cruise.

@DaniDanielleCongrats on your granddaughter's achievements and glad your son is back home.

@lenquixote66Lenny congrats to your granddaughter as well.

My ankle pain is at times intense and I am trying my best to deal with it.  It took 45 minutes last night to get my pain meds. I couldn't leave my bed and shouted "is anyone out there"?? I spoke to the Nursing Supervisor and the Administrator today and was reassured this would never  happen again.  Nasty nurses assistant said she never heard the "beep" that I needed help.  She lied and said she just got into work when she helped me 2 hours before.  Such is life.  I can't wait until Tuesday when I hopefully will be put in a "boot" so I can finally  put some weight on that leg and not hop on one leg when I need to transfer from the bed, to wheelchair, to potty, etc.

Food continues to be meh but Jack keeps  peppering me with goodies.

We're moving to an apartment next month closer to my sister in a town approx. 20 mins. from where we now live.  Unfortunately, Jack will have to pack everything himself.  

I have no idea how long I will be "holed up" in rehab.  Quite a few more weeks for sure.

I miss everything about my life BTF, before the fall but I feel blessed it isn't worse and thankfully, the surgery is behind me and every day will get better and better.

Please carry on with your wonderful stories and photos.  They brighten me up considerably.

I hope you get better really soon and get back home.Ringing for nurses reminds me of the last time I was in a hospital.My surgeon told me that he was very respected in the hospital and had the very best attentive nurses in the hospital.They probably had hearing issues because they never responded to my needs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son came home, leg is still swollen so he is still on antibiotics.  Our granddaughter received three awards, a partial scholarship and a special award in honor of our friend and pastor who passed in January!!! So proud!!!

Thankful to hear your son made it home.  Hope he heals completely soon.

Congrats to the granddaughter. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Manhattan

If you know where you are going the city is fantastic, agree it’s a pain to try to grab a taxi from the port area which is not the best area . You were only a few blocks from some great restaurants, less than a mile from great museums. I can’t wait for my next visit .

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, George C said:

If you know where you are going the city is fantastic, agree it’s a pain to try to grab a taxi from the port area which is not the best area . You were only a few blocks from some great restaurants, less than a mile from great museums. I can’t wait for my next visit .

I always look forward to visiting Manhattan. It is very easy to get around and, with the exception of the southern part of the island, the grid system makes it very easy to navigate.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Only way we used to go into the city was to watch Broadway shows and Concerts we would take the train from from Hamiliton, NJ to Trenton, NJ then right to Penn Station which comes into Manhattan right under Madison Square Garden.

A lot less stress going to NYC that way. 🙂

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Only way we used to go into the city was to watch Broadway shows and Concerts we would take the train from from Hamiliton, NJ to Trenton, NJ then right to Penn Station which comes into Manhattan right under Madison Square Garden.

And from the north, MetroNorth into Grand Central is also quite easy. I really dislike taking a car into the city.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We always stay at 51st and 7th so walking distance to almost everything my only problem is we have expensive taste and like to stay in a suite between that and cost of drinks ( no drink package) we spend lots of money, hoping to visit at Labor Day.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, George C said:

We always stay at 51st and 7th so walking distance to almost everything my only problem is we have expensive taste and like to stay in a suite between that and cost of drinks ( no drink package) we spend lots of money, hoping to visit at Labor Day.

We used to visit NYC annually in Feb. . My husband for business and me for pleasure . We used to stay at the Sheraton at 52nd and 7th .  Loved it and once told a Beverly Hills resident I wanted to live in NY . He looked at me like I was crazy .  

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We used to visit NYC annually in Feb. . My husband for business and me for pleasure . We used to stay at the Sheraton at 52nd and 7th .  Loved it and once told a Beverly Hills resident I wanted to live in NY . He looked at me like I was crazy .  

You should try the michealanglo a block away , nothing wrong with Sheraton but Michealanglo is a nicer hotel , extremely large rooms , love there grand suite. Not crazy about New York City weather in February.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So I guess what I'm looking at isn't correct? If arriving on a Tuesday you have a better shot of getting a slip in NYC to dock............arriving there on a Sunday, there may be no room to dock overnight getting there at 8am.

We docked one time in Manhattan coming back from a Repo...........a real Shi$ show, traffic around there is horrible. Getting a taxi there was nutso !! Was just trying to get back to our hotel(park n fly) where we left our car at to get home.

Going anywhere in NYC is an event in itself. Have no idea how people live there.

Sunday, September 1 At Sea    
Monday, September 2 At Sea    
Tuesday, September 3 New York (Manhattan), NY 8:00am  
Wednesday, September 4 New York (Manhattan), NY   2:00pm
Thursday, September 5 At Sea    
Friday, September 6 King's Wharf, Bermuda 10:00am 5:00pm
Saturday, September 7 At Sea    
Sunday, September 8 At Sea    
Monday, September 9 CocoCay, Bahamas 7:00am 5:00pm
Tuesday, September 10 Miami, FL

You are correct. I wrote it down wrong I guess

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Would love to do a Panama Canal Cruise one day

Serenade of the Seas from Miami to Los Angeles in November 2023…and then at the end of the cruise, you’re almost home. Except for the Pacific Ocean! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

You should try the michealanglo a block away , nothing wrong with Sheraton but Michealanglo is a nicer hotel , extremely large rooms , love there grand suite. Not crazy about New York City weather in February.

I’m sure the Michealango is a better hotel.  The Sheraton rooms are small and at the time needed to be updated . But , you know the gimmick called loyalty points . We have many Marriott points , formerly Starwood .  So many , we could walk a guest and take their room . 

Safe travels to Sue and Dani . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Any books by Archer Mayor(all are murder mysteries)

Lily’s Payback by Andy Rose 

The Fifth Assassin by Brad Meltzer

The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton

Eye of the Needle-Ken Follett

Where The Crawdads Sing- Delia Owens

I tend to read a lot of books by authors that are not well known along with those who are very well known.

Thanks Lennie, I've made a note of these and will look them up. I read Eye of the Needle but not the others 

First day of our 3 day long weekend here.  Started the day with a  film at the Sydney Film Festival at the beautiful State Theatre in the city.  8E45BF22-FE8F-400D-A2C6-F890A1734F1C.thumb.jpeg.cad29c0cd6ae921499fa28ad7c38e64c.jpeg

Into the Ice - a documentary set in Greenland3C275554-B861-4A40-89B0-2A23EE13CCD9.jpeg.015d1478cc8cfdd3365b01f2335d7236.jpeg

featuring scientists measuring data on climate change on the ice sheets of Greenland. The highlight was the vision of the scientists abseiling deep down a moulin (ice crevasse) to measure if there was water under the base of the moulin.

• Like 13