Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We were back on a Long Island, NY beach today. Smith Point Park. We had not been to this particular beach before.  Our younger son and his wife were planning to drive us on the beach in their jeep, but alas that part of the beach was closed today (we think ongoing for some weeks to protect nesting wildlife). Anyway we were forced to walk and carry our stuff (horrors) to a different part of the beach. This son and daughter-in-law are expecting their first baby at the end of October. ❤️

20220626_090928.thumb.jpg.b8db976d379c96bc252013e9fd25cf5f.jpg

I never heard of this beach before .Congratulations on your future grandchild.

• Like 1

My first YouTube Channel geared towards cruising ALMOST has it's first video DONE! I might have one more snippet to edit, which I can't edit until Tuesday. After that, my video will drop, and I'll be getting some new material for the next video, due out in Fall 2022. 

My first video features this lovely, "Anthem Of The Seas"20220429_113849.thumb.jpg.ca3b7ffe564c9bf6d7529b5c094f8ac3.jpg

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, mets07 said:

We were back on a Long Island, NY beach today. Smith Point Park. We had not been to this particular beach before.  Our younger son and his wife were planning to drive us on the beach in their jeep, but alas that part of the beach was closed today (we think ongoing for some weeks to protect nesting wildlife). Anyway we were forced to walk and carry our stuff (horrors) to a different part of the beach. This son and daughter-in-law are expecting their first baby at the end of October. ❤️

Love the sea, my favourite place. Congrats on your upcoming grand baby 👶 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Msg from DD who is currently in Calgary enroute to Vancouver. It’s sooooo hot in Canada!

On our return from Barcelona last Thursday   we just got to the front of the check in queue when they said they were closing for an hour (we were early)

Not wanting to lose our place we stayed put and had a lovely conversation with a young couple from Vancouver who had spent 5 weeks traveling around Europe.  They did talk about the extreme weather last year. The time flew by 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, George C said:

I was a loyal cowboy fan until Jerry Jones bought them and fired Tom Landry . Got a picture of me and Too tall Jones a couple of years ago , nice guy , huge man , I am 6’4” and 270 and I looked tiny next to him . 

I remember the Tom Landry days.

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

My favorite team was the Houston Oilers with Bum Phillips.

That brings back memories. I partied with some of them way back in the Kenny Stabler days. I went to Angelo State University where they held their training camp. Wow, that was a lifetime ago.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, mets07 said:

So delightful to wake up and see your lovely beach picture. 

Congrats on your upcoming grandchild.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

My first YouTube Channel geared towards cruising ALMOST has it's first video DONE! I might have one more snippet to edit, which I can't edit until Tuesday. After that, my video will drop, and I'll be getting some new material for the next video, due out in Fall 2022. 

My first video features this lovely, "Anthem Of The Seas"20220429_113849.thumb.jpg.ca3b7ffe564c9bf6d7529b5c094f8ac3.jpg

I'm excited to watch your video.  Please send us a link once available online.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

On our return from Barcelona last Thursday   we just got to the front of the check in queue when they said they were closing for an hour (we were early)

Not wanting to lose our place we stayed put and had a lovely conversation with a young couple from Vancouver who had spent 5 weeks traveling around Europe.  They did talk about the extreme weather last year. The time flew by 

Hi Sue and Gary,  I loved your cruise photos.  Looks like you had warm sunny skies everyday.   

And delicious food.

I did find the sculpture of the elephant to be unusual.   I wonder if there is a special meaning to have the elephant.

Did you get to meet Captain Kate and Bugs?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

There is usually a Christmas in July celebration on the lake, and people decorate their boats.

I've seen videos of some of those celebrations. Boats look really cool decorated up in Christmas lights. I normally set up a small tree and all my Christmas music collector friends from the around the world get together via the internet for a Christmas music request show from the public radio station in Indiana that is hosted by one of our collector friends. It's a good time. I'll also watch a few of the new Hallmark Christmas movies that will air this month. Merry Christmas in July.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, NHProud said:

Thanks for posting the link .   It brings back wonderful memories.  

I am glad you enjoyed the sandcastles.  Don't look now though, there is a front end loader knocking them down and they are trucking away the sand.  I am surprised they don't just spread the sand out on the beach.  I know they truck in special sand for the contest, but I figured they would just mix it in.  My Mom watches that webcam everyday to see what is going on at the beach.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am glad you enjoyed the sandcastles.  Don't look now though, there is a front end loader knocking them down and they are trucking away the sand.  I am surprised they don't just spread the sand out on the beach.  I know they truck in special sand for the contest, but I figured they would just mix it in.  My Mom watches that webcam everyday to see what is going on at the beach.  

Maybe they save it for the next time.