Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

44 minutes ago, derorim said:

Jade is fully at peace in your home.

The kitten that lived under furniture for weeks. I sometimes wondered if we would ever do anything more than just share a house.  I guess I just had to adjust to her time frame.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The blue is all changed over to a pale green which should intensify over the next few months. I'm not sure if it shows well in these pictures....

20220701_145805.thumb.jpg.40ba8d51c6a79455552272956ec6d306.jpg

20220701_145758.thumb.jpg.2ce7b138d44dfa36cb26fe666bbef6bb.jpg

Beautiful,  she has adjusted well.  Agree with Dani, she knows she is gorgeous!!

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog  when you cruised from San Juan last year, did you spend any time there pre or post cruise?  If so, where did you stay and would you recommend it?  We are starting to look at details for our Voyager repositioning cruise later this year (Boston to San Juan).  On my list of hotels are the Decanter Hotel, Hotel CasaBlanca and El Convento, all in Old San Juan.  

We have stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan, right by the day port, where the Royal hips  dock for the day, not departure port as well as the Marriott Stella's in Condado.  The Sheraton was great for exploring Old San Juan with great views from the roof top pool.  The Marriott was a great beach hotel with lots of restaurants close by, but a taxi was needed to get to Old San Juan.  Lots of great options but you need to figure out what you are looking to do while there.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The kitten that lived under furniture for weeks. I sometimes wondered if we would ever do anything more than just share a house.  I guess I just had to adjust to her time frame.

I will bet within no time she will be snuggled on your lap and being daddy’s girl.

• Like 3

Happy Canada Day to those who celebrate it 🇨🇦🍁.  DD has just spent a week in Vancouver.  After a very bumpy start due to the their accommodation’s very grimy location, she has fallen in love with the city. She has made me envious with beautiful videos of cruise ships in port, seaplanes taking off, their bike rides through Stanley Park, hike up Grouse mountain and lunch in glorious weather at Granville Markets.

@sgmnthe nice young couple you got chatting to at the airport, live in a beautiful part of the world.

@jagsfan from your earlier question, her flight from London connected through Calgary and they were in the plane on the tarmac for an hour.  Tomorrow, the girls head off on a 20 day road trip and Calgary will be one of the places they visit.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Keep in mind that her time frame encompasses nine lives…. Glad she’s come out and feels comfortable!

• Like 2

Ok, I’m back in the room and just finished devouring a short rib dinner from room service. Jays game was amazing.  It started with a tribute to a past Canadian player who has retired from baseball. The Jays wasn’t his last team he played for, but it was the only Canadian team he player for. 

As for the game, Jays won 9/2. I will post photos tomorrow night when we get home. Hopefully we get another win tomorrow.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is a hot one here today - 96 and muggy

Today was our hottest day here and it was muggy but about an hour a storm rolled in, the temperature dropped and no longer muggy.   We even put long sleeve shirts on. 

The wind is up and the lake is getting choppy. 

image.thumb.png.7cab81420b5ae4f9544944567613a688.png

I tied to post this a couple hours ago then then rain rolled in and we took off.  Get a block or two from the lake and poor cell internet.   Almost like cruising internet. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The blue is all changed over to a pale green which should intensify over the next few months. I'm not sure if it shows well in these pictures....

20220701_145805.thumb.jpg.40ba8d51c6a79455552272956ec6d306.jpg

20220701_145758.thumb.jpg.2ce7b138d44dfa36cb26fe666bbef6bb.jpg

Jade is gorgeous!!

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

By the way, thanks to you guys, I surprised my husband last night while watching Jeopardy. 
The clue was asking what is in a Dark and Stormy besides ginger beer and I said “Rum, of course, preferably Kraken.”

Dick looked at me like I just dropped in from Mars. 
Then he said “Don’t tell me. Cruise Critic”.

I love how we share topics from "fruit to nuts" not only with each other, but with our significant others as well😉

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I see a lifetime ban for some.  

One can hope!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Allergies and asthma has kept us from pets.  My youngest daughter now has a standard poodle 🐩 and it has not caused any problems. 

Our cats caused me to get asthma and one trip to the emergency room, got shots for a couple years but I grew out of that and haven’t needed shots for decades.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Try this: 

Apologies for any technical glitches, I'm still learning the software.

Sounds like a computer generated voice. Is that right? Why not use your own voiceover?

• Like 1

Watching Bravo reruns of BD Thailand. From commercials it looks like BD Med will be on Mondays and BD Down Under will be on Tuesdays starting July 11.

@Sea Dogas for you, I'm not quite sure whether to thank you, or not, for introducing me to Kraken.😉😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

At least you were not having to pull it out the other end

FYI, you should NEVER pull a string that is hanging out the other end... it can "slice" through the intestines and result in a perforated bowel, causing a fatal infection.  

• Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I will bet within no time she will be snuggled on your lap and being daddy’s girl.

I believe she already has.

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@singinalot Happy 40th Birthday Crystal 🥳🎂🎉.  Enjoy your birthday celebrations Florida style.  

+3 

All the mice and cat stories make me so glad ours are indoor cats. They also get to go into my screened in orchid house, but the mice and critters can’t get in there. 

• Like 5