Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

@ourusualbeach   Do you know anything about Amadeus River cruises?   Specifically the Amadeus Silver III?      We got an offer from a local travel group for a river cruise on this ship with a great itinerary.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that line. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I appreciate that information. It is a big eye opener for me that I have become way too comfortable and have let my guard down way too much with what I post here. This is something that I will rectify immediately. I am really annoyed with myself right now.

@Ocean Boy I understand your concerns, but I hope you remain with us. There are many things here I willingly share and others that I keep close. Part of the connection of this page is about being comfortable with others, even though we don’t all know each other’s names. 

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

If it makes you feel any better I do not know your real name and I'm fine that you don't share that. If someday we are on a cruise together and you share it with me I will look at it as a gift.

Me too as well.

I’d gladly buy OB a drink and some pizza in a port of call, definitely not at Sorrentos.

• Like 12

43 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

For our day, today, we decided to buy our grandson a bike, and teach him to ride.  They don’t have many places to ride where he lives, so he never learned.  Like a basic life skill, everyone needs to learn. 

After a couple tries, we had some success. Here, we are teaching the proper side of the road, if he decides to bike in the UK. 😀

0E82EE50-C676-4558-BD4B-222A39190414.thumb.jpeg.5dccfcda27bbff34a3399a3f167079aa.jpeg

Then we traveled to @Lionesss’s neck of the woods in Warren, Ohio for a Greek festival. 

lamb chops

521C4268-7E7E-4484-B092-932D8744C1FD.thumb.jpeg.75729f50522a4d77237d90ae97e27c2c.jpeg

gyros

and time spent on a few carnival rides. 

Now, it is movie time and drinks at our house. No smoothies, colada’s, or daiquiris tonight. This was our quick, easy drink of choice tonight. 

Apple juice and fireball over ice. 

Your grandkids look like they have the most fun....how awesome that you are able to give them these experiences.

Edited by Gardener5b
edit for clarity
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Wicked, cool picture. Did you use a filter or enhance it in anyway? 

It would look great in a frame.

This wasn’t my photo, but a storm chaser’s. 

Here are a few photos from pre and post storm photos. 

Pre-storm front photos. 

BEF83D3C-FFAC-4EAA-9F3D-C41C0F5AFBAA.thumb.jpeg.8b0bfc2a8fe50dddbd6c79c7c2c8152b.jpeg

Here is the storm chaser’s photo again. I’d say we were close to having a tornado, and this was about 5 miles from our home. 

1261E06A-2DE9-4F9F-8D98-227D93B1556D.thumb.jpeg.0179ae5b1ff60ea8f6eea2f857f7d7aa.jpeg

Below is the shelf cloud reaching us. We had some of the same colours but it was breaking up compared to the photo above. 

29D16423-3F1B-4C38-B0C9-045711F835B9.thumb.jpeg.a87a974a38987a8d84ed5dc9afb43480.jpeg

After 40 minutes it looked like this to the west. 

D37B94FE-0D76-42E0-816C-5D1251B565D9.thumb.jpeg.6d5661a706d99b9e4879caacd693342e.jpeg

2DF57597-77BB-4CB4-B0EC-85E688EFD701.thumb.jpeg.b667391c0bed1d9f15203fec8c408dfb.jpeg

Looking east we saw this.  The structure and size was amazing. 

A7488B51-C2CF-48B7-9A5B-B8C7C909F0EB.thumb.jpeg.cb509e6556cb554a7e813df82cbf1994.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Mochi was 8 months old when my son adopted him.  He was so white, soft, fluffy and squishy, kind of like the sweet Mochi dessert.  So that's where the name came from.  I had a chance to eat the dessert in Izumi on a recent cruise- the Navigator but I was too full to eat it.  Son says he's finding a lot of people naming their dog Mochi now.  

Perfect name and such a cute dog!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@jagsfan I’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s fall.  Ever since reading about Ivana Trump’s fall I have been thinking even more than usual about trying to ensure we don’t fall.  I had a friend who lived alone, in her 80’s, who wore flip flops and caught one on the stairs…with both hands full so she couldn’t break her fall.  We live in a two story house and I am always careful to have a free hand to hold the stair rail when going up or down.  So now I’ll add to remember to not put anything to trip over in my way at night.

”Luckily” since getting Diana and Minnie I’m used to walking with one eye on the floor.  They absolutely do NOT get out of your way…evidently that’s my responsibility.

I walk like a chicken, always looking down. I’ve been a klutz all my life, and have a patch on the bedroom wall to prove it. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I am a M*A*S*Haholic and probably saw each episode numerous times.  You can view the very last episode shown on You Tube.  The very last episode that was actually filmed was the one about the time capsule.  The finale, the hour long episode was filmed before that one but was telecast last.

@jagsfanHealing prayers to Ginny.  My friend's mother had hip replacement surgery when she was approx.. 100.  Dr. was not in agreement but my friend didn't want his active mother in a wheelchair in pain.  Surgery was successful, she was in rehab a short while and went back to Assisted Living.  She passed away a few years ago at the age of 107 dancing until the end.

That will be Ginny if she can get past this. She’s a treasure and we’re all so worried. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I am a M*A*S*Haholic and probably saw each episode numerous times.  You can view the very last episode shown on You Tube.  The very last episode that was actually filmed was the one about the time capsule.  The finale, the hour long episode was filmed before that one but was telecast last.

@jagsfanHealing prayers to Ginny.  My friend's mother had hip replacement surgery when she was approx.. 100.  Dr. was not in agreement but my friend didn't want his active mother in a wheelchair in pain.  Surgery was successful, she was in rehab a short while and went back to Assisted Living.  She passed away a few years ago at the age of 107 dancing until the end.

My mother really doesn’t want to live anymore, she is in a comfortable place and is happy with her living arrangements and has no pain but would be happy to pass , she is in fairly god shape for 96. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

To the cocktail shakers on the board, there is a very interesting program called Mix Hour on Hungry Channel. I thought about Greg and Deb, so posted it here. Edited to add Debbie! How did I leave you out! 😁

Sounds interesting. I’ve never heard of the Hungry Channel? Is this a cable television channel?

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Now, it is movie time and drinks at our house. No smoothies, colada’s, or daiquiris tonight. This was our quick, easy drink of choice tonight. 

435C6BE3-26BA-4564-80F0-755D88CBD4C1.thumb.jpeg.9173220673ca780c5ee08ec3f2619ebd.jpeg

Sounds very tasty. Simple is sometimes best!

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This wasn’t my photo, but a storm chaser’s. 

Here are a few photos from pre and post storm photos. 

Pre-storm front photos. 

BEF83D3C-FFAC-4EAA-9F3D-C41C0F5AFBAA.thumb.jpeg.8b0bfc2a8fe50dddbd6c79c7c2c8152b.jpeg

Here is the storm chaser’s photo again. I’d say we were close to having a tornado, and this was about 5 miles from our home. 

1261E06A-2DE9-4F9F-8D98-227D93B1556D.thumb.jpeg.0179ae5b1ff60ea8f6eea2f857f7d7aa.jpeg

Below is the shelf cloud reaching us. We had some of the same colours but it was breaking up compared to the photo above. 

29D16423-3F1B-4C38-B0C9-045711F835B9.thumb.jpeg.a87a974a38987a8d84ed5dc9afb43480.jpeg

After 40 minutes it looked like this to the west. 

D37B94FE-0D76-42E0-816C-5D1251B565D9.thumb.jpeg.6d5661a706d99b9e4879caacd693342e.jpeg

2DF57597-77BB-4CB4-B0EC-85E688EFD701.thumb.jpeg.b667391c0bed1d9f15203fec8c408dfb.jpeg

Looking east we saw this.  The structure and size was amazing. 

A7488B51-C2CF-48B7-9A5B-B8C7C909F0EB.thumb.jpeg.cb509e6556cb554a7e813df82cbf1994.jpeg

Incredible photos. That was a big storm.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, George C said:

My mother really doesn’t want to live anymore, she is in a comfortable place and is happy with her living arrangements and has no pain but would be happy to pass , she is in fairly god shape for 96. 

My grandfather (for whom I was named and who was my favorite relative even now years after his death) started to say when he was 98 that he was ready to go.  He had no health issues…and since I loved him so…I said things like “Oh, no.  We need you around for a long time.”  He died a year later.  I wish I had said “I understand.  You’ve had a remarkable life.  Let’s talk about it.”  

He really did have an amazing life.  He went from riding horses to men walking on the moon.  He saw Halley’s Comet twice!

• Like 16

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I like apple juice and I like fireball. Two great tastes that should go together.  I need to try this.

What's the mixture? Or do you just eyeball it?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That disgusts me to hear she said it was karma.   Whenever you speak of her she sounds like a nasty person.  Sorry you both have had to deal with that😥

Thank you Debbie she and her husband are both nasty.

• Like 1

Good morning.

It is 64°F with light rain showers.

The important thing is we are all friends on here and we can say as little or as much as we like.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, pain free, safe day.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I like apple juice and I like fireball. Two great tastes that should go together.  I need to try this.

What's the mixture? Or do you just eyeball it?

I just eyeball it.  

We do something similar in the winter with a warm apple cider and fireball mix with a stick of cinnamon 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, George C said:

My Nana felt this way when she was 96.  Once she was no longer able to drive and unable to live by herself and refused to move in with my parents and didn't want anyone staying with her.   We moved her to assisted living.   She was in good health, very active.  At first she was OK with new place then about 6 months later she told us she was done.   She decided to stop eating.  My Mother would beg her to eat.   I would sit and listen to why she didn't want to be alive anymore.  It made sense to me so I would sit with her for hours several times a week talking about everything and anything.

My Mother would ask me to get her to eat.  I  said No. I am respecting her wishes.  She passed within 2 weeks.  

Her home had called family the night before she passed and told us it will happen very soon as she was fading away.

I went there early that morning and took her some hershey kisses, she always loved them.   She ate 2 or 3 kisses.  Asked if I would be okay.  I told her i would be fine after everything she taught me on how to be a strong independent woman.  I told her to close her eyes and have happy thoughts as she was an amazing woman.   

I left in tears knowing that would be the last time.   I went to work and half later I got the call she had passed.   The nurse said she was gone moments after I left.   

My Mom had a real tough time in understanding and kept wanting to know what I said to her and what she said.   Eventually my Mom understood.

Hopefully you are able to enjoy what time you have with her and try your best to understand and appreciate her wishes.💖

• Like 24

14 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I got some sad news a few minutes ago. 
Ny dear 98 year old friend Ginny got back yesterday from Pennsylvania where she was staying with her daughter. 
Her daughter was recovering from surgery and Ginny flew up to take care of her. 
She was there more than a month, and enjoyed the grands and great grands. 
Photos were posted on Facebook of Ginny in a backyard water balloon fight. 
Last night, home in her own bed, she got up to go to the bathroom and forgot she left her suitcase between her bed and the bathroom. 
Yep! She tripped over it and broke where the ball fits into her hip socket. 
The orthopedic group and other doctors are trying to decide what to do. 
At her age, surgery is especially risky, but Ginny has been trotting up and down stairs, dancing any time there’s music, 

and enjoying life in general. 
Her only signs of age are macular degeneration and having a harder time reading the dice. 
We are not ready to lose Ginny. 
And  really not ready to have her lose her zest for life. 
Please send up a prayer that she won’t lose her quality of life and can heal from this. 
Mimi

Prayers for your friend Mimi 🙏🙏🙏

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have an abundant amount of cucumbers from our garden this year.   I am looking for suggestions on what to make with them.      I have given a lot away to neighbors and this weekend may set up a Help yourself - Free produce at end of driveway. 

So far I have made cucumber salads, cucumber water, just made a pitcher of cumber mint mojitos (Boy are they Good!) and I found this recipe I want to try this weekend.     https://www.marthastewart.com/1118951/chilled-melon-cucumber-and-mint-soup

Any suggestions?

More cucumber mint mojitos 🤣!!  (maybe frozen ones in this heat)

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Nana felt this way when she was 96.  Once she was no longer able to drive and unable to live by herself and refused to move in with my parents and didn't want anyone staying with her.   We moved her to assisted living.   She was in good health, very active.  At first she was OK with new place then about 6 months later she told us she was done.   She decided to stop eating.  My Mother would beg her to eat.   I would sit and listen to why she didn't want to be alive anymore.  It made sense to me so I would sit with her for hours several times a week talking about everything and anything.

My Mother would ask me to get her to eat.  I  said No. I am respecting her wishes.  She passed within 2 weeks.  

Her home had called family the night before she passed and told us it will happen very soon as she was fading away.

I went there early that morning and took her some hershey kisses, she always loved them.   She ate 2 or 3 kisses.  Asked if I would be okay.  I told her i would be fine after everything she taught me on how to be a strong independent woman.  I told her to close her eyes and have happy thoughts as she was an amazing woman.   

I left in tears knowing that would be the last time.   I went to work and half later I got the call she had passed.   The nurse said she was gone moments after I left.   

My Mom had a real tough time in understanding and kept wanting to know what I said to her and what she said.   Eventually my Mom understood.

Hopefully you are able to enjoy what time you have with her and try your best to understand and appreciate her wishes.💖

This is very touching Debbie. What a special bond the two of you must’ve had. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 64°F with light rain showers.

The important thing is we are all friends on here and we can say as little or as much as we like.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, pain free, safe day.

Take care.

Graham.

I love you morning reports.  Anytime you want to post more pictures of your fabulous garden I won't mind!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I love you morning reports.  Anytime you want to post more pictures of your fabulous garden I won't mind!

Thank you.

Lunch today in a lovely Italian restaurant.

Graham 

IMG_20220722_124057.jpg

IMG-20220722-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220722-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20220722-WA0001.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1