Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good news on the ankle front.  My Physical Therapist told me yesterday that I would be out of my wheelchair and walking with the aid of a walker in 2 weeks.  He had me walk a bit with a walker and although a bit painful I succeeded in not faltering.  He said I have to be positive and not be afraid that I might fall or hurt my ankle which is loaded with titanium hardware and will not be damaged taking regular steps.

I can't wait to put this wheelchair into storage.  Hopefully, the walker will follow but not sure how long I will need it.  I just don't want to rely on the walker when I don't actually need it.  My friend's husband fell, nothing broken, no surgery and refuses to walk without a walker.  He has no other history of falling.  He's just afraid.  I don't want that to be me.

That is positive news Bonnie.

Sending you our very best wishes for a full recovery and no pain.

Graham.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good news on the ankle front.  My Physical Therapist told me yesterday that I would be out of my wheelchair and walking with the aid of a walker in 2 weeks.  He had me walk a bit with a walker and although a bit painful I succeeded in not faltering.  He said I have to be positive and not be afraid that I might fall or hurt my ankle which is loaded with titanium hardware and will not be damaged taking regular steps.

I can't wait to put this wheelchair into storage.  Hopefully, the walker will follow but not sure how long I will need it.  I just don't want to rely on the walker when I don't actually need it.  My friend's husband fell, nothing broken, no surgery and refuses to walk without a walker.  He has no other history of falling.  He's just afraid.  I don't want that to be me.

Sounds like you're making some great slow and steady progress.  Keep up the work and before you know it, you'll be back to normal walking!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Then we joined an evening bum boat cruise that passed under the illuminated bridges and past the Merlin fountain and across to58F91C69-F67F-4C0E-957C-1683553B0B79.thumb.jpeg.1800b5bc2a6785da74735bcab822565d.jpeg

DC96B700-755F-425F-B30C-716BDC7E7E5B.thumb.jpeg.8bcb57cdb3f09f8672027f5a46140c5c.jpeg

see the light show at Marina Bay Sands Hotel.  My photo is poor quality but the light show & dancing fountains were worth seeing.

Thank you so much for sharing. 
I really know little about Singapore other than strict rules! I would love to have visited when I was much more mobile than I am now. 
Thanks  to your photos, I feel like I’ve seen some of the best parts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

We passed a gas station not far from us with regular at $3.69.  A bargain!

Every time gas ever goes down over the years,  I want to empty the gas tank so I can fill it with “cheap” gas. 
Funny how my mind rationalizes things!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being aware of the possibility of fear will protect you from it. 
Plus your determination to put this behind you. 
I’m glad you’re making such good progress!

• Like 1

Bonnie, That is wonderful news.  

"One foot in front of the other and soon you will be walking out the front door"    is that wording from song with Bumble on Rudolph?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Sea Dogyou are probably busy getting ready for your dinner party.  Just wanted to say, Cheers and stay cool😍

Thanks Debbie. Just finished the Greek Orzo Salad and Seasoning and making my special marinade for the filets. Next up twice baked potatoes. Got to pace myself as standing and being slightly bent over in the kitchen kills my knees and back. I’ll post pictures later. It’s so hot I probably could cook the steaks on the patio (but I won’t)so I guess I will need to stay hydrated with a frozen cocktail a “dirty banana.” Cheers!

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Not sure how many of you have had the pleasure of visiting Singapore but thought I’d share some photos of the week my Dad & I spent there.  Doing a repositioning cruise from Singapore to Sydney is on my bucket list.

Never been to Singapore but after seeing your fantastic pictures I want to go now! Love your pics!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I thought they were banana peppers which I raised one year.  Great pickled on hot dogs or brats.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

yes, the bulk of them is banana peppers but Baily and Sophie was questioning if 2 of the peppers were something else and after closer look at the photo it is possible there may be a poblano or jalapeno pepper in the mix.    

I agree.    I have pickled them as well as cucumbers in the past and they are so much better than what you buy in the store.    I made cheesesteaks for dinner last night and put some on our sandwiches, yummy.

My DH was told they are two different kinds of peppers but neither of them are supposed to be hot.  He remembers she said "italian peppers" and something else.  I thought they look like banana peppers too and searched for italian pepper names and none ring a bell to him.  I had gone shopping yesterday and bought italian sausages and rolls to have an easy dinner today but forgot peppers lol  I usually use red bell peppers and sweet onions but whatever these are will have to do!  Figured I would ask here as there are lots that grow all sorts of stuff.  Thanks for the help, will see how they taste later. 🙂 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Debbie. Just finished the Greek Orzo Salad and Seasoning and making my special marinade for the filets. Next up twice baked potatoes. Got to pace myself as standing and being slightly bent over in the kitchen kills my knees and back. I’ll post pictures later. It’s so hot I probably could cook the steaks on the patio (but I won’t)so I guess I will need to stay hydrated with a frozen cocktail a “dirty banana.” Cheers!

Never been to Singapore but after seeing your fantastic pictures I want to go now! Love your pics!

The company both me and my wife worked for moved from Dallas to Singapore about 20 years ago , but took very few employees with them. When they moved from New York City to Dallas they offered everyone who worked there a job in Dallas.

• Like 4

We have just got home after a couple of enjoyable nights away in a gorgeous hotel in York.

We visited the York Designer outlet and York city.

We also visited another nice shopping outlet.

IMG_20220722_133141.jpg

IMG_20220722_133133.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

1. Galapagos.

4. Hawaii

5. Iceland

I’ve never been to the Galapagos and most likely too late , now , physically.  We’ve been to 4 & 5 .  For me , I guess Cairo was the most impressive especially the museum.  Most scenic the coast of Norway on a small boat that stopped at small villages to deliver mail and supplies. Thinking of Greenland after Hawaii cruise . Really wanted to go to the Hermitage but Russia definitely out .I’m looking forward to your impression of Cypress resort .  

Some 150,000 people in town for Comic-Con . Strange bunch ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’ve never been to the Galapagos and most likely too late , now , physically.  

Don't say too late.... Since it is quite an expensive "cruise", most of the passengers were in their 70s and even 80s, with a sprinkle of "well heeled" honeymooners... 😉

Every day they offer 2 types of excursions, so you can choose what fits you. Mostly, we took trips with the boat. If you can be in and out of this boat, you'll be fine.

That's me on the right side, with the short red hair, just getting out of the boat...

image.jpeg.b33ddfe28169cd3bb254bfa58294e2ed.jpeg

I guess Cairo was the most impressive especially the museum.  

Cairo is for us a lesson ... our youngest was posted there, but we said "we'll visit later".... and "later" never came...

Most scenic the coast of Norway on a small boat that stopped at small villages to deliver mail and supplies.

Our cruise to the Norwegian fjords was amazing, but not near the ones I've listed. Norway is breathtaking beautiful.

Really wanted to go to the Hermitage but Russia definitely out .

My "in house" artist wanted at least 2 full days at the Hermitage, land based it was... A huge collection of impressionists, but the Quai D'orsay comes a close second, IMHO.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My friend's husband fell, nothing broken, no surgery and refuses to walk without a walker.  He has no other history of falling.  He's just afraid.  I don't want that to be me.

Sometimes fear can be a hard thing to overcome. The best thing is to forward with a positive attitude.  I am sure @Ocean Boy would say the same, but that is just my philosophy.  

Glad to hear you can ditch the wheelchair. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

yes, the bulk of them is banana peppers but Baily and Sophie was questioning if 2 of the peppers were something else and after closer look at the photo it is possible there may be a poblano or jalapeno pepper in the mix.    

I agree.    I have pickled them as well as cucumbers in the past and they are so much better than what you buy in the store.    I made cheesesteaks for dinner last night and put some on our sandwiches, yummy.

Well, they all look yummy. Nothing like home-grown!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Don't say too late.... Since it is quite an expensive "cruise", most of the passengers were in their 70s and even 80s, with a sprinkle of "well heeled" honeymooners... 😉

Every day they offer 2 types of excursions, so you can choose what fits you. Mostly, we took trips with the boat. If you can be in and out of this boat, you'll be fine.

That's me on the right side, with the short red hair, just getting out of the boat...

image.jpeg.b33ddfe28169cd3bb254bfa58294e2ed.jpeg

Cairo is for us a lesson ... our youngest was posted there, but we said "we'll visit later".... and "later" never came...

Our cruise to the Norwegian fjords was amazing, but not near the ones I've listed. Norway is breathtaking beautiful.

My "in house" artist wanted at least 2 full days at the Hermitage, land based it was... A huge collection of impressionists, but the Quai D'orsay comes a close second, IMHO.

I like the way your husband thinks ! I , also , like your hair in the photo.  Very stunning !  There’s a French Impressionist exhibition at our local Museum of Art .  It’s very small .  We are probably the only ones who have visited the Portland Maine museum of art .  

Hope you are getting better ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Please let's not give anyone any ideas.

Myself and probably a lot of regulars will probably stop posting like I have done on Bella's thread.

Sincerely.

Graham.

Sorry Graham, I cannot control where you post, and respect your feelings,  But I do stand by what I feel. You do not have to agree. Peace.

• Like 2

Where we live in north Eastern Ohio many of the flavored alcoholic potent potables are a big hit

Take for example Amaretto. Either on the rocks. Or better yet over French Vanilla  ice cream. 

But the hottest ticket in this town seems to be Peach Crown Royal. And our local liquor stores only get a case or two and it is gone instantly. 

So while in Oxford Ohio we went to one of the bigger stores JUNGLE JIMS. And we patronized their booze section. 
No Buffalo Trace. (😔).

But I got some Captains Spice Rum 100 since it is hard to get here. 

Of course the crown section had slim Pickens. 

So as I was paying my bill I go to the cashier how I was hoping to get Peach Crown. But I see the shelf is empty. 

She goes we keep it behind the counter. Limit one. So I got one. Texted the DH AND DD to come to counter and get one. DH did but DD could not because she left her drivers license at home.  She goes. I’m not drinking after all do not want to harm the baby. So I didn’t bring it. Did not think I would need one.

We go. It’s ok. The baby must be draining your brain. But you should carry some form of ID on you at all times. 

So I have 2 as gifts. One for my friends birthday and the other to the highest bidder. 

Later. 

686DA09E-AF02-4272-8EBB-D247E6ED99C8.thumb.jpeg.901ad4fb825bbf2cdab9c07267d3e46e.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 10

@Sea Dog I found a way to access the Hungry Network.  They go through a group called XUMO.  Xumo has an app you can download and watch shows for free.  It has 11 food channels.   One is Hungry.   You can watch it live or they have several  series you can choose to watch.  There is a Huge selection of a large variety of programs and movies.  I have just started to use it but I think I will like it.  It's a bit of a challenge to get around on it but may get better as I continue to use it.  

I just noticed they have Jamie Oliver on there too.  Jamie's. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
Jamie's
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Sorry Graham, I cannot control where you post, and respect your feelings,  But I do stand by what I feel. You do not have to agree. Peace.

You are always lovely Arzeena.

I worry this thread will fade away in the Floataway lounge with only a handful of daily posters and we all lose touch which would be sad as we have gone through a lot together.

Graham x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2