Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

My friend Ginny update:

Her hip is fractured, not broken, and the orthopedist will not operate because he doesn’t think she’d survive general anesthesia. 
She will be 4 weeks in a nursing home and then 4 more in rehab. 
We’re hoping she can get into River Garden, Hebrew Home for the Aged that has nursing care as well as rehab. 
I was there for 3 weeks of rehab after my hip replacement. 
Nowadays they wake you up after that surgery and tell you to go home, you’re done. 
The sad thing is that Ginny has always been strong and independent, but she  will not be able to get upstairs to her bedroom after 8 weeks of mostly being in bed. 
Maybe she’ll surprise us, but I think her life will permanently change. 
It would have changed anyway, because the scans they did yesterday showed masses  in her spine and lungs. No symptoms of problems, but she has always refused colonoscopies and only goes to the eye doctor and occasionally to her primary. 
98 is a good age to have stayed active socially and always upbeat. 
I have never heard her take offense from a perceived slight or give offense to anybody. I think that’s her secret for a happy life. 
She is still upbeat according to her closest friend, who updated us. 
Thank you, friends, for caring. 
mimi

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Bonnie, That is wonderful news.  

"One foot in front of the other and soon you will be walking out the front door"    is that wording from song with Bumble on Rudolph?

Sung by The Winter Warlock on "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". 🙂

• Thanks 1

As I have mentioned before- this thread moves quickly ! Which is a good thing as it is filled with interesting info and life happenings.

Catching up here with peppers 🌶of different kinds,gas prices (going down🤞),

travel photos (📷) particularity Singapore- lovely @aussielozzie18and York - interesting Graham,and  the favorite cities lists🗒 where some posters have cities in common.And not to forget- Jimmy Buffet! 

I will add that today is our 39th wedding anniversary. As a friend texted us today- “Where did the time go? Wasn’t it just awhile ago that I was dancing at your wedding ?”. We celebrated with a late lunch at a favorite restaurant.No food pictures as I don’t think hubby would understand. But it was yummy. Shell steak for him,a half order of ribs for me and a shared upside down peach cake. 

Now,we are getting ready to watch the Yankee game. It was a good day!

This is us! MJ🙋🏻and hubby 👨🏻‍🦳

50191FC3-B9AA-43CD-8C73-E1D6DFC17D33.jpeg

• Like 32

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That is positive news Bonnie.

Sending you our very best wishes for a full recovery and no pain.

Graham.

Thank you and Pauline!

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like you're making some great slow and steady progress.  Keep up the work and before you know it, you'll be back to normal walking!

Slow and steady works! Thanks.

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Yay Bonnie!

Double Yay, Marietta, thanks.

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Being aware of the possibility of fear will protect you from it. 
Plus your determination to put this behind you. I 
I’m glad you’re making such good progress!

I appreciate the advice. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Bonnie, That is wonderful news.  

"One foot in front of the other and soon you will be walking out the front door"    is that wording from song with Bumble on Rudolph?

I don't know the song but walking out the front door sounds sweet. Thanks.

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sometimes fear can be a hard thing to overcome. The best thing is to forward with a positive attitude.  I am sure @Ocean Boy would say the same, but that is just my philosophy.  

Glad to hear you can ditch the wheelchair. 

Thanks for your advice as well.  

Is anyone else having problems hitting the like, thanks, laugh buttons?  I get a pop-up that there is a problem.

• Like 6

Mimi- Thank you for the update of your dear friend,Ginny. I hope that she can retain her spirit in the challenges ahead for her. I think her friends will help her with that.

On a practical note- could she have a chair that takes you up stairs- not sure of the name - installed so she could get to her bedroom and bathroom?

Hoping she can get in the facility you were in so she wouldn’t have to move from nursing care to a rehab center. Does anyone have any “pull” with the facility to advocate for Ginny? 

Bonnie- Good news about ditching the wheelchair soon.You are making good progress!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

As I have mentioned before- this thread moves quickly ! Which is a good thing as it is filled with interesting info and life happenings.

travel photos (📷) particularity Singapore- lovely @aussielozzie18and York - interesting Graham,and  the favorite cities lists🗒 where some posters have cities in common.And not to forget- Jimmy Buffet! 

I will add that today is our 39th wedding anniversary. As a friend texted us today- “Where did the time go? Wasn’t it just awhile ago that I was dancing at your wedding ?”. We celebrated with a late lunch at a favorite restaurant.No food pictures as I don’t think hubby would understand. But it was yummy. Shell steak for him,a half order of ribs for me and a shared upside down peach cake. 

Happy Anniversary to a lovely couple ! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Is anyone else having problems hitting the like, thanks, laugh buttons?  I get a pop-up that there is a problem

I get that occasionally.   I usually have to close down (app on phone or window on laptop) and then go back in. Curiously,  I always remain logged in. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Tahdah!

Gus is hoping for a bird.

1503C8AE-CFDC-49A2-B8B8-574062B37BB3.jpeg

Does Gus usually try to get the birds? Any success? Hopefully not, but I know that’s what cats do.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

1. Galapagos.

4. Hawaii

5. Iceland

What happened to #2 and #3?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

😉 😁  I wanted to emphasize that there is a huge gap, in my mind, of course, between Galapagos and all the others.... No way is Hawaii a "close second" to it 😉 😁

Now I understand. Makes sense. Galapagos is on our bucket list.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😉 😁  I wanted to emphasize that there is a huge gap, in my mind, of course, between Galapagos and all the others.... No way is Hawaii a "close second" to it 😉 😁

Thinking about cities that are my favorite I realize I for the most part do not like cities but rather areas that do not have big cities.

Alaska

The Big Island

Norway fjords

The Black Hills of South Dakota

The Great Smokey Mountains

For cities I have enjoyed for a few days:

New Orleans 

Copenhagen

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Now I understand. Makes sense. Galapagos is on our bucket list.

So glad someone understands my English and there is no "language barrier" 😉

Renee, I highly recommend going with Celebrity.

A top notch experience, very smooth from beginning to end. I've done it 10 years ago, and choose specifically the Xpedition because

1) was the biggest vessels plying the Islands and I was worried about sea sickness

2) between 96 passengers is easier to "blend in" should some groups travelling together will somehow "overtake" lots of activities.....

I'll be more than happy to help in any way I could 😘 Being such "once in a life" trip, I've thoroughly researched every minute aspect.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY🍾💐

• Thanks 1