Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Greg, you on the road yet?

Not yet. We will leave early Friday morning at 5am maybe earlier if I can get Linda to agree. Just finishing up chores getting house clean for dog sitter and waiting on my new iPhone 14 Max Pro to get delivered today. 

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 7

@sgmn & @John&LaLa

Cinque Terre from La Spezia

Sue, Symphony is in port from 08.30 to 20.30.

Plenty of time with clever planning to see all 5 "terras", either via boat/ferry or by train.

We've done it by land tour with a rented car, so no personal experience.

John, excellent advices on Italy's ports. Portofino and Sante Margherita Ligure also are not to be missed, especially by "Hlitner" (Hank) and "cruisemom42". 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn & @John&LaLa

Cinque Terre from La Spezia

Sue, Symphony is in port from 08.30 to 20.30.

Plenty of time with clever planning to see all 5 "terras", either via boat/ferry or by train.

We've done it by land tour with a rented car, so no personal experience.

John, excellent advices on Italy's ports. Portofino and Sante Margherita Ligure also are not to be missed, especially by "Hlitner" (Hank) and "cruisemom42". 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

Thanks Dani, I was actually looking at symphony cruises earlier today. 

My son and DIL are going to a wedding in Sicily in May and we are going along to look after baby Theo. So I'm not sure if we can take two trips in a short space plus the Caribbean cruise in September.  May book closer to departure 

Basically I need to win the lottery 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Good taste in bags.  We have those same blue ones. 

Thanks.  I love how easy they are to handle at the airport.   We just got the smaller one.  When we were packing I was getting everything I needed in it.  Sharon packed a larger one and it weighted 50lbs.  She said, looks like we need the two large ones.  Last night I noticed all 3 were being used.  😆 Looks like we will be bringing back a few t-shirts 😆 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, 2nd booster at least a month ago

We just got our 3rd Booster and they said expect a sore arm for a day or 2 which is a good sign. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you received your second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and experienced a sore arm and perhaps some fever, well, good for you.

“That’s typically a good sign,” said Fred Campbell, MD, an internal medicine physician and associate professor of medicine at UT Health San Antonio. “In general, a good local reaction is consistent with the body’s defense against that particular vaccine, which means the development of antibodies.”

But, he quickly added, everyone is different. If you don’t have a sore arm, “that doesn’t mean the vaccine is not working, it’s just that if you do it’s likely you’re getting a good response.”

Mild symptoms can begin immediately after getting the shot or within a few minutes or hours and can last a day or so, “but almost never for more than 36 hours,” Dr. Campbell said.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Do you have a favorite yet?  Cody shot to the top of my list last night.  Are you watching Amazing Race  Favorite there?  I like the twins.  I thought the whiny one should have left.

Yes, Cody is presently my frontrunner. I'm not watching the Race. It is on too late for me. I get up early in the morning.

• Like 2

@BonTexasNY  Few More pictures of the area changing seasons.

These pictures are taken from the Road going up and over Draper Mountain, kind of a gloomy day here today, so the pictures don't show the colors very good. Not a lot of reds out yet either.

20221013_112227.jpg

20221013_112246.jpg

20221013_112300.jpg

The is Calfee Park where now the Pulaski River Turtles play baseball, 3 years ago just before we moved here it was  home of one of the New York Yankees Farm teams. I'm told even Derek Jeter once played on this field during a rehab stint. The field is one of the best minor league fields in the area. All the All- Stars games are played here.

20221013_112356.jpg

The Pulaski Yankees were a minor league baseball team based in Pulaski, Virginia, United States. They were an Advanced Rookie League team in the Appalachian League.[1] The team played its home games at Calfee Park. They were affiliated with several Major League Baseball teams, including the New York Yankees in their final season.

The Pulaski Yankees were awarded Minor League Baseball's top honor, the John H. Johnson President's Award, in 2019. The award recognizes the "complete baseball franchise—based on franchise stability, contributions to league stability, contributions to baseball in the community, and promotion of the baseball industry."[2]

The start of the 2020 season was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic before ultimately being cancelled on June 30.[3][4] In conjunction with a contraction of Minor League Baseball beginning with the 2021 season, the Appalachian League was reorganized as a collegiate summer baseball league, and the Yankees were replaced by a new franchise, the Pulaski River Turtles, in the revamped league designed for rising college freshmen and sophomores.[5]

20221013_112414.jpg

This is the Lookout on Draper Mountain where you can pull over and look out from each sides of the mountain. 

We go up to the top of the Look Out sometimes and take  a  bagged lunch. It's awesome how far you can see on a clear day.

20221013_115941.jpg

20221013_120056.jpg

20221013_120207.jpg

20221013_120215.jpg

20221013_120222.jpg

20221013_120227.jpg

20221013_120236.jpg

20221013_120353.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Every one here is praying for her recovery !!!

Elite Israeli Air Force unit rescues American who had heart attack on Odyssey between Ashdod (Israel) and Limassol (Cyprus), according to the Times of Israel -- 

"....

Elite Israeli Air Force unit rescues American who had heart attack on cruise ship

Evacuation made following requests by American officials; woman brought to Haifa hospital.

The Israeli Air Force’s elite helicopter-borne search and rescue unit evacuated an elderly American citizen from a cruise in the Mediterranean early Thursday morning, after she apparently had a heart attack.

The Unit 669 crew brought the woman to Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center, where she was being treated.

The evacuation was made following a request made by American officials, according to a military source.

There was no immediate comment from Rambam on the woman’s condition.

Unit 669, which specializes in complex combat rescue operations, including outside of Israel’s borders, is routinely dispatched to rescue civilians in incidents where civil emergency services are unable to.

..."

Sending prayers for her.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

If I can make it onto the Mariner, I'll do a live next week. First time to Bermuda so that should make it interesting. 

Currently stressed about testing. Our OnPoint test got cancelled, so I signed up for CVS, and last time I tried to use them they cancelled.

Never worried about it when we were doing Walgreens rapid tests

We used Rapid Testing and Tracing. 
it wound up great after I screwed up because I didn’t know what I was doing. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@BonTexasNY  Few More pictures of the area changing seasons.

20221013_112227.jpg

20221013_112246.jpg

20221013_112300.jpg

20221013_112356.jpg

20221013_112414.jpg

20221013_115941.jpg

20221013_120056.jpg

20221013_120207.jpg

20221013_120215.jpg

20221013_120222.jpg

20221013_120227.jpg

20221013_120236.jpg

20221013_120353.jpg

Beautiful area.    Here in SE PA we are just starting to change colors this week.   I noticed fallen leaves in my yard yesterday.     Today is 67f with a light drizzle and possible thunderstorms this afternoon.   Cold front moving in on Monday and will have highs of 50f.    

We were originally planning on going to our shore house this weekend but we decided we have too many fall projects we want to work on at our home before the weather turns too cold.    But I want to be at the shore with some what warm weather, hopefully next weekend.

Hopefully we will not have any issues as one of the girls I work with rather closely on a daily basis called out sick today with Covid.    Seems like everyone is coughing this week but so far we all test negative.   

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

These pictures are taken from the Road going up and over Draper Mountain, kind of a gloomy day here today, so the pictures don't show the colors very good. Not a lot of reds out yet either.

Kind of gloomy here today too. Our leaf colors are supposed to peak this weekend, but heavy rain and wind brought a bunch down last night. 

If the sun was out, the color would pop more. 

7725D375-3FBD-4CDA-9995-9D00C34102D1.thumb.jpeg.fa8880cc720a9e37ebf36b8964964959.jpeg

• Like 16

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Think our port was Livorno and there was a royal excursion by train to Florence, they guided us to the centre of Florence and then we had free time until the return. 

We were in port for 12 hours so we probably got five or six hours in Florence 

We had a great private tour with a 6 others from roll call, first was a brief visit to Pisa , then Florence some of us had the skip the line to see David, nice lunch there wife bought a beautiful leather jacket, then on the way back we stoped for a wine tasting, I learned there that to be a Chianti Classico it had to be made on area around Florence, I have always ordered Chianti Classico since. driver was great extremely entertaining, cost was only a hundred each, in a new Mercedes van. This was 6 years ago on Brilliance.

just returned from my mothers funeral, she is buried next to my dad in a military cemetery, he served in WW 2. Was extremely lucky my dad lived to 93 mom passed at 96. 

• Like 14

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I remember that. This was the song they would play at the beginning of the broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceAu4rPH9no

Not to many people realize that there are lyrics to the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--1E6xl6VM 

I could not open either .I assume the stadium will be filled to capacity tonight.

The very first baseball game I ever went to was in Yankee Stadium in 1962.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

It won't allow me to load the screen shot

down 2.89  up 1.92  ping 82

So it seems, as expected, the new connection will inherit the previous limits - with a ping that low, the perceived performance should be a bit better.

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Do you have a favorite yet?  Cody shot to the top of my list last night.  Are you watching Amazing Race  Favorite there?  I like the twins.  I thought the whiny one should have left.

Cody shot to the top of my list too.On Amazing Race I am rooting for the Brothers and the twins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Why would they bother to upgrade for no improvement? Is Royal limiting the speed on purpose?

I've heard that even on ships that have it installed and up and running that Royal is throttling back data on the users. Not sure why or when they will open up the flow (so to speak) but I wish they would increase the speeds. Starlink site says users can expect 50-200 mbps.

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So it seems, as expected, the new connection will inherit the previous limits - with a ping that low, the perceived performance should be a bit better.

I'm not surprised.  This might be a work in process. 

• Like 1