Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As a young child we would spend time with our grandparents.  Granddad would bring home a large bag of White Castle hamburgers. I like them so much I had to have some every time we visited Columbus.  

The last time in Ohio I wanted the memories so we stop by one.  I guess our taste change.  I am officially done with them. 

Only times I ever went there was in early morning after closing a bar or two would get a half dozen or so , really cheap in late 60’s early 70’s.

• Like 2

Questions for people who have been on recent cruises:

How is the Indian food.  I love a good curry and the sample menus I saw had Indian food nightly.

How many towels do you get with once a day service?  I shower in the morning, but I also will shower before dinner if we have been active during the day.  I have found that the towels don't dry between uses that way.  Can you ask for extras if they don't give extras?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Whew! I finally caught up! Again!

And tomorrow we leave to spend a night before sailing on Wonder Sunday. 
In the last few weeks I’ve had two granddaughters get engaged, one at Rockefeller Plaza, the other in the gardens at Versailles. 
Had our AC replaced, had doctor and dentist appointments, and hosted 11 ladies for evening Bunco with appys and wine, and 11 ladies two Mondays in a row for breakfast Bunco. (Different groups of ladies). 
Finale is tonight, 18 for Mexican Train. 
We’re not paying for internet or a Junior Suite on this cruise. Dick says it’s just an interim cruise. Okay, as long as I have a balcony!

I am ready to do absolutely nothing but relax and hope the new menu doesn’t take away my cruising appetite. 

Congratulations on the engagements.     

Best wishes for a smooth sailing with perfect weather and a paper compass every evening🥰

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

How is the Indian food.  I love a good curry and the sample menus I saw had Indian food nightly.

How many towels do you get with once a day service?  I shower in the morning, but I also will shower before dinner if we have been active during the day.  I have found that the towels don't dry between uses that way.  Can you ask for extras if they don't give extras?

Any indian dish I have onboard has always been good.    I really enjoy Egg Burghi (I think is the name), usually served in the WJ at breakfast time. 

For a cabin with 2 adults they typically provide 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 wash clothes and 1 bath mat(towel).      Now they are switching to once a day service I am sure everyone will be asking for additional towels.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Yesterday’s event/activity was an excursion on a catamaran that the couple rented out.  It was opened to any guests that wanted to sign up for it.  About 52 people came.  It was a great party and we closed out with a beautiful sunset.

We boarded the Fat Cat catamaran 

590E7D1B-6E4A-40AD-A7EF-F4B589D631E7.thumb.jpeg.98f4d734f6c06ef9c9498691600a1389.jpeg

The crew were friendly, helpful and funny.  They served snacks, food, had an open bar and drinks.  They  even performed a Mexican wedding ceremony.  It was so funny.

C41E956A-BAE6-4BA4-82EC-12347DC0F3DE.thumb.jpeg.95f97ba3cde54e1d746cc644e901b76f.jpeg

We saw whales

CCB1676F-916F-4168-A360-C5E0636BBF9F.thumb.jpeg.1654ee155aafdd35e56923f6c4fba4cc.jpeg

The boat docked near a beach for people to dive into the water to swim, paddle board or go out on the beach

40DBBAB2-A8FA-4474-AA66-CBEF2385D320.thumb.jpeg.ad1aca2173c47b0d9d206eddb43e8a2d.jpeg

Crew feeding a sea gull some tortilla

8D50170D-9D46-4E96-AFD2-4C908DF15962.thumb.jpeg.e2a7c9264e2e2c19f7b42bd881734a6b.jpeg

Wave hola!

49088F3F-857A-4720-B1E7-C6C05FDC77CD.thumb.jpeg.4336bda359f0ae31f8b086de80fa4747.jpeg

644C03C3-8F5F-454F-98BF-41215D79C251.thumb.jpeg.2efe07fbee96e17256614f2e535e018a.jpeg

Sunset

1C606B90-0BD6-42F5-96F9-9071FCC00319.thumb.jpeg.d978b0b434d7dcd687d21e7776f88a41.jpeg

Back at the dock

2DC4D4F1-8EBC-4D11-9C7D-252F77BE0A24.thumb.jpeg.44ec6427032e8831da7b5d50b33a6e95.jpeg

Your pictures are beautiful.  Enjoy every minute!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am also a twice a day showerer when I'm someplace hot. I can't imagine that they would not provide extra towels if asked for. I need fresh towels for each shower and if by some chance a steward said no I'd be making a lot of noise. However, I don't foresee that happening.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

.  Granddad would bring home a large bag of White Castle hamburgers. I like them so much I had to have some every time we visited Columbus.  

The last time in Ohio I wanted the memories so we stop by one.  I guess our taste change.  I am officially done with them. 

I was done with them after my first time. Of course, I was around 20 & had feasted on Burger Kind & McDonalds all my life so.....

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I much preferred A&W burgers and fries.  We would drive up at A&W, and food was brought to our car, with a tray that hooked onto the driver's window.  Of course, their root beer float was to die for!😉

Now you're talking!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am also a twice a day showerer when I'm someplace hot. I can't imagine that they would not provide extra towels if asked for. I need fresh towels for each shower and if by some chance a steward said no I'd be making a lot of noise. However, I don't foresee that happening.

We have always showered twice a day on all cruises once in morning then after pool and before dinner. Luckily we do suites which still has twice cleaning . Always annoyed with hotels that you need to request daily service.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I have never had White Castle.  Even after a night of drinking, I never had the desire to try their food...I much preferred A&W burgers and fries.  We would drive up at A&W, and food was brought to our car, with a tray that hooked onto the driver's window.  Of course, their root beer float was to die for!😉

The first time I had an A&W root beer was 1974 in Lake George.That was the only thing I ever bought in an A&W.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son is sailing out of Galveston for Easter.  He was telling me everyone on the roll call was excited to go to “Bushees” so, because of all you knowledgeable people I told him it was Bucees, is that the right spelling???

Close. It's Buc-ee's.  Make sure he watched this video first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbV4XWpfMyE 

It's a bit long at 6 minutes but still shorter than other video I found: "Things You Should Know Before You Visit Buc-ee's". That's a Texas-sized 12 minutes! 😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6mtJ1RjrLo 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@jagsfan Congratulations and wishing you a great cruise.

Mimi, from me too!

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Nedick’s for hot dogs. At least in Manhattan. 

34th St., next to Macy's. Counter service.  Their hot dog rolls were New England split top like how lobster rolls are served.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Never had Indian food but every menu had at least one offering in the MDR.

We always request extra towels with no problem.  It will be very upsetting if they limit the amount of towels given out.  I can't imagine the cruise line forcing us to use one towel for multiple showers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Any indian dish I have onboard has always been good.    I really enjoy Egg Burghi (I think is the name), usually served in the WJ at breakfast time. 

I love Eggs Bhurji! I even asked in the main dining room if I could get it in the mornings and they accommodated me every morning.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

No. The hills around us did, and the Twain Harte house did, we just had rain. It looks snowy in Napa though. ☺️

They got 3 ft yesterday up at my local ski hill.  I wanted to drive up and ski today but CHP was holding traffic on 168 just past Shaver Lake... Last I heard they they were still closed.  They are expecting another dump overnight.  For big powder skiers, if they can get the road open, tomorrow could be epic.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Whew! I finally caught up! Again!

And tomorrow we leave to spend a night before sailing on Wonder Sunday. 
In the last few weeks I’ve had two granddaughters get engaged, one at Rockefeller Plaza, the other in the gardens at Versailles. 
Had our AC replaced, had doctor and dentist appointments, and hosted 11 ladies for evening Bunco with appys and wine, and 11 ladies two Mondays in a row for breakfast Bunco. (Different groups of ladies). 
Finale is tonight, 18 for Mexican Train. 
We’re not paying for internet or a Junior Suite on this cruise. Dick says it’s just an interim cruise. Okay, as long as I have a balcony!

I am ready to do absolutely nothing but relax and hope the new menu doesn’t take away my cruising appetite. 

Congratulations the engagements Mimi. I hope you have a great cruise!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Agree OB, fresh towel for every shower and we’ll be asking for extras every day.  Like you, I can’t imagine this being an issue.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Any indian dish I have onboard has always been good. 

I've mentioned more than once on here that my wife is kinda an Indian food snob (started with years in London in her early 20's) and she pretty much always like the Indian food onboard...to the point that she'll actually make me schedule any specialty dining we do around Indian food night in the WJ.

• Like 4

Long day today, starting with snow in the mountains.  Loved seeing the Redwoods in Muir Woods. Amazing. Spent time photographing the Golden Gate Bridge from several places. It’s like the Eiffel Tower in that you can see it from everywhere and it always takes a good picture. I’ll post about the rest of the day another time, but we finished with another excellent meal…this time Chinese at Fang. I’ll leave you with these for now. 

858EAF2E-8ECF-46E2-9C59-E3501B4AE0DF.thumb.jpeg.9e09d9665ba50193a51f634075255c25.jpeg

0EFB3C6A-7075-4E8A-8F62-EC01BE48160E.thumb.jpeg.37bd15f02fc69b44da63b06d7f532468.jpeg

EFD0A74E-5F78-49E5-8E0E-A45E1ED69307.thumb.jpeg.9500106e8ba12bdf7fd1726f8a3f1f75.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Long day today, starting with snow in the mountains.  Loved seeing the Redwoods in Muir Woods. Amazing. Spent time photographing the Golden Gate Bridge from several places. It’s like the Eiffel Tower in that you can see it from everywhere and it always takes a good picture. I’ll post about the rest of the day another time, but we finished with another excellent meal…this time Chinese at Fang. I’ll leave you with these for now. 

858EAF2E-8ECF-46E2-9C59-E3501B4AE0DF.thumb.jpeg.9e09d9665ba50193a51f634075255c25.jpeg

0EFB3C6A-7075-4E8A-8F62-EC01BE48160E.thumb.jpeg.37bd15f02fc69b44da63b06d7f532468.jpeg

EFD0A74E-5F78-49E5-8E0E-A45E1ED69307.thumb.jpeg.9500106e8ba12bdf7fd1726f8a3f1f75.jpeg

The pics look great.!   Nice angles. 

• Like 3

Quick question for anyone who knows. I don't want to start a whole thread just for one question.  When staying in a suite do you need book a reservations for Coastal Kitchen for lunch or is it just a first come, first served basis.

This our first time in a suite where the ship has a CK

Just got my letter from Oasis Concierge and want to get my dining preferences for the UDP/CK in as early as possible.

Edited by Rusty_lock

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Those are beautiful photos, Bob! ☺️

8 hours ago, Keksie said:

My wife has loved the Indian on our recent cruises on Navigator.

• Thanks 1