Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Andy just informed me he needs to set up a Cruise Critic account before the Bella cruise on Sunday 😬!

I just set Jim up with an online C&A account so he can log on to the app onboard as himself.  He used my log on last year.  No way he would get a cruise critic one, at least I don't think so 😉.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is a suiting post for me today. 

I got a call this morning from my Aunt in western Canada. My cousin who was diagnosed with cancer in December of 2019 passed away this morning. They game him weeks to live and he lived a full life for until early this year. He passed at home with palliative care leaving behind 2 teenaged boys and his wife.  

Such sad news! At least palliative care gave him time to be with his family and have them see him in comfortable surroundings and not in terrible pain. 
My condolences to your Aunt and his whole family, including yours. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

I just set Jim up with an online C&A account so he can log on to the app onboard as himself.  He used my log on last year.  No way he would get a cruise critic one, at least I don't think so 😉.

We will work on him. A couple of Kraken Colada’s and we will get him convinced. 😉

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Greg, saw this today.  Kinda keeps with the car theme discussion and your home town. 

1005A07D-B4EF-490F-95EF-2D55ECD6649B.thumb.jpeg.3597c6f4fe4c0e286b8f70013fa94720.jpeg

I actually saw that too. I’ve been in the caves they are pretty cool. Subtropolis is fairly close to the Ford Claycomo Plant where they manufacture and then send them to the caves where they are protected from weather.

• Like 7

So when you switch your cruise flight from Saturday to Friday to miss a snow event for you flight, and this below on your iPad Wednesday.

We are now picking up Owen at school when it gets out a 2:15pm and flying from Detroit at 8:45 tonight. We land in FLL at 11:45 and then off to our hotel in Hollywood.

First time we have changed a flight 2 times for a cruise, let alone once. 

B6A056EA-1A75-4ACE-A882-62FADFA9B7C7.thumb.jpeg.f47e3c13915772651aa756ef12b378d7.jpeg

• Like 12

Now Owen’s bus just drove past our house, 11 minutes before it is scheduled to be here. Now Lisa has to drive him to the group community stop a few minutes from here.  Sssh.

Edit, don’t they know we have a cruise to prepare for. LOL

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I got a call this morning from my Aunt in western Canada. My cousin who was diagnosed with cancer in December of 2019 passed away this morning. They game him weeks to live and he lived a full life for until early this year. He passed at home with palliative care leaving behind 2 teenaged boys and his wife.  

Very sorry for your loss. Hugs to the family.

• Like 2

So when you switch your cruise flight from Saturday to Friday to miss a snow event for you flight, and this below on your iPad Wednesday.

We are now picking up Owen at school when it gets out a 2:15pm and flying from Detroit at 8:45 tonight. We land in FLL at 11:45 and then off to our hotel in Hollywood.

B6A056EA-1A75-4ACE-A882-62FADFA9B7C7.thumb.jpeg.f47e3c13915772651aa756ef12b378d7.jpeg

Was wondering if you were still going on the cruise or not or staying home for the funeral, didn't quite know how to ask but I guess you just answered my question.

Sorry for your loss

Safe Travels.

• Like 2

Safe travels, mother nature is sure giving you guts the runaround.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We will work on him. A couple of Kraken Colada’s and we will get him convinced. 😉

Good luck that, I know exactly where my kids got their stubbornness from. He is a tech guy, worked in IT his whole career, but has no desire for anything social media, no FB. He reluctantly had linked in when working but bare bones.  On the other hand he is the one of the first to start a conversation with someone at the bar and yes he did have Krakken Colada or 2 last cruise.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Andrew I was wondering if you might change your plans again!  I kept ours for Saturday and now it looks like the snow will be done down by the airport tomorrow between 2 and 3pm, a bit later north of that where we live.  Just need to get to the airport hotel sometime Friday night.  They are not hyping this storm up as much as last weeks, so hoping that is good.  Glad you were able to switch and leave tonight though!  If it were up to me I would have done the same, but DH can't just leave work like that.  See you on board and safe travels!

• Like 2

So our light dusting of snow (first of winter) has melted/washed away. Stayed less than 24 hours. 

Here are some pictures in the woods taken yesterday 

The first pic is a 'where's Molly' pic, she's pretty hard to spot, you'll have to zoom in

IMG-20230309-WA0000.thumb.jpg.9be8577dec90da423cded53497432dd0.jpg

IMG-20230309-WA0003.thumb.jpg.d3c031f1d60ce2a4de43450ba6536303.jpg

IMG-20230309-WA0004.thumb.jpg.bac79b7a7c9ac6b208455d99eef4ae3a.jpg

IMG-20230309-WA0002.thumb.jpg.e970d2d6d03d6df7382be91f87c434cf.jpg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Was wondering if you were still going on the cruise or not or staying home for the funeral, didn't quite know how to ask but I guess you just answered my question.

Sorry for your loss

Safe Travels.

I always used to tell my now deceased mother and brother and sister, that if they wanted me to attend their funeral they needed to make sure they didn’t die when I had vacation scheduled.  

JC<——— knows he is a horrible person.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

17 hours ago, A&amp;L_Ont said:

Sorry to hear about your cousin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Safe travels…

i think we are in the cabin that you are in his week

Tristan and Osman, your cabin attendants, are exceptional. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1