Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

You know your old when on a Saturday night date you drive around and look for wind damage. 

But. 
Still on generator. Best investment. 

A596D1FB-1F71-44D9-8D67-613BFDD856AB.thumb.jpeg.d2b701b416fe4a3eb709df3cbb198298.jpeg

8ABE92CF-B7FC-407A-908B-33758126ED99.thumb.jpeg.627f3145e7d5141f343a545a5098193c.jpeg

FE9B4287-5773-4F2F-AA4C-BAE94B843767.thumb.jpeg.464ba2a6b9236bb048e4e718fca23c58.jpeg

3DD99998-8608-46DA-96DE-06F5E765B10E.thumb.jpeg.0e920fd6f7b235f44e30d3bbe8a4f114.jpeg

D79E922F-52EA-4395-A9AC-7DE8AC5654F0.thumb.jpeg.35449080db7d5b8bcac285faf6576608.jpeg

7AB73F7C-18A6-410F-A96A-707CA19F29BA.thumb.jpeg.b18ead31f256c276d9ccf6999944b834.jpeg

And maybe just maybe power to Vienna could shortly be restored. 

How many utilities trucks does it take to…..

2D6D07C7-78C1-4DDE-8B9D-A1D3537C53B7.thumb.jpeg.8584626c250c46e794769fe883fbfce5.jpeg

Always thankful to have a generator!

Happy that you didn't see any trees on houses.

Thankful our area of PA has had rain only.   Tomorrow should be sunny and low 60's.  

20 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

You know your old when on a Saturday night date you drive around and look for wind damage. 

But. 
Still on generator. Best investment.

And maybe just maybe power to Vienna could shortly be restored. 

How many utilities trucks does it take to…..

It’s pretty crazy over in the Pittsburgh area too.  My brothers and parents a bit north of me all lost power for several hours earlier.  

I was out at my sportmen’s club with my nephew target shooting this afternoon.  There is an electric gate to get in and out.  We went to leave and guess what… gate not working - power is out.  We were the only ones there.  OH Crap.  Ended up calling the club President and found a manual release to open the gate after it was apparent the power was not coming back on anytime soon.  Once we got out it was very clear - there were massive pine trees uprooted all over .  Huge metal carports upside down.  I live about 30 minutes west of there and no power lost so far but wind is

trying real hard to blown down my pear tree.

B740CB08-0CCB-4954-8A8C-1F8F83596F79.thumb.jpeg.7e8ce4543fd40d296153add2dfef3d34.jpeg

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 13

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Petey stayed onto of my suitcase for about 4 hrs.   Eva was sleeping at one end and Sparky at the other end for a bit.     They don't make it easy to leave them but I know they will be in good hands with my neighbor that cares for them while we are away.     This is the first time we are going on a trip since we adopted Petey from the shelter around Christmastime.    I hope he behaves he still has a lot of kitten behavoir in him since he is only  8 to 10 months old.

He is actually the one that selected which book I would bring to read.   

The other morning he knocked a bunch of unread books off a small cabinet I have in one of the bedrooms and he slid a book down the hallway on the hardwood floor.     Luckily enough it was the next one in the Stuart Wood Stone Barrington Series that I haven't yet read. 

We picked up a Chrysler Pacifica mini-van at Avis and will drop that off at the Avis in Bayonne after we drop off our luggage at the port.   Chris and Donna are riding with us so we needed a vehicle to fit luggage for 4 adults.   They asked if I wanted the Ford Edge or the minivan, I asked for the Maserati they had but said it was already booked😌

Chris and Donna to arrive at our house between 8 and 8:15 tomorrow morning then we are going to stop at a diner on way.   Weather forecast in the Bahamas looks perfect, hopefully weather and seas will be perfect the whole trip.    

We have internet onboard and I will check in here send some photos.    

Hope everyone has a great week and those recovering from Covid, hopefully you will All feel better soon.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Petey stayed onto of my suitcase for about 4 hrs.   Eva was sleeping at one end and Sparky at the other end for a bit.     They don't make it easy to leave them but I know they will be in good hands with my neighbor that cares for them while we are away.     This is the first time we are going on a trip since we adopted Petey from the shelter around Christmastime.    I hope he behaves he still has a lot of kitten behavoir in him since he is only  8 to 10 months old.

The other morning he knocked a bunch of unread books off a small cabinet I have in one of the bedrooms and he slid a book down the hallway on the hardwood floor.     Luckily enough it was the next one in the Stuart Wood Stone Barrington Series that I haven't yet read. 

We picked up a Chrysler Pacifica mini-van at Avis and will drop that off at the Avis in Bayonne after we drop off our luggage at the port.   Chris and Donna are riding with us so we needed a vehicle to fit luggage for 4 adults.   They asked if I wanted the Ford Edge or the minivan, I asked for the Maserati they had but said it was already booked😌

Chris and Donna to arrive at our house between 8 and 8:15 tomorrow morning then we are going to stop at a diner on way.   Weather forecast in the Bahamas looks perfect, hopefully weather and seas will be perfect the whole trip.    

Hope everyone has a great week and those recovering from Covid, hopefully you will All feel better soon.

Bon Voyage, safe travels.

For all those in storm areas stay safe.  It all died down before getting here but may have another round tomorrow.  Is it just me or is weather getting crazier each year.  I remember some storms but never this many all the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just got off the phone with Bill, my bio-father.

He's probably going to drive up to Michigan from Alabama in the next week or so with his brother to meet me.  

Sounds like a really sweet man... he said he didn't have any regrets in his life, other than not knowing about me.  Awwwwww......

Honestly, this is better than I could have possibly hoped for.  I went into this with no real expectations other than hopefully just finding some answers.  Being welcomed into the family with open arms is basically a fairy tale ending that very few people get to experience.  

Congratulations... I'm so happy for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just got off the phone with Bill, my bio-father.

He's probably going to drive up to Michigan from Alabama in the next week or so with his brother to meet me.  

Sounds like a really sweet man... he said he didn't have any regrets in his life, other than not knowing about me.  Awwwwww......

Honestly, this is better than I could have possibly hoped for.  I went into this with no real expectations other than hopefully just finding some answers.  Being welcomed into the family with open arms is basically a fairy tale ending that very few people get to experience.  

I'm so excited and very happy for you🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Smooth sails to the 4 of you.  Looking forward to those photos!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Had a couple of nice days in Ft Myer after cruise, we had no big plans for first day wife texted a new cousin and they were free so they drove down to Ft Myer and booked same hotels how a very nice evening drinking and dining with them , he has lots of new relatives with dna testing he was adopted into a very nice family and now catching up with brothers sisters and cousins he never knew . 
image.jpeg.8bfecffbb69a7ba7effa05cf3b5086bd.jpeg

Boy, can I ever relate to that.  My family tree when I was growing up was pretty straightforward -- my adoptive mother was one of two kids, and my adoptive father was one of two kids. 

My family tree now requires some pretty major brain-power to figure out.  My grandfather was one of eight kids, my grandmother was one of eleven kids.  My grandfather married three different women and had a handful of kids with each of them. My grandmother married two different men and had kids with each of them.  My birthfather and both of his brothers were each married to three different women, and had kids with each of them.  

The number of aunts, uncles, cousins, and half-siblings that I have now is absolutely mind-boggling to me!!!!

• Like 11

So tonight I made Linda a special chocolate martini. I put it in this cup as the pups are determined to drink it. She says this is the best chocolate martini ever. I present to you the Sea Dog Chocolate Martini

1.5oz Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur 

1.5 oz Crème de Cacao 

1.5 oz 360 Double Chocolate Vodka 

1.5 oz Baileys

1.5 oz Kahlua 

in a shaker with ice combine all and shake. In a large glass with ice and drizzled chocolate syrup pour and enjoy.

Cheers everyone!

C4098EA0-A766-4A89-9349-1301952249A3.thumb.jpeg.86c087e14381f3869107dab7b58f087d.jpeg

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So tonight I made Linda a special chocolate martini. I put it in this cup as the pups are determined to drink it. She says this is the best chocolate martini ever. I present to you the Sea Dog Chocolate Martini

1.5 oz Crème de Cacao 

1.5 oz Baileys

1.5 oz Kahlua 

in a shaker with ice combine all and shake. In a large glass with ice and drizzled chocolate syrup pour and enjoy.

Cheers everyone!

C4098EA0-A766-4A89-9349-1301952249A3.thumb.jpeg.86c087e14381f3869107dab7b58f087d.jpeg

OMG….Lucky Linda!  I want one!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

It’s pretty crazy over in the Pittsburgh area too.  My brothers and parents a bit north of me all lost power for several hours earlier.  

I was out at my sportmen’s club with my nephew target shooting this afternoon.  There is an electric gate to get in and out.  We went to leave and guess what… gate not working - power is out.  We were the only ones there.  OH Crap.  Ended up calling the club President and found a manual release to open the gate after it was apparent the power was not coming back on anytime soon.  Once we got out it was very clear - there were massive pine trees uprooted all over .  Huge metal carports upside down.  I live about 30 minutes west of there and no power lost so far but wind is

B740CB08-0CCB-4954-8A8C-1F8F83596F79.thumb.jpeg.7e8ce4543fd40d296153add2dfef3d34.jpeg

That looks nasty.  Hope the occupants of that car are ok.  Would be dangerous trying to exit the car if the wires were live.

Hope everyone in the affected areas stays safe & damage free.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

0h my! I hope the people are ok in the car. Those wires look like a mess.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

0h my! I hope the people are ok in the car. Those wires look like a mess.

Definitely a mess!  I know a guy who works for the power company - unfortunately fixing that mess was his responsibility.  Long day for him and many others in that line of work.

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, sgmn said:

In May my son and family are going to a wedding in Sicily (DILs side of family). Its a 'no children' wedding so we are going along to look after their six month old. 

Son just sent me details of where we are staying in Taormina. 

https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/taormina-helas-apartment-by-taormina-holidays.en-gb.html

The sacrifices we make....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

1.5 oz Crème de Cacao 

1.5 oz Baileys

1.5 oz Kahlua 

Cheers everyone

Thanks for posting that, it sounds so yummy.  Now I need to add a couple of items to my shopping list.

• Like 1