Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This looks awesome.   How does feel if you go barefoot?   

Feels amazing just like walking on real soft grass.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That looks good Greg.   Did they give you any idea what the lifespan of it is?

She said 20 years at least. Some folks have had it longer with no problems.

• Like 9

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I finished watching The Diplomat yesterday.The last two episodes in my opinion were the best of the series.

I recommend it.

I'm really enjoying it too, we've watched four episodes so far 

• Like 1

Public holiday today and a lovely day weather wise in Sydney for the Dawn Services and other remembrance services held for ANZAC Day.

My FIL served and this photo was taken in Martin Place in Sydney CBD, before he boarded a troop ship departing Sydney.799C62FA-229B-4A9E-821B-4D7FA65EC201.thumb.jpeg.b11f6d5f6a47cecbc2518f3e63de7364.jpeg

My BIL took a present day photo recently in the same location.61EA6E8F-8B0A-4E07-A51C-0668D7E46BC4.thumb.jpeg.a6bf25962a18d6745c75d701e91682bb.jpeg

Lest we Forget.

As Sue mentioned, it’s autumn here.  A little bit of colour on a walk this afternoon.F2C057C9-4268-497A-B707-937019626EA1.thumb.jpeg.c8946c9ef46dbd1fbcc4ee141c7c5aad.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 24

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

OHHH  I wish Carol King's Beautiful would be performed on Wonder of the Seas for our Bella 02 cruise.  There's enough time for getting it all together.

@Luckynana Maryann, somewhere in storage is my Tapestry album.

I always played her album when I drove to Massachusetts by myself to babysit our first granddaughter (who will be graduating from College in a few weeks). I would blast it!!!!

9 hours ago, George C said:

My wife said that was the first album she ever bought, so somewhere in our house is two copies of tapestry . My sister saw her show in Vegas at least once.

Our table was practically touching the small stage.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Precious🥰

Finnley looks so snuggly.  I need one of those Magic Sleepsuits😄

Debbie, when I first read "I need one of those", my mind at first thought you were talking about needing a baby grandchild.

John sure has beautiful grandchildren that thankfully he shares his pictures with us @Ozark_Kid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Feels amazing just like walking on real soft grass.

She said 20 years at least. Some folks have had it longer with no problems.

It looks great, Greg.  Enjoy!!!

I spent yesterday morning seeding the front side of the house.  I'll be doing the rest of the lawn in a few days.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Is the water cold.  I am guessing a lot cooler than caribbean water. 

We have gone snorkeling and diving in Hawaii in March / April and the temps were near 80 each time.  It has been 20 years, but I don’t remember it being particularly unpleasant.  

• Thanks 2

Still cloudy, cold, rainy, snowing here today.  I'm over it.   Hard to believe we were about 80 degrees two weeks ago.   I guess it's a good day to stay inside and do laundry.  

Hope everyone is having much better weather than we are today. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We saw Carole King at "The Bitter End" in the Village so many years ago..she had just recorded "Tapestry".  She was the warm-up for a Folk Group..I think it was the "New Christy Minstrels" (sp?).  I sure wish I had memory recall like so many of you on here.😔

I remember when she was lead singer with the Co-Sines in the late 50’s.

I believe her father was in the FDNY .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@dani negreanu Oh Dani , where are you ?  I hope , everything is working out well for you . 

@Sea Dog  Your yard looks beautiful.  There are many homes in our community with artificial grass and they are all happy with the low maintenance and appearance of their lawns . 

We have a  little over acre lot, anyone know what the cost would be to artificial turf it? 😉

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Still cloudy, cold, rainy, snowing here today.  I'm over it.   Hard to believe we were about 80 degrees two weeks ago.   I guess it's a good day to stay inside and do laundry.  

Hope everyone is having much better weather than we are today. 

100% agree Val!!!  I can't get my hands to warm up for days and of course I was out of state the week we had summer 🤦‍♀️  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Harry Belafonte passed away today at age 96.I saw him in concert in the early 60’s .

R.I.P.

😌
Heard his name but never knew who he was or anything about him, till I went to Bonaire years ago and keep returning.
As an equally ardent lover of Bonaire ..........Belafonte's O Island in the Sun was written for Bonaire. Belnam, a residential district there is named after him. He once owned Klien Bonaire. The Belafonte is named after him as well. All in Bonaire.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

😌
Heard his name but never knew who he was or anything about him, till I went to Bonaire years ago and keep returning.
As an equally ardent lover of Bonaire ..........Belafonte's O Island in the Sun was written for Bonaire. Belnam, a residential district there is named after him. He once owned Klien Bonaire. The Belafonte is named after him as well. All in Bonaire.

In the early 60’s I was dating a woman who was born in Jamaica.She introduced me to the music of Belafonte .I was in Bonaire only once in 2019.It is a beautiful island.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Debbie, when I first read "I need one of those", my mind at first thought you were talking about needing a baby grandchild.

😆 when I started reading your reply I thought that you where going to say Debbie needs a baby 👶.   😆 Not a grandchild. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just noticed a hole is forming in the blue jeans I am wearing.   I thought,  might be time to throw them out. 🤔 Then I thought,  now that a hole is forming I might be able to get a couple hundred bucks for them! 😆 

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just noticed a hole is forming in the blue jeans I am wearing.   I thought,  might be time to throw them out. 🤔 Then I thought,  now that a hole is forming I might be able to get a couple hundred bucks for them! 😆 

Take a razor blade and run it over the pant legs to create more knee and thigh display windows !🤣 Will drive the price up even more.

• Haha 7