Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

What a lovely breakfast in such a wonderful morning! This is a monumental day for the UK and anglophiles all over the world. 
I wish King Charles a peaceful reign and one that shows his ability to rule wisely. 

Thank you Mimi.

I hope you are well.

Graham.

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Then you add in the association fees, the tournament fees, the cost for ice for practices and games, the cost for refs for games, and all the traveling (my kid played for a team a couple counties away, so even practices involved travel).  

But it was worth every minute... the other hockey families become your family, and memories are priceless.

Add to that cash calendars, bond hours, volunteer work, etc…. Arriving a hour early for every game just because that’s what the kids do.  0ur season ended a month ago and we have already paid for next season. 

Like you said, it’s worth every minute. 

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have been watching the coronation for 3 hours.

Charles and Camilla have just arrived at Westminster abbey.

Pauline, Sarah and I had a nice breakfast.

IMG_20230506_101657.jpg

Looks like a wonderful breakfast with wonderful company. A great way to spend a Coronation Saturday. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Looks like a wonderful breakfast with wonderful company. A great way to spend a Coronation Saturday. 

Thank you Andrew.

Congratulations to Owen yesterday on his 16th birthday and passing his driving test.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

But it paid off.  He's had his license for 7 years now, no tickets or accidents (knock wood).  

I don’t miss that learning to drive experience at all.  With both my kids learning about a year apart, we were getting the frequent crusher’s discount at the body shop.  No matter which vehicle they were driving, things like stop signs and garage doors kept jumping out and taking mirrors off.  Front end meets tree, although that was probably my fault for letting my son take the Camaro out in the snow.  

No matter what they did, my first question was always “Are you okay? Was anyone hurt?”   After all, that is most important.  Things can be fixed.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't usually watch much television. But tomorrow is a big TV day! I have set up the DVR to record the coronation. This is a really historic event and nothing we have seen in our lifetime. I guess I am a Royal watcher.  I am excited to watch it, and I can skip through the boring bits. ☺️ It starts at 2 AM here. 

I had set my DVR as well. 11 hours of recording to watch! Started 1 am ET (6 am London time) and continues to noon today.  Been watching the 'pre-show" coverage on and off this morning. After a chilly start this morning, weather is really beginning to warm up. A perfect NY spring day. Sunny, blue skies, no wind or humidity, temps hitting 70. After  dreary, cool damp week, is going to be tough to stay indoors today.  I'll probably watch the rest in bits and pieces over the weekend. Maybe later  tonight with a Kraken

• Like 4

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I don’t miss that learning to drive experience at all.  With both my kids learning about a year apart, we were getting the frequent crusher’s discount at the body shop.  No matter which vehicle they were driving, things like stop signs and garage doors kept jumping out and taking mirrors off.  Front end meets tree, although that was probably my fault for letting my son take the Camaro out in the snow.  

No matter what they did, my first question was always “Are you okay? Was anyone hurt?”   After all, that is most important.  Things can be fixed.

Whenever my step daughter would be hysterical after being involved in a fender-bender, I'd always assure her that steel can be replaced, she can not. 

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I had set my DVR as well. 11 hours of recording to watch! Started 1 am ET (6 am London time) and continues to noon today.  Been watching the 'pre-show" coverage on and off this morning. After a chilly start this morning, weather is really beginning to warm up. A perfect NY spring day. Sunny, blue skies, no wind or humidity, temps hitting 70. After  dreary, cool damp week, is going to be tough to stay indoors today.  I'll probably watch the rest in bits and pieces over the weekend. Maybe later  tonight with a Kraken

Heading your way next weekend for my niece's wedding.  Supposed to be nice for the wedding Saturday then turn cold Sunday (cold for me anyway)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We enjoyed our meal and Pauline, Sarah and I are chatting.

Screenshot_20230505_205523.jpg

IMG_20230505_190311.jpg

Lovely menu! I love Chicken vol au vons. I make them with Pepperidge Farm vol au von shells available here in the freezer section at grocery stores.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20230506_101657.jpg

Lovely!

Got room for two more?😁

• Thanks 1

We were at our grandson’s baseball game last night.  Another win for them, 4-2.

I am waiting for my grass to dry a little more, before I cut it.  Will probably cut my neighbor’s while I am on the tractor.

While we wait, we plan to see Guardians of the Galaxy 3 today.  I hope the music is as good as the first two movies.  We watched 1 and 2 again this week to get ready for this one. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20230506_101657.jpg

Lol sorry such nice dishes and all ... and then what looks like pork n beans all over the plates. Just not my idea of breakfast. Takes it down a notch from the fancy setting.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20230506_101657.jpg

Oh yum.  That table is set out for a King.

I have just climbed a 498 step tower in Bologna (and hate heights, but DD always says ‘face your fears’).  I wonder if Charles said that to himself this morning.  It is a big deal after all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Lol sorry such nice dishes and all ... and then what looks like pork n beans all over the plates. Just not my idea of breakfast. Takes it down a notch from the fancy setting.

Our nice meal was last night.

We had breakfast at the table with our Sarah who stayed overnight to watch the kings coronation with us today.

I'm surprised and upset at your comment.

IMG_20230505_145518.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We had breakfast at the table while watching the coronation this morning.

I'm surprised and upset at your comment.

IMG_20230505_145518.jpg

Upset. I said very nice dishes but I dont think pork n beans suit such a lovely setting .. sorry . I should just say lovely setting. And not mention the food. Didnt mean to upset you  I take it back, too late to delete my comment. .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

My cat joebob is 17 pounds he used to be 22 pounds, he was more than double his sister.

My Minnie (female) weighed 16 pounds last year.  She weighs more now but I won’t know how much until her annual vet visit…somehow the scales did not make the packing cut when we moved…

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We had breakfast at the table with our Sarah who stayed overnight to watch the kings coronation with us today.

I think what you did was wonderful. While I did not get up 3:30am to watch everything. I did watch live to see the exit from the church and the procession to the palace. It was quite moving. Congratulations to the new King and Queen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Upset. I said very nice dishes but I dont think pork n beans suit such a lovely setting .. sorry . I should just say lovely setting. And not mention the food. Didnt mean to upset you  I take it back, too late to delete my comment. .

Thank you.

Pauline quickly put something together while we were watching our king's coronation and we all loved the sausages,fried eggs,bacon and beans.

• Like 16

My granddaughter came home from college yesterday afternoon.She stopped off to see Toby and I on her way home from the airport.

In about two hours she is coming back with her friend from college who is on the Basketball team.Later today her friend is flying home to Israel .

• Like 5