Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Looks like we have some nice weather for the next week. No rain in our forecast.  

IMG_7418.thumb.jpeg.ada07ce0642cbadd39e420fd0ba81b41.jpeg

Yesterday, I think there was something wrong with the weather app.  It certainly wasn’t this warm.  Closer to 85°

IMG_7410.thumb.jpeg.f7507c83ec7fd5146671b1f611fbcbf2.jpeg

Today, we will be picking ups couple new plants. 

I have to remind Alexa every morning that we're not in Naples anymore!!  She keeps giving me the high temps in Florida.  She can be so silly sometimes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The old TZ bridge was super congested even when it wasn't rush hour. 😞 This is a huge improvement.

They are sanded the floor for the 3  time now, each time using a finer grit sand paper.

Looks like staining will begin tomorrow.

Here is a couple pictures of a couple Lillies  near our front walkway leading to the front porch.

One was taken about 6 days ago and one just a few minutes ago. Finally the sun is coming out and the rain has stopped.

There are still a lot more buds yet to bloom 🙂

20230526_074101.thumb.jpg.6768937efe7c0db1ced1335234685d08.jpg

20230530_113502.thumb.jpg.6831ee86bf14ee411c9298e39f5b67fc.jpg

I seriously don't recall traffic on non rush hours on the TZ bridge but I DO remember the George Washington Bridge always conjested.  Bronx roadways were (is?) a mess when the Yankees play at home.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I still refer to it as 6th.Ave.I worked at 1212 6th.Ave .

Lenny, we all do.

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It's Prom night!!

IMG_20230530_153216873.jpg

IMG_20230530_153223294.jpg

IMG_20230530_153222441.jpg

IMG_20230530_153221246.jpg

Stunning girl!  Oh those eyes!!

Brought back memories of my daughter's prom held at Southfork Ranch which is located in Parker, not Dallas.  Only exterior shots were filmed at the ranch and looked nothing like the tv show interior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

@HBE4  It will always be the Tappan Zee Bridge to me

👍

Some of the traffic reporters on radio & TV still refer to it as the TZ Bridge as well.  Rumor has it that NY State officials threaten to fine them for not using the official name. Not sure if that is true but I guess it does make sense for travelers driving thru the area who are not aware.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The old TZ bridge was super congested even when it wasn't rush hour. 😞 This is a huge improvement.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I did read though 138,000 vehicles cross the bridge daily?

In addition to being super congested, it was falling apart. The poster child of NY crumbling infrastructure.  There were times when potholes would break thru the rusted steel below so if you were lucky & drove past before it was hastily repaired, you could look straight down & see the river below.

It was built "on the cheap" due to steel shortage during the Korean war, opened in 1955 and designed to last 50 years with a maximum capacity of 100,000 cars daily. It lasted 62 years and as you pointed out, averaged 138,000 cars a day, 170,000 on busy holiday weekends.

I commuted across it daily for a coupe of years until I moved out of Rockland.  My 45 minute drive to work would easily double once or twice a week.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I loved the geography lesson.  I haven't been to the new Tappan Zee Bridge.  Yes, it's the TZ bridge even to us ex-locals.  Although I've only seen it in pictures, I'm not crazy about how the new bridge looks.

It looks much nicer at night.

4th of July

TZ-RedWhiteandBlue1_0.thumb.jpg.89561f9b33e2708ca92960f42023fe84.jpg

St. Patricks Day

TZ-StPatricksDay_0.thumb.jpg.21ad5755d656d58e46d3f1b8fd37e622.jpg

Fathers Day

TZ-blue2.thumb.jpg.4934e0080267c821cdcb57c499b242ef.jpg

Christmas

TZ-Spiritual_0.thumb.jpg.33f86950ec702bf0bfca3f3f1675f9e5.jpg

Hanukkah

TZ-Hanukkah_0.thumb.jpg.a698c5ddd8fa0c2432a0a9b9fd0fdf2e.jpg

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It looks like Kenzie may have some competition .  Looks like Finnley is interested in driving.

IMG_8029.thumb.jpg.950a6515fee46e61c1ba3433f5a505d6.jpg

Another cutie pie John!

@Luckynana belated birthday wishes to your grandsons.  And that prom picture? Stunning - both your granddaughter and the dress!  

It seems like many of us spent the past week, or at least the weekend, doing yard work.  We had the kids & grands over Sunday for a cookout and the first swim of the year.  Saturday and Monday were devoted to mulch and a lot of new plantings around the yard. Tomorrow I plan on doing all my patio pots and hanging baskets.  The new island is done, I just need to take a few minutes to get some pictures when it’s not covered with stuff. I’m still in the process of bringing up serving dishes that previously had to be stored downstairs, but I now have room for them up here.  We have another nice week coming up but we sure could use some rain. 

Oh, and like most of you I will always call it the Tappan Zee.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful young lady, just beautiful. And the dress? Oh, my 😘

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Beautiful picture Maryann.

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Beautiful, hope she has a great evening.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Stunning girl!  Oh those eyes!!

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Beautiful ! I hope she has a wonderful evening.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

+6

Hope she has a fantastic time. 

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Ditto

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Plus one! She is a beauty Maryann.

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Luckynana belated birthday wishes to your grandsons.  And that prom picture? Stunning - both your granddaughter and the dress!  

Oh, and like most of you I will always call it the Tappan Zee.  

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Beautiful!!!

Thank you everyone!  Ava is such a great kid, too!

It will always be the Tappan Zee to me, also!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

It looks much nicer at night.

4th of July

TZ-RedWhiteandBlue1_0.thumb.jpg.89561f9b33e2708ca92960f42023fe84.jpg

St. Patricks Day

TZ-StPatricksDay_0.thumb.jpg.21ad5755d656d58e46d3f1b8fd37e622.jpg

Fathers Day

TZ-blue2.thumb.jpg.4934e0080267c821cdcb57c499b242ef.jpg

Christmas

TZ-Spiritual_0.thumb.jpg.33f86950ec702bf0bfca3f3f1675f9e5.jpg

Hanukkah

TZ-Hanukkah_0.thumb.jpg.a698c5ddd8fa0c2432a0a9b9fd0fdf2e.jpg

Great pictures of the Tappan Zee!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you everyone!  Ava is such a great kid, too!

It will always be the Tappan Zee to me, also!!

Add me to those comments about your beautiful Ava!  And, add me to calling the bridge- Tappan Zee!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When I moved to Ct from Pa in 1965, my route took me over the GW bridge into the city. It was easy to get into the city, but not out of the city.  I decided the reason so many lived there was the gave up and stayed, rather than leave.  But this farm boy from Pa just kept going east till I escaped.  

Afterward, I pulled out my trusty ESSO road maps, and found that the Tappan Zee bridge was my answer. 

And that's what I did for the next 11 years till I got transferred to FL.

Years later, when I  got moved back to Ct., and we started to cruise from Bayonne, DW found that Royal had a bus service from around the North east that served yo cruise port. My first ride on that bus, I sat close to the driver, and as he was inching across the GW bridge into NJ, I decided I had made the right decision , probably close to 40 years before.

By the time I got transferred back to Ct in  1999,   more interstates were completed and we could get most of the way home in Interstate highways, now over the Newburgh bridge. 

By the way , my final trip across the Tappan  Zee, by 1976 , NY was only charging for east bound crossings, not west bound, so I gave the middle finger salute to NY, cause I wasn't coming back.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your GrandDaughter is Beautiful and so is her dress.     Beautiful weather for proms this week.   I hope she has lots of fun.    

Absolutely gorgeous ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1