Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Was this the number from the stewards phone? I an surprised it doesn’t get re-routed after hours.I an not sure i would have waited on hold for 30 minutes.

wasn't there a general number for housekeeping, or guest services direct you could have called? I haven’t had many maintenance issues fortunately but I am sure I have just phoned a central number in the past. Is that no longer available?

It was the number on the business card the steward gave us. Brian waited on hold so long because it was late and he was hoping to avoid an in-person trip. After the shower flood, he just went directly down again and didn’t bother with the phone.

This morning, we returned after the ship tour and our room had been serviced. The bunk was again not “made up”. The duvet was removed, roughly folded, and tossed on top. No top sheet. I guess this is just how he does it? In the past when we’ve had the bunk that lowers from the ceiling, the stewards always made it up nice like a regular bed. Not impressed with this. But oh well. We are still having a good time.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It was the number on the business card the steward gave us. Brian waited on hold so long because it was late and he was hoping to avoid an in-person trip. After the shower flood, he just went directly down again and didn’t bother with the phone.

This morning, we returned after the ship tour and our room had been serviced. The bunk was again not “made up”. The duvet was removed, roughly folded, and tossed on top. No top sheet. I guess this is just how he does it? In the past when we’ve had the bunk that lowers from the ceiling, the stewards always made it up nice like a regular bed. Not impressed with this. But oh well. We are still having a good time.

Sounds like terrible service so far , hopefully it will improve, hope you get tickets for aqua and ice shows.

• Like 1

@dbancroft and anyone else who is interested, here are pics of the ultra-spacious ocean view with large balcony on Allure. It is a large cabin that would sleep up to six people. Lots of storage.

IMG_4162.thumb.jpeg.ce39e196c259f63762a2877b7253101e.jpeg

The bunk beds are inside that little doorway next to the couch, to the left of the bathroom.

IMG_4164.thumb.jpeg.65f6f71003412050d9e565ede7fc5659.jpeg

Bunk “closet” with its own wardrobe.

IMG_4169.thumb.jpeg.39ba57ee07f8d36ada30e76645d70f4a.jpeg

Balcony with lots of chairs

IMG_4171.thumb.jpeg.fecaa51d251a9235fb1e43cd1be15c92.jpeg

Andrew spends most of his time sitting in the window above the sofa.

IMG_4179.thumb.jpeg.e7c9badc92ccce01b82899059f5d101c.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

The business cards we have gotten has , I believe , a generic number, like 3700. That I assume would be a general housekeeping number, not a direct line to the actual person. And I have had many occasions where nobody answers.

11 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

@dbancroft and anyone else who is interested, here are pics of the ultra-spacious ocean view with large balcony on Allure. It is a large cabin that would sleep up to six people. Lots of storage.

The bunk beds are inside that little doorway next to the couch, to the left of the bathroom.

Thank you for the pics. My grandson loved those port holes on disney so at least he would be happy with the room.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

The business cards we have gotten has , I believe , a generic number, like 3700. That I assume would be a general housekeeping number, not a direct line to the actual person. And I have had many occasions where nobody answers.

Yes, this is what we have had. I also think there used to be a generic number for housekeeping and certainly guest services on the phone itself?

There has to be an alternative method available for when the steward is off-duty.

ETA Just checked, and it must vary from ship to ship, my most recent cruise didn’t have an alternative number on the card.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ok, all, I've been asked by a couple of people whether I'll be doing a trip report from Istanbul, Cappadocia, Rome, Positano & Florence next month.  My questions to you guys are: 1) do people actually want this given that once again it's not a cruise 2) if so, should I do a semi live or a full report at the end like I used to do? 3) do I post from the Turkey port forum on cc?

Crystal, to answer your questions:

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) possibly yes

I love your travel reports!  If possible, wherever you decided to post, please add a link in here since so many who post in here would love to read and see your beautiful pictures.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ok, all, I've been asked by a couple of people whether I'll be doing a trip report from Istanbul, Cappadocia, Rome, Positano & Florence next month.  My questions to you guys are: 1) do people actually want this given that once again it's not a cruise 2) if so, should I do a semi live or a full report at the end like I used to do? 3) do I post from the Turkey port forum on cc?

A few photos and descriptions of the places you visit is always welcome Crystal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Cabin looks huge , seems bigger than our grand suite 

• Like 1

Just now, singinalot said:

he's so gross. I really don't get why female after female flirt with him🤮

Pauline is saying exactly the same.

The girls look lovely and he is gross.

I wonder if the production team encourage this to boost the viewing figures.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, singinalot said:

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Crystal, to answer your questions:

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) possibly yes

I love your travel reports!  If possible, wherever you decided to post, please add a link in here since so many who post in here would love to read and see your beautiful pictures.

Like Bonnie said.  I love your reports!  I am sure most here will want to see your report so please post a link.  If live let me know so I can help flip pics around if needed,  😂. I understand there are plus and minuses to doing a live.  Choose what ever way will help you enjoy the journey the best.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2023 at 3:20 PM, ollienbertsmum said:

I was randomly trying to find something on tv to pass the time while i was checking my emails.  I found Joseph’s amazing technicolor dreamcoat (Donny Osmond was Joseph).   It reminded me of why this thread was started.  We used to have free streaming of plays and musicals to keep us entertained. Joseph was one of the shows i watched.   I loved this endeavor, but really such a long time ago.  How far we have come. 

It’s on my favorite top five list of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s works. I wake up humming some of the songs. 

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks

Kenzie is in Destin.  I loved this pic of her curly hair!  Caden was really missing us so he was able to FaceTime us last night,

K-A.thumb.jpeg.60b25167b3a274a32021e5729249f506.jpeg

C.thumb.jpeg.d3a065166eda29b45d6124bed93a6b18.jpeg

You have such lovely grandchildren!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline is saying exactly the same.

The girls look lovely and he is gross.

I wonder if the production team encourage this to boost the viewing figures.

Ummm , let me think about that ! YES 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

I love your reviews so anything would be a blessing to us. Do what feels good to you. I know how much work a live is. Take your time and maybe do a as-if. That's what I will be doing for our Adventure sailing in October.

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

he's so gross. I really don't get why female after female flirt with him🤮

Linda and I feel the same way about him. He's really not good looking and why does everyone smoke? That's such a turn off.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love your reviews so anything would be a blessing to us. Do what feels good to you. I know how work a live is. Take your time and maybe do a as-if. That's what I will be doing for our Adventure sailing in October.

Linda and I feel the same way about him. He's really not good looking and why does everyone smoke? That's such a turn off.

ditto!!!

• Like 1