Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't Southwest still have the thing where families with young children 6 and under board first right after Group A and before Group B.

Your grandkids are probably older then 6 though right?

They do for 6 and under.  Just wouldn’t want my 8 yo granddaughter ending up in a middle seat between strangers.  

Every flight we have been on this year has been full.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You mean it is possible to balance a check book without knowing how to do derivatives and quadratic equations?

Do today's kids even know how to write checks?  Some schools don't even teach cursive now, so if they do write a check, how do they sign their name?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, derorim said:

Do today's kids even know how to write checks?  Some schools don't even teach cursive now, so if they do write a check, how do they sign their name?

We met with our (now 28 year old) daughter's first grade teacher for a parent teacher conference way back when and were worried about her handwriting.  It was terrible.  Her teacher told us not to worry.  She'd survive just fine and handwriting wasn't going to be needed in the future!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Caden loves setting up tournaments.   He sets them up for March Madness,  the baseball playoffs, etc.  While at Lakeside he set up a shuffleboard tournament.   He picked me as his teammate.  He did not know it but his uncle ordered trophies for the winners.  He was so excited when we won and we got trophies 🏆!

image.thumb.png.c272344d9a53c35dca4426597d4ba330.png

Sounds like lots of fun.  I always enjoy playing shuffleboard.   Enjoy family time to the fullest💞

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The question might be do they know what a check is ?

I can tell you majority of first time homebuyers have no clue what a cancelled check.   We always had to get a copy of front and back of their earnest deposit mo ey checks.  So we gave up asking for copy of cancelled check and would ask for copy of bank printout showing the check cleared their bank acct.

Our son, Chris, recently told us he doesn't even have checks with his bank acct.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, derorim said:

They make an "X". I suspect most just scan their smart phones that are linked to a credit card. Might as well teach them to live off of credit early.

• Like 1

Yesterday I received a letter from my secondary health insurance carrier stating that they received a $3800.00 claim from a surgical supplier for me but could not identify the provider .I have not needed surgical supplies in several years.I contacted Medicare ,the primary carrier and they paid the company nearly $6000.00 for dates in May and June.I asked to be connected to their Frauds Department .They said they will investigate but could not tell me how long it will take.I said it is likely that this company will continue to bill on a monthly basis and asked that they put a notation in their computer.I was told that they do not do that and will continue to pay until the investigation is completed .How long will it take,he had no idea.

I then looked up the company on line.It is located in Brooklyn,NY.There are hundreds of posts from people stating claims were fraudently paid .People living all over the USA were reporting this .I am going to call my secondary carrier on Monday .Hopefully they will have a better system.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The question might be do they know what a check is ?

I stopped sending grandchildren, nieces and nephews birthday checks because they only hoy cashed 50% of the time. 
Now I Venmo them, and send empty cards. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Luckynana Happy Birthday Maryann! You are sharing the day with Finnley's first birthday!  

We celebrated her birthday Monday.   We are all on the road today. 

image.thumb.png.df368bf0cee92e3b76f8b9c37c407ed5.png

image.thumb.png.766fcbd68d03d22fa3a88c4fcb215bb9.png

We celebrated a few other August birthdays later in the week.  The kids love to do it at Lakeside. 

Finnley fits right in with your other cute grandkids! She’ll be running around with Kenzie before you know it. 
Kenzie can teach her to drive!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Luckynana Happy Birthday Maryann! You are sharing the day with Finnley's first birthday!  

We celebrated her birthday Monday.   We are all on the road today. 

image.thumb.png.df368bf0cee92e3b76f8b9c37c407ed5.png

image.thumb.png.766fcbd68d03d22fa3a88c4fcb215bb9.png

We celebrated a few other August birthdays later in the week.  The kids love to do it at Lakeside. 

Sweetheart birthday girl as all of her attendants are!

I'm glad to see Kenzie is keeping up with her driving. 🚗

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

.... and how did you "transition" to selling sweets? 😉

I left the bank and joined EMI records in a sales role as I loved music.

Loving chocolate and sugar confectionery the chance to sell them was irresistible which I have done for over 35 years.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Starting our trip to Amsterdam for our B2B British Isles/Transarctic cruise.

Fly the friendly skies of United…🎶

IMG_6787.thumb.jpeg.d47e27385d5dfbc25e2ec928525bbc4b.jpeg

The plane…the plane!   787-9 Dreamliner

IMG_6788.thumb.jpeg.b9b24234df93c9beaf209c76ee0454eb.jpeg

Safe travels wished to you and Marty. Have a great cruise my friends!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Starting our trip to Amsterdam for our B2B British Isles/Transarctic cruise.

Fly the friendly skies of United…🎶

IMG_6787.thumb.jpeg.d47e27385d5dfbc25e2ec928525bbc4b.jpeg

The plane…the plane!   787-9 Dreamliner

IMG_6788.thumb.jpeg.b9b24234df93c9beaf209c76ee0454eb.jpeg

Take good care of Jewel for us, when you arrive in Bayonne, NJ the middle of next month it will be our turn for Jewel  🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5