Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

They dock at Road Town and the charter boat will be at the marina next to it. They say a 3-5 minute walk. I need to double check the time going from Tortola to JVD but I think it’s about 45 minutes. We are chartering with Chillout Charters.

Thanks to Greg and the group of us we have a good plan in place!!  🌴😃🍹

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Is she ever unhappy?

She has her moments. 😆 while on vacation she was getting upset when about a half hour later she was singing and saying funny stuff.   I looked at mom and mom said, she was hungry.   😆 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie's mom had a large order of flowers today!

IMG_5265.thumb.jpeg.8be17359ad7851ca85bae85d07f4f87a.jpeg

Speaking of Kenzie,  she came over today!

20230815_172411.thumb.jpg.9e381c6d7d94b5822516ac79e50bbc1c.jpg

She loves that outfit.

Your daughter is quite talented with her flower arrangements.  Beautiful!

Kenzie would fit right in with my oldest daughter, as well as my oldest granddaughter.  They love Disney so much, the two of them headed to the Disneyland in Paris while in Paris last month.  The rest of the family said "no thanks" and spent their day elsewhere.

How are you doing these days, John?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Luckynana said:

@Sea Dog  Good luck with your injection tomorrow, Greg.  I hope it makes your knee "behave" until after your Adventure cruise as well as until your knee replacement procedure.

Thank you Maryann. I hope you had a great birthday. Fingers crossed the injection gets me through my October cruise.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie's mom had a large order of flowers today!

IMG_5265.thumb.jpeg.8be17359ad7851ca85bae85d07f4f87a.jpeg

Speaking of Kenzie,  she came over today!

20230815_172411.thumb.jpg.9e381c6d7d94b5822516ac79e50bbc1c.jpg

She loves that outfit.

Kenzie looks like a little lady. I wonder if she knows how many fans she has!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

The wedding shawl is being blocked.  Check one thing off my list.  I will post a glamour shot when it is dry. It has silver lined clear beads that don't show up in the picture but make the shawl sparkle.

Weddingshawl.thumb.jpeg.cac193d68eb7829158cef2e9908a3411.jpeg

Your wedding shawl is so beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Time for great grandchildren photos. 
My oldest is five and started kindergarten yesterday. He was thrilled to see his play school girlfriend in his class!
His little brother, Ledger, is 3 and all boy. He jumped off the trampoline ladder and broke his arm. He gave a thumbs up on the way into surgery! No tears, no fear!

Their mother is a twin, and her sister has Sage, a sweet little girl. The boys love her and are very protective of their cousin. 
That’s good, because they’ll have a baby sister in October. 

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_3075.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 28

45 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

I hope you are doing well. 

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

How are you doing these days, John?

I am do alright.  I know I am slowly getting weaker.  Last week was hard pace for me.  I had several family members that wanted to spend time with me.  About midweek I would take a nap and it helped.

I got in a good workout at the PT today.  It was my 1st workout day there.  I think I may of mentioned it, before we left for Lakeside I made my 1st visit to this PT.  After the evaluation I was leaving and the PT said, Have a great trip! 😆 I stopped and replied,  really, my new PT wants me to have a good trip?  Later I told my girls and they said, see ya next fall!  😆 

During the evaluation the PT tested my grip strength.   My right was 40, left 75.  I  am guessing top is 100.  Nevertheless it's apparent that my left is almost twice as stronge.

I feel like I am already recovered from last week's trip.  Much faster than when we got back from Hawaii.   I am curious how the 5 day cruise in October will go.  I think much better. 

I am in the process of getting a 3rd ALS medicine approved.  Insurance likes to slow it all down.  

Thanks for checking. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 11

4 hours ago, George C said:

Anything worth getting off the ship at Puerto Costa Maya , going in November and this is one port we haven’t visited yet ?

They have a very extensive port complex. There’s a free pool. There’s also a bird exhibit for a fee. Restaurants, bars, gelato, shops. It’s worth a look around if you’ve never been. Some folks recommend the Krazy Lobster nearby, but I’ve never been there.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

The wedding shawl is being blocked.  Check one thing off my list.  I will post a glamour shot when it is dry. It has silver lined clear beads that don't show up in the picture but make the shawl sparkle.

Weddingshawl.thumb.jpeg.cac193d68eb7829158cef2e9908a3411.jpeg

Wow!   Gorgeous shawl.  

You sure do some beautiful work.   

How do you do this with cats in the house?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

They have a very extensive port complex. There’s a free pool. There’s also a bird exhibit for a fee. Restaurants, bars, gelato, shops. It’s worth a look around if you’ve never been. Some folks recommend the Krazy Lobster nearby, but I’ve never been there.

I like the port area.  If we get off this time we will probably just do the port area.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@Luckynana I hope you’re having/had a wonderful birthday. We only get one a year, so they should be great ones

Thank you, Mimi!  We celebrated on Saturday with everyone, and this evening, I had another cake with candles to wish on.😊

Your great grandchildren are gorgeous, and your little Ledger is a real "spit fire"!  He sure is a brave little guy.  I hope he's not hurting too much with his broken arm.  God Bless them all!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Time for great grandchildren photos. 
My oldest is five and started kindergarten yesterday. He was thrilled to see his play school girlfriend in his class!
His little brother, Ledger, is 3 and all boy. He jumped off the trampoline ladder and broke his arm. He gave a thumbs up on the way into surgery! No tears, no fear!

Their mother is a twin, and her sister has Sage, a sweet little girl. The boys love her and are very protective of their cousin. 
That’s good, because they’ll have a baby sister in October. 

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_3075.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

Beautiful Grandchildren.  I see your resemblance in little one with sweet curls.  

Precious🥰

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Mimi!  We celebrated on Saturday with everyone, and this evening, I had another cake with candles to wish on.😊

Your great grandchildren are gorgeous, and your little Ledger is a real "spit fire"!  He sure is a brave little guy.  I hope he's not hurting too much with his broken arm.  God Bless them all!

Happy to hear you are having a great Birthday week❤️

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like the port area.  If we get off this time we will probably just do the port area.

Thanks everyone, I like the idea of hanging around the port area . Might just stay on ship in Roatan and hit our favorite bars and restaurants in Cozumel which we have been to about 20 times . 

• Like 3