Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@bobmacliberty  Off the X Eclipse last week and there was no charge for cookies.  Enjoy your first cruise for what you are experiencing, not what others are saying. 😀

There was no cookie charging on the Equinox either. I think many people get too wound up in their reviews. I read them with a pinch of salt, unless if its Greg's review. And the butler business I just do not get all the whining........I would just be happy to be on the ship and have my pastries and coffee delivered by any one who wants $5. (or by DH!🤣 Do I have to tip him a bit more?)
Bob you will be just fine and will enjoy X.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our pumpkins last night. 

IMG_2261.thumb.jpeg.25d56f329ad40d38e7cff2926b3163d0.jpeg

Our pumpkins this morning. The bottom one says it all. 

IMG_9842.thumb.jpeg.8100c0817935fb755b9d09b6b6e1b826.jpeg

Yuck. 

IMG_2265.thumb.jpeg.efe3a35267333856ad51dc6a46994b86.jpeg

Looks very much like ours this morning, except the roads were also covered.   People were out, relearning their winter driving skills.   

• Like 4

@Sea Dogyour light shows are amazing.  Super impressed with your talent.  

We don't get trick or treaters out where we live.  

It is chilly this morning but Friday is supposed to be nice for the wedding.  A lot to do between now and then.  

When I was getting nails done there was a woman getting her nails done for her son's wedding on Friday.  In Ohio.  I said well at least it will be inside.  No it will be outside.  We all wished her well.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our pumpkins last night. 

IMG_2261.thumb.jpeg.25d56f329ad40d38e7cff2926b3163d0.jpeg

Our pumpkins this morning. The bottom one says it all. 

IMG_9842.thumb.jpeg.8100c0817935fb755b9d09b6b6e1b826.jpeg

Yuck. 

I caught part of the Today Show this morning. They showed the reaction of a Ugandan man seeing snow for the first time. It was really heart warming to see. Suffice it to say I have not had the same sentiment in years.

• Haha 10

I’ve been M.I.A. since we returned from our Adventure cruise on Saturday.  No particular reason, just busy unpacking, doing laundry and finishing the seasonal clothing switchover which also prompted me to do some closet reorganizing.  I know I’ve missed a lot of birthdays, anniversaries, health news, etc, so Happy, Happy and I hope anyone not feeling well is better soon and/or gets good news. 
@dani negreanu continued thoughts & prayers for you and your family as well as @BonTexasNY Bonnie and Jacks. 

@lenquixote66 hope your daughter is better and you’re doing okay. 
We had only 11 trick or treaters last night, also mostly younger kids. 
I can’t believe it’s November 1st already! Time to start thinking about Christmas shopping 😬

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I need prayers.My oldest daughter had chest pains.Her heart was racing.Her husband called 911 and went with her in the ambulance to the local hospital.Toby who does not drive at night just drove to stay with my 15 year old granddaughter.I am home alone and I am having. a panic attack.I may not survive this.

Oh no Lenny so sorry to see this today.  Prayers that things are better for all today.

25 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It is chilly this morning but Friday is supposed to be nice for the wedding.  A lot to do between now and then.  

When I was getting nails done there was a woman getting her nails done for her son's wedding on Friday.  In Ohio.  I said well at least it will be inside.  No it will be outside.  We all wished her well. 

Congratulations and wish you the best for the wedding. Would love to see a picture or two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

40 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Congratulations and wish you the best for the wedding. Would love to see a picture or two.

Thanks for compliments. It’s fun do those when we used to have more kids in the neighborhood. When I did the shows I would 200-300 kids. Last night we maybe had 60 tops. We went dark about 8pm. It didn’t help matters that it was very cold last night. That kept a lot of people from coming out.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I need prayers.My oldest daughter had chest pains.Her heart was racing.Her husband called 911 and went with her in the ambulance to the local hospital.Toby who does not drive at night just drove to stay with my 15 year old granddaughter.I am home alone and I am having. a panic attack.I may not survive this.

Hoping you get good news about your daughter.  I echo @Jimbo's post that maybe someone can come stay with you. Can Toby bring your granddaughter to your place?

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Those dang lighthouse cookies will live on in this thread forever, just like the can opener at the rental!  🤣

Both will live down in history and provided all of us with some wonderful chuckles.

• Haha 7

Lenny , I hope your daughter is at home and doing well.  

It is going to be 84° here , today , with no snow in sight . That’s why people want to live here. 

No trick or treaters last night . We have a huge bowl of Snickers left over. Our church is collecting left over candy for the less fortunate in Mexico which is not that far south. 

A visit to the oral surgeon is on the agenda for today . The bone graft is complete . Now comes the abutment and tooth implant. Not a fan of getting this done . 

• Like 10

This was our first Halloween here in our new house.  I was hoping the “no lights on out front means they don’t want trick or treaters” held here.  Well, here the homes that want trick or treaters put tables and chairs at the foot of their driveways.  A great idea…not having to continually open your front door and worry about pets getting out.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nobody is with me.I am texting with Toby .My son in law texted Toby and said that my daughter is having tests done.Even if everything is okay she will most likely be there all night.Thank you for replying.

Hi Lenny,

I must've signed off for the night when you posted this as I don't remember seeing it. Hopefully you made it thru the night without too much anxiety & that you daughter is on the mend.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yuck. 

Gorgeous shot.

Perfect amount of snow, enough to cover the ground and look pretty but not enough to make the roads a disgusting mess.

It'll probably be gone by lunch time.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have a Bluetooth device that is hooked to the TV and plays the TV into my hearing aids.  I can even mute the TV and still hear it through my hearing aids.

My computer audio goes thru my hearing aids via blue tooth.  I would love the tv audio going thru my hearing aids as well, but then I think it would prevent Jack from watching tv since it would block regular audio for him.  I hardly ever watch tv.

Closed caption is annoying to me.  I can't complain.  Hearing aids re-opened a whole new world to me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I would love the tv audio going thru my hearing aids as well, but then I think it would prevent Jack from watching tv since it would block regular audio for him.

What I use is a Widex TV play.

image.thumb.png.baab7d181290e63f85b875706d951533.png

It does not stop others from hearing the TV.  Sharon sets the TV volume to where she needs it.  I adjust my hearing aids to hear the Widex device.  I think this device just works with Widex hearing aids but I bet there Re simular devices.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had about 130 show up last night and we eventually ran out of candy and turned off the lights.  It was kind of weird.   There was about 4 waves last night with about 20 minutes between each.  When the 5th wave started we were out of candy.

Wow impressive.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope your Daughter is okay as well as you.  It is heartbreaking when one of our babies, no matter how old, has a health scare.  Sending hugs and prayers for All.🙏((((💗))))

Unfortunately,Debbie she has a problem with her heart.My father died from a heart attack.I have a congenital heart disorder .She had several tests and had a lot of blood drawn. The Chief Cardiac Resident at the hospital said that she needs to go to a Cardiologist.When she came home this morning she called her PCP who recommended a doctor in Manhattan.She called for an appointment and was told that his earliest opening was February.The doctor also has a LI office .My daughter called and they were supposed to get back to her to see if they can fit her in

I have a wonderful Cardiologist but he is decided to retire He recommended to his patients the names of other doctors in his practice but I do not believe they can compare to him.

As far as me ,I had possibly the worst panic attack of my life last night.

Thanks for your words they are greatly appreciated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1