Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

@jagsfan  Such great news, Mimi! 🌹

@Jimbo  I love your seashell themed tree.🎄

@Ozark_Kid Your SIL did a great job on your ramp!

@TravelGirlinDallas Congratulations to Andrew on making the Basketball Team.  Mighty handsome fella!😊

@HBE4 and @lenquixote66  Thank you for the info on "Bodies".  That'll be the next series we will watch😉 

The lead female was the star of Unorthodox .The second lead actor was on Boardwalk Empire for 4 years.He ,especially is great in Bodies.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2023 at 6:32 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't think you meant my Lyme rash post.😄

I want you to know that I think about your family every now and then. I hope the horrible path that they have had to walk is becoming more tolerable.

Our favorite restaurant, is run by a wonderful local lady, who married a chef from a resort near Big Sur in California.  They do a lot of farm to table and he does a lot of Sous Vide cooking.  It is a very pricey restaurant but it is so good we frequent it a lot.  We don’t eat dinner out a lot but when we do this is our place, usually 1 time a month.  Their small restaurant is in the middle of an apple orchard.  Lovely.  Anyway, she used to always come talk to us, they have young staff since they are only open Thursday thru Saturday, and she was the wine sommelier and cocktail person.  Most of the waitstaff are college kids.  Because my DW has Alpha Gal which is a tick borne virus (hate deer they spread pestilence) via the Lone Star tick, damn Texas, she has the waitstaff well prepped when we arrive to make sure Krystal (DW) doesn’t get any mammalian bits for dinner to cause an alpha gal reaction.  

We regularly communicate with her via email and I kept telling her I never see her any more are you not working as much and she always replies I am always at the restaurant every night.  I reply, but I never see you….

Turns out she has Lyme disease from a tick bite, and is pretty much immobile.  

I learned this when we went to dinner with friends who knew this, and they were talking to her in a small chair out of site at behind the bar.  I was like who were you talking to, and they said Tamara, and I was like why is she sitting behind the bar in the chair, and they told me the situation.  I went back and talked to her for the first time in about a year, and I apologized for not realizing what was going on.  Now when we come in the restaurant, she shouts hello at me when we walk in the door.  I watch her now, and it is clear she doesn’t have very much mobility at all, but she still teaches her staff exactly how to do their jobs.  Most of them are kids, and they do great.  

Ticks suck… 

jc

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Hi, everybody!

I’m back out of the rabbit hole!

We enjoyed our Bermuda cruise on Mariner, and am so glad we finally made it. 
It was an eye opener. 

Our guide took us everywhere, and was a fountain of information. 
If anyone is looking for a good one, his name is Millard Lightbourne, and the email is his daughter’s…millarda@northrockbm. 
Tell her Mimi sent you.
Your reply will be from Gizell. 
I don’t remember, actually, if I’ve posted since then!

Just before the cruise, I had gotten a text saying the test results from an MRI were available on the hospital portal. 
Fool that I am, I went into the portal and the first words I saw were Diagnosis Pancreatic Cancer. My oncologist’s appointment was Oct 11, so I kept the news to myself so as not to spoil Dick’s enjoyment of the cruise. 
two days after the cruise, I tested positive for COVID. Canceled everything on my calendar and changed my appointment to Oct 27. 
I can tell you it was hard to act totally normal while wondering if I would/could have chemo, radiation, or both. 
Well, my oncologist greeted me with a smile, and said she had the results. I said I had read them and saw Pancreatic Cancer. 
Dr K said MRIs can’t tell malignant cells from benign. 

She also said chemo and radiation wouldn’t have been an option, only surgery. 
She said the spots on my lungs and on my pancreas have been stable for two years and she expects them to stay that way. 
I should have asked @Ocean Boy about those results instead of worrying myself sick!

So a CTscan on my lungs in 6 months and another pelvic  MRI in 12. 
I live to cruise another day!

O crap.  I pray all goes well.  So sorry to hear this.  

• Like 1

When the buck ran into the driver's side of my Camry, I was only going about 7 mph, because I was in front of the high school at drop off. He took out the driver's side mirror, smashed his face against my window and did $3000 worth of damage to the side of the car. I just remember that horrible, flattened Rudolph face on my window, as my feet came of the pedals, I tried to climb into the passenger seat with my seat belt on, and I steered towards the curb. And I just sat there for a minute. 

And then this gentleman came up to give me my side mirror and see if I was okay.  I remember him brushing all of these huge deer ticks off of my driver's side window with his sleeve. They had all been knocked off the deer in the collision. 

I got of the car and thanked him. This beautiful buck was laying in the traffic lane. And I was crying. And then he shook himself all over like a dog and trotted off....☺️ I was thinking, Wait! we have insurance issues. He seemed to be fine, just stunned.

I didn't realize how many ticks are on a deer, but there are a lot. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 9

For those of you who have been to Coco Cay....

It looks like Odyssey will be there with Liberty. Do you think that will make for a crowded day on the island? Both ships are showing 7AM arrival and 5PM departures. This will be my first time there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Hi, everybody!

It was an eye opener. 

If anyone is looking for a good one, his name is Millard Lightbourne, and the email is his daughter’s…millarda@northrockbm. 
Tell her Mimi sent you.

Just before the cruise, I had gotten a text saying the test results from an MRI were available on the hospital portal. 
Fool that I am, I went into the portal and the first words I saw were Diagnosis Pancreatic Cancer. My oncologist’s appointment was Oct 11, so I kept the news to myself so as not to spoil Dick’s enjoyment of the cruise. 
two days after the cruise, I tested positive for COVID. Canceled everything on my calendar and changed my appointment to Oct 27. 
I can tell you it was hard to act totally normal while wondering if I would/could have chemo, radiation, or both. 
Well, my oncologist greeted me with a smile, and said she had the results. I said I had read them and saw Pancreatic Cancer. 

She said the spots on my lungs and on my pancreas have been stable for two years and she expects them to stay that way. 
I should have asked @Ocean Boy about those results instead of worrying myself sick!

Let’s hope they stay stable, and you only have to continue with follow-up scans.

14 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I have had MRIs like that since my cancer diagnosis.  Mine are every 6 months and next month is the month.  The waiting for a week or 2 to see the doctor after can be agonizing. But in the meantime we are making final payments and going on with life. Scanxiety is what I call it.  I share with the DH because he keeps me centered and optimistic. 

Very happy for you! 

I know there is a lot of anxiety, waiting on scan results and waiting to see the doctor about them.   Hoping your scan results are good.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Hi, everybody!

It was an eye opener. 

Tell her Mimi sent you.

Pancreatic cancers do not stay stable on scans for two years. You have already passed the test of time. One of the issues with the imaging we have available to us these days is we pick up "abnormalities" that are meaningless. They lead to a lot of unwarranted stress and worry. Scan stability over two years makes me quite comfortable. I'd say that you have plenty of time to make more holes in walls with your head.😉😇

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It looks like Odyssey will be there with Liberty. Do you think that will make for a crowded day on the island? Both ships are showing 7AM arrival and 5PM departures. This will be my first time there.

We were at Coco cay on January 30th on Oasis and Enchantment was there too.

It did not seem crowded to me @Ocean Boy

IMG_20230130_085858.jpg

IMG_20230130_093231.jpg

IMG_20230130_091224.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You will be just fine.   I think Liberty has something like 3650 passengers.  Plus if there after the new adult beach, Hideaway, is open that will help everyone spread out.

• Like 5

We started watching the first few episodes of Bodies, then got pulled away from it when we saw that Bosch Legacy, Season 2 was released.  We just finished the first 6 episodes, but have to wait till Friday for the next two to be released.  The final two will be released on November 10th.

I am so used to seeing Titus Welliver playing Harry, that is who I see when I read the books.  I think they did good to cast him in that roll.

• Like 4

Hello friends! I’m back and finally settled in to spend more time here. Unfortunately I don’t think I can go back and read everything I’ve missed as I’m getting ready for knee replacement on Friday. If I’ve missed birthdays, special occasions, sickness, problems or accomplishments I’m sorry. Know that I care about all of you.

I want to thank all of you that took time to follow and post on my live review thread. I broke a new record for me with over 67,400 views and over 1.100 posts. I am humbled by your support and hope I can do better in the future.

I will try and keep up after my surgery but as you know being drugged up with painkillers I will be doing a lot of sleeping. Or maybe not as I am being prescribed a portable connect pedal bike that sends data back to my surgeon. Medicare covers it and it will be delivered today. I am supposed to use at least 3-5 times a day for 10-20 minutes. Combine that with physical therapy 2-3 times a week I will be pretty busy. At least I should be ready for Beyond in April.

Cheer.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You should be fine, especially if you’re an early riser. And if you’re not, many people return to the ship in the late morning.

Have a good time- I kind of wanted to dislike Coco Key, but it’s a very nice beach day- sort of a beachy Disney World.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, akcruz said:

Will add our thanks for the Bodies recommendations, half way through, very much enjoying it.

We started watching a while ago but couldn't get into the first episode so didn't watch anymore. With all the recommendations we've given it another go and it does get better once you get to know the characters 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello friends! I’m back and finally settled in to spend more time here. Unfortunately I don’t think I can go back and read everything I’ve missed as I’m getting ready for knee replacement on Friday. If I’ve missed birthdays, special occasions, sickness, problems or accomplishments I’m sorry. Know that I care about all of you.

I want to thank all of you that took time to follow and post on my live review thread. I broke a new record for me with over 67,400 views and over 1.100 posts. I am humbled by your support and hope I can do better in the future.

I will try and keep up after my surgery but as you know being drugged up with painkillers I will be doing a lot of sleeping. Or maybe not as I am being prescribed a portable connect pedal bike that sends data back to my surgeon. Medicare covers it and it will be delivered today. I am supposed to use at least 3-5 times a day for 10-20 minutes. Combine that with physical therapy 2-3 times a week I will be pretty busy. At least I should be ready for Beyond in April.

Cheer.

I will be thinking about you Friday. You will be running all.over Beyond before you know it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I am humbled by your support and hope I can do better in the future.

Cheer.

Not possible to do better.  You shouldn't mess with perfection.

Jack and I are sending best wishes  for your successful surgery on Friday.

• Like 3