Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If that was the endzone where that soccer net is stored, where was the goal post on that end of the field?

Soccer net is roughly where the black arrow is. In this Google earth photo the field is set up for soccer.  

IMG_3220.thumb.jpeg.ef760db41f67e1748e20308917520e20.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derorim said:

Andy's sister, who's going through chemo, recently said she wanted to get a cat.  We got her this instead.  Maybe I should reconsider.  🙂  

Oh I think a cat would be wonderful for her!!!  You can’t help but smile with joy watching a kitten or a cat’s antics.  And science has proved the therapeutic benefits of stroking a purring cat.  There is no better contentment than watching a cat sleep curled up in your lap.  And they instinctively know how to use a litter box!!

Minnie and Diana say go for it!

IMG_5434.jpeg

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Oh I think a cat would be wonderful for her!!!  You can’t help but smile with joy watching a kitten or a cat’s antics.  And science has proved the therapeutic benefits of stroking a purring cat.  There is no better contentment than watching a cat sleep curled up in your lap.  And they instinctively know how to use a litter box!!

Minnie and Diana say go for it!

IMG_5434.jpeg

That looks like a very comfortable chair. Do you ever get to use it? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Pretty sunrise getting back into Boston this morning. Followed into port by Seven Seas Mariner. Easy getting off ship as we didn’t have to go through customs since we already did in Bar Harbor. Left cabin just after 8, at curb at 8:23 and first laundry in before 9. 🙂 

IMG_6122.thumb.jpeg.752921016d52aa59b3638ba4c508195a.jpeg

IMG_6126.thumb.jpeg.63c1736f840f0dc7107bc33328395bfd.jpeg

IMG_6134.thumb.jpeg.7e0bdbf3af9864c8b6fa5b3469e621fb.jpeg

IMG_6137.thumb.jpeg.0097a2f1c749f1d8ddf99d29065159aa.jpeg

Awesome pictures. Welcome home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Happy Anniversary to you both!
Love the "then and now" pictures in front of the Pineapple Fountain.

@akcruz  Happy Anniversary April!  Love all of the pictures, most especially of your Wedding Day!🌹

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

The kittens are getting big.  6 weeks old now.  They will go to their forever homes in 6 more weeks.

Resized_20231026_192853.thumb.jpeg.cdb8feb3c99184604f87fb4841093a56.jpeg

Resized_20231028_161331.thumb.jpeg.4d6863f4df81c818096ddff4df5c02f1.jpeg

They are beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Back home from our Adventure cruise and not liking the cold temp and gray skies in Michigan!!  I apologize but I couldn't keep up with this thread so I hope everyone is doing well and wish the very happiest birthdays and anniversaries to those that I missed! 

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Back home from our Adventure cruise and not liking the cold temp and gray skies in Michigan!!  I apologize but I couldn't keep up with this thread so I hope everyone is doing well and wish the very happiest birthdays and anniversaries to those that I missed! 

Jennifer, you couldn't keep up with this thread because you were busy living the good life in Paradise.  Kudos to Greg for sharing it with us.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, derorim said:

Andy's sister, who's going through chemo, recently said she wanted to get a cat.  We got her this instead.  Maybe I should reconsider.  🙂  

Wishing Andy’s sister the best with her chemo treatments. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hope your Lyme Disease is controlled.  It can be very painful. My friend's father contracted Lyme Disease when he was in his 70s.  He hadn't left the Bronx in at least 20 years.  For those not in the know, The Bronx is a NYC borough, heavily populated, not a place you would find deer. Took a long time to diagnose.  

I'm lucky in that I caught it right away. As soon as the tell-tale bulls eye rash appeared - which only happens in 40%-50% of the cases I'm told - I went to the doctor and he put me on antibiotics right away while awaiting the results of the blood test which took 3 days. A second blood test was taken & both  confirmed I had Lyme disease.  By then I had a 6 day head start on antibiotics so I was able to "nip it in the bud" so to speak.  From what I understand, the earlier you can treat it, the better the chances of full recovery. Which was my case. The only "symptom" I had was the rash, I never had any of the other physical ailments such as joint pain, fever, etc.

Like I said, I was lucky. In your friends fathers case, he may have been infected for weeks or months and by then sadly,  he had already developed the long term, hard to treat effects. If he never had th rash, mostly likely he thought he had the flu as the symptoms are so similair.  The deer tick are spread not just be deer but by mouse, chipmunks, any small rodents as well as birds.  Probably how they made their way down to the Bronx.

• Like 10