Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

It's magical and easier when you live there. 😉

Tis is true. I was there about week ago to take in a Ranger game with my step daughter. We had time to kill so we visited Bryant Park which is literally on the walk from Grand Central Station to Madison Square Garden.  Hung out for a bit at one of the  temporary "pop-up" bars beside the ice rink where they serve festive cocktails with fun names like "Twisted Elf" or "Drunken Reindeer" or "Santa's Balls", etc. Maybe those weren't the exact names but you get the idea.  We met a lovely young couple from Ohio who were visiting the city for the week, first time. Had great conversation, gave them some tips & they insisted on buying us a round of drinks, which at $18-$20 per drink is no small gesture.  I tried to decline but they insisted. Part of the city holiday magic, I guess. 

The Ice Rink

20231215_231655.thumb.jpg.0a1dd7c50b4a31b780a52c7a72cacd10.jpg

The Tree. You can walk right up to it.

20231215_232022.thumb.jpg.d5066326eb77e60cfe915dcbefca7f95.jpg

And get your picture taken very close to the tree. Can't do that at Rockefeller. Just sayin 😉

20231215_222923.thumb.jpg.ae14a0162058e7aaebdb8b4531e82bdb.jpg

Macy's. Where Santa lives. Taken from 34st. Where the Miracle happened.

20231215_220827.thumb.jpg.0406f13086e701e323cf3d5247e2416b.jpg

Always liked this view when walking back to Grand Central Station.

20231203_212706.thumb.jpg.b013468da0ea70f0c8c688d238592edb.jpg

Oh, and the Rangers had won that game vs Anaheim Ducks as well. 5-1.

Resized_20231215_195632.thumb.jpeg.b55e8ecf297808d04bb762cacbd78665.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Am I the only one who thinks that looks like a container/cargo ship instead of a cruise ship???

From lifeboats up it looks like a cruise ship, but they could have came up with a better color paint to paint the hull.

Found a good blogger on Youtube that is on the World Cruise.

You will want to follow these people, they are making very good video's on what they are doing on each port.  They know how to enjoy each port for sure. I for one will be following them.

Rollin" With the Reilly's

https://www.youtube.com/@RollingReillys

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Am I the only one who thinks that looks like a container/cargo ship instead of a cruise ship???

You should find this really confusing then. I found this cruise line on instagram the other day. It’s a freighter and a cruise ship. 

IMG_3303.thumb.jpeg.0c24b496ee75cfa6b97fccb6e4f5186b.jpeg

IMG_3302.thumb.jpeg.9eaeca091e4d525eb5eff49e7c9db4be.jpeg

IMG_3301.thumb.jpeg.6c05d87c97ef874e1b28812994f8c1c8.jpeg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You should find this really confusing then. I found this cruise line on instagram the other day. It’s a freighter and a cruise ship. 

IMG_3303.thumb.jpeg.0c24b496ee75cfa6b97fccb6e4f5186b.jpeg

IMG_3302.thumb.jpeg.9eaeca091e4d525eb5eff49e7c9db4be.jpeg

IMG_3301.thumb.jpeg.6c05d87c97ef874e1b28812994f8c1c8.jpeg

Read a review of this cruise in the travel section of our weekend papers, just recently.  Added it my list of “one day” travels.

I am beginning to hate watching the Buffalo Bills games with my wife , after following the Bills her entire life she is very pessimistic and sure they will lose , luckily she was wrong tonight, I am always a optimist thinking my Yankees will win the World Series every year, we’ll at least I have won more than a dozen in my lifetime 😁

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, George C said:

I am beginning to hate watching the Buffalo Bills games with my wife , after following the Bills her entire life she is very pessimistic and sure they will lose , luckily she was wrong tonight, I am always a optimist thinking my Yankees will win the World Series every year, we’ll at least I have won more than a dozen in my lifetime 😁

She seems like some of my old school NY Ranger fan buddies.  They expect the team to go undefeated the whole season & as soon as they lose a game, they act like the season is over & the team should be traded away.  Or any come from behind victory is because they got lucky but the season is over.   You get the idea.  Not only is the glass empty but the bottom is cracked so it'll never ever get to half full. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

Have you heard of a baseball team on the west coast called LA? 

• Like 1

🌲 Happy Christmas 🌲

@Husky1987 Larry, your amazing gesture brought tears to my eyes, well done and thank you.

@mo&fran excellent news, so happy for you.

@Sea Dog, Greg, my best wishes for Linda's successful surgery.

@Arzeena, @grapau27, @taznremmy, @MJSailors and @aussielozzie18, thank you for your well wishes.

@helen haywood Marian, so glad for you. Such a relief to finally sell your old house.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

🌲 Happy Christmas 🌲

@Husky1987 Larry, your amazing gesture brought tears to my eyes, well done and thank you.

@mo&fran excellent news, so happy for you.

@Sea Dog, Greg, my best wishes for Linda's successful surgery.

@Arzeena, @grapau27, @taznremmy, @MJSailors and @aussielozzie18, thank you for your well wishes.

@helen haywood Marian, so glad for you. Such a relief to finally sell your old house.

Good morning Dani @dani negreanu.

It is 13°C windy and cloudy here.

I hope you and your family are safe and well.

Christmas wishes to all of my friends on here.

Graham x

IMG-20231223-WA0006.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

In the Crown Lounge. Only about 50% full. French 75 and a Chocolate Martini with champagne on ice. 😁 😁 😁

20231223_190435.thumb.jpg.c48df097dc9259c119c5052e5e6fb5bf.jpg

THAT handbag looks gorgeous !!!!!!!!! Is it a Mary Frances or a Renee original? What a lovely work of art!

• Like 3