Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

What did they mean "choice of"......I would insist on ordering everything on that menu for $125 and I would take plastic boxes and ziplock baggies for what doesn't fit in the belly. 🤣

It is indeed a wonderful menu! Enjoy your fantastic dinner and happy Valentine's.

Same menu was 150 for New Year’s Eve, most likely will have some leftovers, we love the live music there and they always give us the best table . Funny one day we we’re having drinks at bar before dinner and owner was going to sit at our table, waiter told him that this was our table ( we are friendly with owner) so after dinner we asked for our check and was informed the owner picked it up.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was wondering which of your kids it was. I was "hoping" (not really, wrong word but I can't think of another) that it was DS as this was his 2nd year in Canada while this was DD first year, if I remember things correctly?  Disappointing that she didn't get to experience the full winter like her brother. Fingers-crossed that she recovers quickly & can enjoy spring time travels.

Oh, and she has to come up with a better story as to how she broke it.  Maybe racing to catch a small child as they fell off a chair lift or something like that. 😉

Thank you.  Great memory. You are correct on both counts.  Especially the disappointment  of a boring story for her injury!  Adding salt to her wounds,  her brother was due to drive to her resort so they could snowboard together for the very first time and a close friend from Australia is due to arrive at the resort soon  and stay for a week and they had lots of plans together but she is young, she will recover and she will have lots  of company to cheer her up whilst off the slopes.

• Like 12

Any word from Greg yet on his procedure?

Hope when he watches the tape of the parade he turns it off before the ending.

How sad 😞  for someone to ruin it with a shooting and injuring people like that on a such fun day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

Our menu for Valentine’s Day dinner , I will definitely get the surf and turf along with a very good bottle of Cabernet , we go to this restaurant normally twice a week.

2024-T13-Valentines-menu-8_5-x-14-JRv3-1

Oh yeah, what the heck is Bacon Wrapped Dates, hope this doesn't involve raisins in anyway. @A&L_Ont

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Update:

I’m home after a successful surgery. The rip was a large one and I had some intestine poking out. I am sore but pain is doing ok. I have some good pain meds.

On another note my heart is heartbroken that what should be a day of celebration of our hometown Chiefs winning the Super Bowl got a dark shadow casted over us. While we don’t know all the information 1 is dead, multiple shot and injured. Thankfully our brave law enforcement ran towards the chaos and even citizens pursued and restrained the shooter. Still an active crime scene now as the investigation is ongoing. Any pain I have from the surgery is nothing compared to the pain, sadness, anger  and depression I feel that this happened for what should have been a great celebration.

• Like 30

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Update:

I’m home after a successful surgery. The rip was a large one and I had some intestine poking out. I am sore but pain is doing ok. I have some good pain meds.

On another note my heart is heartbroken that what should be a day of celebration of our hometown Chiefs winning the Super Bowl got a dark shadow casted over us. While we don’t know all the information 1 is dead, multiple shot and injured. Thankfully our brave law enforcement ran towards the chaos and even citizens pursued and restrained the shooter. Still an active crime scene now as the investigation is ongoing. Any pain I have from the surgery is nothing compared to the pain, sadness, anger  and depression I feel that this happened for what should have been a great celebration.

Oh Mr Sea Dog. 
I have hardly been on cruisecritic and sorry to hear about your needing surgery again. 

Here’s to a speedy recovery. 

Take care. 

💕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Oh Mr Sea Dog. 
I have hardly been on cruisecritic and sorry to hear about your needing surgery again. 

Here’s to a speedy recovery. 

Take care. 

💕

Thanks Sue, it was a hernia that apparently I had for awhile but got worse. Not sure when I got it but the surgeon said it was a big rip.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Oh no.  Your grandson breaking his wrist on the first day of snowboarding.  Glad it was a clean break though.  Has it impacted him being able to do schoolwork?

Yes, the operation will be in Canada. Thankfully all covered by insurance.  One of her close friends got wiped out on the snowfields by an out of control snowboarder two weeks ago.  DD went in the ambulance to the hospital with her and stayed by her side as her support person so she knows the hospital well.  

Aw, your poor daughter.  Her girlfriend, also!  Thank goodness for insurance!  I hope your daughter is not in too much pain😔

I just texted my grandson and asked how his wrist is.  His answer: good.

He should be all right with his schoolwork, since he broke his left wrist, and he's a "righty".  Thank you, aussie!

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1 😊

Thank you, Debbie!

• Like 4

Had a great first day In Orlando. 

IMG_1754.thumb.jpeg.7d40bdbeb1afc6f76520caad5a67884e.jpeg

When in Florida eat like a Canadian 😆

IMG_1751.thumb.jpeg.2e3ecb0596cd165ebc3fb2a1dd4d1c62.jpeg

IMG_1750.thumb.jpeg.3135b62f80e245297eda76270dc80bf5.jpeg

By my Canadian Poutine standards I’d give it a “B”. The bacon was a little inauthentic but I enjoyed it and the seasoned curly fries was a unique twist. 

IMG_1747.thumb.jpeg.635e204b521c2dea0d3b932be694db9b.jpeg

The Blues Brothers street performance was great. Went back and saw it twice. 

IMG_1722.thumb.jpeg.45dd2d104e086b01b40654cd4fe90ccd.jpeg

“Ruh Roh”

• Like 24

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

From our house too.  Hope those fractures heal quickly.  Our granddaughter did end up in a boot for her fracture, but I think she gets rid of it today.  Things have been sad at her house, because this Friday is the father daughter dance, and both of them have the flu and are slowly getting over it.

Happy birthday to Lisa.

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter ending up in a boot for her fracture.  Thank you for your good wishes for our grandson.

I'm also sorry that your granddaughter and SIL will be missing the Father-Daughter dance due to the Flu!  How are they feeling?  My granddaughter at URI is finally feeling better since having the Flu last week;  our grandson is getting over the Flu, and now his Mom (our daughter is all aches and pains, etc. since she also now has the Flu.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Update:

I am glad the surgery went well and hope you heal quickly.  My heart breaks that the celebration was marred by such a sad event.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

We did both times of course. That's why we knew first one was advertised at a lower HOA and HOA president herself assured us they had plenty if something came up, ... except they didnt have 100k plus extra when the elevator failed inspection. The sidewalk is sloped and water is still going down into the elevator shaft and now needs a architect to redesign the sidewalk now too. Hence the assessment first year I bought. 

This one we have the financials and also saw the tower I'm buying the board said $741 a month HOA just hasnt voted yes on it. My realtor dug and read that is how we found out about the unapproved HOA increase. I said after the first one let's make sure and found out again the advertised HOA will be increased by the time I close. Though at least they had the current HOA on the listing correct, unlike the first one, who was off by $25. But close. It's hard to predict something like water had been going into the elevator and ruined the motor etc and it all had to be replaced immediately. 

Twin towers over there I had looked at going real cheap right now. I passed, luckily but I heard all the balconys are being removed and rebuilt. My realtor says 19 units for sale in there. And another ocean front is also being hit just as hard by new inspections. The one I looked at in twin towers had original electric panel, only used in florida, which wouldn't pass to get insurance. My agent saw it and recognized immediately as he has worked in that area a lomg time. I wasnt up to changing a electric panel, dont know what's behind it. I saw a unit for sale oceanfront there now at $169k. Asked my realtor and he said that condo all the balconys are being removed and replaced. Scary stuff going on there. Where I bought is smaller, and only 3 stories. Fewer units to pay when something goes wrong. The new condo is much taller and newer. Though a bit further and not on the beach, only waterfront. But yea scary stuff going on there along the beach. My realtor has seen assessments of 40k to 55k in the last year.

We dug both times for all we could get hold of from HOA. It's the stuff the HOA doesnt know that's scary. Inspections are now tougher to pass. 

Wow, Jane!  It sounds like you've got a great realtor who knows their stuff.  I can't even imagine assessments in the 40k-55k range!!!!  Holy moly!  We just had an assessment in the $1500 range last year.  Unfortunately, there's been a rumor of another assessment.

Yes, the inspections are now much tougher to pass.  I can only hope that our Reserves are as good as we've been told.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Any word from Greg yet on his procedure?

Hope when he watches the tape of the parade he turns it off before the ending.

How sad 😞  for someone to ruin it with a shooting and injuring people like that on a such fun day.

OMG I just saw on the news.   That's horrible.  

Said they have 2 people in custody.   

• Like 4

What a crazy day.  Every day I got to the Gardens mall to walk and get a sandwich for lunch.  A normal day , which today was, I leave the mall at noon. About an hour later, Dw was watching tv in the other room when they had breaking news, there was a shooting at the mall. For reference, I am located in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.

I came back to my TV, to see what other local stations were reporting, Holy cow one station was reporting a shooting in St Lewis also.

At this point, Palm Beach Gardens  police think there was indeed think there was a shooting, and they may have found the victim at a local trauma  hospital. Now they have to search the CCTV videos to see if they can see the shooting. They do not think it was a random event , just a couple of people who don't like each other. 

One thing that was impressive is that the malls store employees have been trained on how to respond to active shooter events, this coming from reports from both employees and customers.

Sorry for the disruption to the Super Bowl victory event, but  its good to hear @Sea Dog surgery went well.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Not here on my end.

Still not on my end either. CC found a few more to send me.  I went from 863 to this number. 

IMG_6707.jpeg.f2b36bf4e48a9619e499ee531fe85912.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Update:

Greg, glad the surgery was a success.  Really hated to see that about the end of the parade. I hope they are able to find some answers to this senseless act. 

42 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter ending up in a boot for her fracture.  Thank you for your good wishes for our grandson.

I'm also sorry that your granddaughter and SIL will be missing the Father-Daughter dance due to the Flu!  How are they feeling?  My granddaughter at URI is finally feeling better since having the Flu last week;  our grandson is getting over the Flu, and now his Mom (our daughter is all aches and pains, etc. since she also now has the Flu.

I am not counting them out just yet.  She was fever free for 24 hours, which was required for her to return to school, so she made it back today.  SIL made it to work today, so he must be fever free also.  My guess is they will make Friday’s dance if they do not have a relapse. 

Just hoping my daughter does not get it. 

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG I just saw on the news.   That's horrible.  

Said they have 2 people in custody.   

They did have an update that they had 3 in custody, but they also updated the number shot.  Sadly, it included several children.

• Like 5

Sad to see the end to a happy day in KC, so senseless and disheartening to hear children are among the wounded.

Adding my birthday and anniversary wishes to all who are celebrating, along with a happy valentines day to all.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

What a crazy day.  Every day I got to the Gardens mall to walk and get a sandwich for lunch.  A normal day , which today was, I leave the mall at noon. About an hour later, Dw was watching tv in the other room when they had breaking news, there was a shooting at the mall. For reference, I am located in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.

I came back to my TV, to see what other local stations were reporting, Holy cow one station was reporting a shooting in St Lewis also.

At this point, Palm Beach Gardens  police think there was indeed think there was a shooting, and they may have found the victim at a local trauma  hospital. Now they have to search the CCTV videos to see if they can see the shooting. They do not think it was a random event , just a couple of people who don't like each other. 

One thing that was impressive is that the malls store employees have been trained on how to respond to active shooter events, this coming from reports from both employees and customers.

Sorry for the disruption to the Super Bowl victory event, but  its good to hear @Sea Dog surgery went well.

I had a lot of police cars fly past me on PGA...wondered what was going on! 

2 minutes ago, Boro45 said:

I had a lot of police cars fly past me on PGA...wondered what was going on! 

That was probably it.  I did not know we had so many police cars. Jupiter was there there also, along with PBSO