Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just got back from Paradise Beach on St. Croix. This is my first time at St. Croix. So I didn’t understand that St. Croix’s Paradise Beach is just a public beach. I booked an excursion through Royal Caribbean to Paradise Beach. I’m not sure why I expected this, but I expected some sort of exclusive experience. This was just public beach and they gave you a lounge chair. It was chaos all around me. They sold the chairs on the beach to anyone who showed up for $30. So of course, two families of four showed up asked about the chairs. They sold them one chair for $30 of which of them possessed all around me.  They set up blankets and towels and toys and every imaginable thing and I was surrounded. It was absolute chaos.  When I’m having a beach experience, I guess I like a certain degree exclusivity. It was a very disappointing experience. Thankfully I went to guest services immediately after getting on board explained why I left after 30 minutes, and they credited me. I headed up to the pool bar, got a drink, found a nice recliner up on deck 12, and life return to being good again. 

• Like 20

38 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thankfully I went to guest services immediately after getting on board explained why I left after 30 minutes, and they credited me

That was good that they did that. I wish Royal would be more clear on what the excursion really is. I know they leave out a lot of details.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Just got back from Paradise Beach on St. Croix. This is my first time at St. Croix. So I didn’t understand that St. Croix’s Paradise Beach is just a public beach. I booked an excursion through Royal Caribbean to Paradise Beach. I’m not sure why I expected this, but I expected some sort of exclusive experience. This was just public beach and they gave you a lounge chair. It was chaos all around me. They sold the chairs on the beach to anyone who showed up for $30. So of course, two families of four showed up asked about the chairs. They sold them one chair for $30 of which of them possessed all around me.  They set up blankets and towels and toys and every imaginable thing and I was surrounded. It was absolute chaos.  When I’m having a beach experience, I guess I like a certain degree exclusivity. It was a very disappointing experience. Thankfully I went to guest services immediately after getting on board explained why I left after 30 minutes, and they credited me. I headed up to the pool bar, got a drink, found a nice recliner up on deck 12, and life return to being good again. 

We went to that beach last October, but not as part of an excursion, and it was pretty miserable.  It was crowded, hot and we couldn't find anywhere to sit right away.  In fact, my DH sat on a stone wall in the shade for the most part.  Won't make that mistake again if we ever go back to St. Croix.  The saving grace is that it is "close" to the ship!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Good Morning all!  The countdown is on for my month long trek to Florida.  This time next week I will be on the way to DTW for my flight to Orlando.  Two nights in Orlando with a good friend who lives on Anna Maria Island and then on 3/1 she is bringing me to Port Canaveral where I will meet up with the lovely @Momof3gurlz, Deb, and her wonderful husband @Dadof3gurlz, Andy, for a 8nt trip on Adventure.  We are hoping @Tree_skier leaves her is good shape for us!   When we return from that I will spend another night in Orlando leaving on 3/10 to FLL via Brightline train to meet my DH, Dave.  On the 11th we board Celebrity Beyond with @Luckynana, Maryann and Jim, as well as Graham and Nikki!.   When we return on 3/22, DH will fly back to MI and I will pick up a rental car and drive to Sarasota and spend a week on Siesta Key with my dearest friend from College.  Home to MI on 4/1 where I hope spring is happening!  So, it is literally "planes, trains, automobiles and ships"!  😆

Can’t wait!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

23 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

We went to that beach last October, but not as part of an excursion, and it was pretty miserable.  It was crowded, hot and we couldn't find anywhere to sit right away.  In fact, my DH sat on a stone wall in the shade for the most part.  Won't make that mistake again if we ever go back to St. Croix.  The saving grace is that it is "close" to the ship!

It was actually anything BUT Paradise!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry that I haven’t been able to respond to anyone’s recent posts. We’ve been enjoying our Punta Cana trip. Very good so far. As expected, it’s a lot like being on a cruise with a private island plus the drink and unlimited specialty dining packages. I’ll post more with pics and videos when we get back…probably Saturday as we arrive home late on Friday.  Here’s a teaser though…the view from our room. 

APC_4134.thumb.jpeg.f07913faf9123c9df53d4602af730dba.jpeg

Where are you staying?

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

St Croix was the home of Johnny Wishbone.  If you had only talked to him first you never would have gone to Paradise Beach. Good to hear you got your money back. 

• Haha 10

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry that I haven’t been able to respond to anyone’s recent posts. We’ve been enjoying our Punta Cana trip. Very good so far. As expected, it’s a lot like being on a cruise with a private island plus the drink and unlimited specialty dining packages. I’ll post more with pics and videos when we get back…probably Saturday as we arrive home late on Friday.  Here’s a teaser though…the view from our room. 

@bobmacliberty  looks lovely.  We never been.  Aruba is always our land  based vacation choice.    How was the food?

• Like 1

@jmh2006  Wow Jen!  That's quite a busy whirlwind trip you'll be embarking on, starting with next week!  How great that you'll be cruising once again with Deb and Andy, visiting your dear friend, and then cruising on the Beyond with us, before then heading to Siesta Key.  Lucky, lucky, lady!!  How many suitcases will you be needing?   Looking forward to seeing you and Dave in 3 weeks!🥰

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Beautiful, Bob!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

How adorable!  They look like they are patiently waiting.  What good little kitties!

I miss the daily pictures our pet sitter used to send and will send agin shortly when we get two new kittens.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We are!!  However, Monday we had a glitch with Martha the Marvelous, our cat sitter.  On Sunday when she left our house the cats were lose in the house.  On Monday she opened the door to no cats!  When they hear the garage door open and close they are ALWAYS waiting for you at the door.  She found them in the guest bedroom…somehow they must have been wrestling and managed to close the door…effectively locking them in.  Poor things!  One had an accident and Martha was absolutely beside herself apologizing and I kept saying please, no, this certainly wasn’t your fault!!  More apologies…she’ll buy me a new comforter if the spot doesn’t come out…no, no, definitely not, this is not your fault!!  Meanwhile DH is insisting on looking at every text I’m sending in case I somehow offend MtheM.  As if!!!!  

Ahh, the poor babies.  Happy to hear they are ok. 😻  Martha must have been in panic mode when they weren't there to greet her. 

I'm sure he/she held it for as long as possible.  

• Like 3

Just booked a cruise for October 18, 2025. Oasis of the Seas 8 night out of Fort Lauderdale going to Aruba, Curacao and Perfect Day. Four sea days in all.

Come join us!!!!!!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

It is quiet here.

I had a Starbucks toasted fruit bread with butter and strawberry jam at the beach this morning.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Best wishes to all on Dani's thread for a happy day.

IMG_20240222_104949.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just booked a cruise for October 18, 2025. Oasis of the Seas 8 night out of Fort Lauderdale going to Aruba, Curacao and Perfect Day. Four sea days in all.

Come join us!!!!!!!

I’m tempted just so I can sail with the great @Sea Dog but that week doesn’t really work for me as well as we have that exact one booked in Dec. I need to book August or September to fit it in the calendar. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1