Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally!  Maybe this time it’s for real.  We are getting ready to board our flight to Japan after 6 attempts at visiting there since 2019.  Each time, it was cancelled because of chartered, changed ships, COVID, and lift and shifts.  But we stuck with it, hoping someday it would happen.  So, here we are, finally, 2024.  I am feeling nervous and excited.  We will be on a 2 week adventure on our own before boarding the Celebrity Millennium for a 12-Night cruise around Japan.  I am really excited about sharing this trip with you all.

IMG_8963.thumb.jpeg.6b1a85406642193cff71b29a66f7eba5.jpeg

IMG_8965.thumb.jpeg.db478f0a1481b02adbba469168061542.jpeg

So exciting, safe travels.  Looking forward to your wonderful pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks 😊 for the Happy Birthday wishes! 

Although many of the family was here yesterday,  they all plan to be here next weekend to celebrate my birthday!  Sharon's DB and wife came to spend a few days with us.

Friday Sharon spent hours leveling dirt between the garden beds.  Yesterday many spent time finishing the leveling and then laying down pea gravel.  Today they are spreading sand over the gravel, leveling the sand and then adding stepping stones/pavers.  It's all in an effort to make it easy for me to ride my electric chair into the garden!  What a loving family.   Lots of work!

• Like 31

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally!  Maybe this time it’s for real.  We are getting ready to board our flight to Japan after 6 attempts at visiting there since 2019.  Each time, it was cancelled because of chartered, changed ships, COVID, and lift and shifts.  But we stuck with it, hoping someday it would happen.  So, here we are, finally, 2024.  I am feeling nervous and excited.  We will be on a 2 week adventure on our own before boarding the Celebrity Millennium for a 12-Night cruise around Japan.  I am really excited about sharing this trip with you all.

IMG_8963.thumb.jpeg.6b1a85406642193cff71b29a66f7eba5.jpeg

IMG_8965.thumb.jpeg.db478f0a1481b02adbba469168061542.jpeg

Best wishes for an amazing holiday and fabulous cruise.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Although many of the family was here yesterday,  they all plan to be here next weekend to celebrate my birthday!  Sharon's DB and wife came to spend a few days with us.

Friday Sharon spent hours leveling dirt between the garden beds.  Yesterday many spent time finishing the leveling and then laying down pea gravel.  Today they are spreading sand over the gravel, leveling the sand and then adding stepping stones/pavers.  It's all in an effort to make it easy for me to ride my electric chair into the garden!  What a loving family.   Lots of work!

This is really nice to hear how much your family cares about you and that they are all willing to go the extra mile happily.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My god daughters mother died this afternoon from Leukemia.Her husband passed away and left her with a 5 year old daughter.

She remarried a few years later and the guy was a great step-father.He passed away about 10 years ago.My god daughter was devastated but not to the degree that she is today.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What a wonderful gift.  Happy belated birthday.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My god daughters mother died this afternoon from Leukemia.Her husband passed away and left her with a 5 year old daughter.

She remarried a few years later and the guy was a great step-father.He passed away about 10 years ago.My god daughter was devastated but not to the degree that she is today.

Sincere condolences to your god-daughter.

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I'm so sorry for your god daughter.   What a sad situation.