Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@ReneeFLL if you haven’t been to the  Crown Sydney at Barangaroo on previous visits, they now have a FREE observation deck (Sky Deck) on the 83rd floor.  I had to cancel my booking a few months back due to the vertigo so haven’t been up there yet but it offers a 30min guided tour with views over Sydney Harbour, Bridge & Opera House.  Bookings must be made online in advance. Not sure how long you are in Sydney for (it is closed on Thursdays & Fridays & public holidays)

We will be there for 6 days. I’ll have to look into getting reservations for the Sky Deck.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are doing okay.   Thanks for asking.   After getting through all the additional testing last week, and getting things coordinated between the five hospitals involved with the tests, she is scheduled to start treatments tomorrow. 

Given the long wait times on hold, and the difficulty in getting tests scheduled, you would thinK that Royal was handling their phone lines.

We will be thinking of your daughter and your family while she goes thru these trying times.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sitting in traffic.   1661701013480197825213790452998.thumb.jpg.9f386ea134ca559cf5951c105579c54c.jpg

Parking your car at the pier? How much per day is it now?  Guessing you didn't make your 11am check in time then?

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@ReneeFLL if you haven’t been to the  Crown Sydney at Barangaroo on previous visits, they now have a FREE observation deck (Sky Deck) on the 83rd floor.  I had to cancel my booking a few months back due to the vertigo so haven’t been up there yet but it offers a 30min guided tour with views over Sydney Harbour, Bridge & Opera House.  Bookings must be made online in advance. Not sure how long you are in Sydney for (it is closed on Thursdays & Fridays & public holidays)

Is it easy to get reservations? Looks like they open them a month in advance. I looked for some this month out of curiosity and it didn’t seem like there were hardly any.

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Is it easy to get reservations? Looks like they open them a month in advance. I looked for some this month out of curiosity and it didn’t seem like there were hardly any.

When I made our booking for May, I had no problem getting a weekend booking but maybe there is less availability now because of the reduced days they are open.  Hopefully, if you look book as soon as the 30 days open, you can secure a booking for your dates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had a boss once who said that I was like a duck...calm and floating along above the surface but kicking like crazy below the surface.  For me, stress showed up as hypertension.  Retirement does wonderful things for stress!

For me after my minor heart attack caused by stress in December 2019 I was prescribed

Bisoprolol which is a Beta blocker and it works extremely well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Retirement does wonderful things for stress!

I find when people ask how my retirement is going some want a negative response 🙄 so this is my response......

You know, they say retirement is a great thing..... (pause...).... It's a whole lot better than that!

Those that laugh I know are happy I am enjoying retirement.  A couple you can tell are not.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sitting in traffic.   1661701013480197825213790452998.thumb.jpg.9f386ea134ca559cf5951c105579c54c.jpg

That is always the worst part of leaving from Bayonne. There were a lot of cars pulling off to the side and letting the passengers out with their luggage. I guess they figured faster to walk than wait in traffic. I also think they might have been Ubers or Lift.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I always tell people “I’m so busy doing nothing I don’t have time to do anything.”

51 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I find when people ask how my retirement is going some want a negative response 🙄 so this is my response......

You know, they say retirement is a great thing..... (pause...).... It's a whole lot better than that!

Those that laugh I know are happy I am enjoying retirement.  A couple you can tell are not.

Yep. If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand. 😁

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

That is always the worst part of leaving from Bayonne. There were a lot of cars pulling off to the side and letting the passengers out with their luggage. I guess they figured faster to walk than wait in traffic. I also think they might have been Ubers or Lift.

Bayonne has always had traffic congestion .

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

Both @John&LaLa and @Ourusualbeach can confirm that, as my screen name suggests, my hair really does resemble a rusted out blob of steel wool.... which makes me kinda hard to miss!

She's right.  I met her in January on the Navigator.  Walked up to her, and said you must be "Brillo". 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When people ask  me, I tell them it is the best job I have ever had. 😁

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:
38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The cats all seem to be doing the same thing today.20220828_142803.thumb.jpg.18ab080b20a027257b6fc79f8ba8d4f7.jpg

I always tell people “I’m so busy doing nothing I don’t have time to do anything.”

Yes, but Jade always seems to be in your lap...which indicates that you are too....😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Yes, but Jade always seems to be in your lap...which indicates that you are too....😂😂

After being away all day yesterday I don't feel like I can make her move. I have flashbacks to when she lived under furniture. I've always been a pushover for the furry things in the house. She did open her eyes and change position.

20220828_154636.thumb.jpg.6f60f4cca272c0235e94fbbcbb6910a7.jpg

• Like 25

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

After being away all day yesterday I don't feel like I can make her move. I have flashbacks to when she lived under furniture. I've always been a pushover for the furry things in the house. She did open her eyes and change position.

That’s a look of adoration if I ever saw one.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending your daughter our prayers and best wishes for the start of her treatments tomorrow.

Thank you, and also thanks to everyone else who expressed well wishes for tomorrow.  

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum Mark, good for you that you retain your sense of humor. Even "black humor" helps. I'm keeping your daughter, grands and all your family in my thoughts.

I know both Susan and I had one of those black humor moments;  she, while listening to the hold music for the hospitals, and me while listening to Royal Caribbean hold music at the same time.  We were trying to decide which one we liked to listen to for an hour.  We decided neither one. 

By the way, if anyone wants to listen to an hour and a half of Royal Caribbean phone reps, I have an hour and a half that I made for quality assurance purposes.  Who knew the Apple voice memos would record that long. 🤷

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Me too!  She is such a beautiful cat, and that look on her face says I love you Daddy.

• Like 4