Let’s see how long

iggyc

Let’s see how long people can post positive things about ncl before someone has to post something negative. I’m betting we don’t get to page2

ncl has always gone the extra step for me and my family. First cruise was to Alaska and I was recovering from cancer. My kids wrote to ncl to let them know it was a special trip. Ncl pampered us the entire time and we also had dinner with the captain

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

NCL went the extra step for me, refunding all my payments plus giving me over $1,000 In future cruise credits when they overbooked our Gem cruise and asked me to do them a favor and cancel my cruise 2 months before sailing.  That was the good old days when they really knew how to refund and give credits.  Have not been that lucky since.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iggyc said:

Let’s see how long people can post positive things about ncl before someone has to post something negative. I’m betting we don’t get to page2

ncl has always gone the extra step for me and my family. First cruise was to Alaska and I was recovering from cancer. My kids wrote to ncl to let them know it was a special trip. Ncl pampered us the entire time and we also had dinner with the captain

I'm wondering why we need a thread to post good things about NCL? What purpose does this serve? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm wondering why we need a thread to post good things about NCL? What purpose does this serve? 

NCL continues to be an industry leader with the youngest fleet of ships for the contemporary cruiser. We look forward to be cruising again on NCL. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, iggyc said:

I can't help thinking "why would you ask for trouble" ? We didn't get past the second post!

We are looking forward to cruising on NCL soon. I always feel at home on NCL ships with the relaxed, fun atmosphere. I really miss dinner and a show date nights with my husband. We never get a chance to do that at home. On a ship we get the added benefit of not having to drive home after having cocktails 🥂🍹

• Like 2

I know it already got ruined...

But I was on Epic's last cruise. Absolutely nothing bad to say about NCL on that cruise and they did great on it and managing the changes. 

The only negative thing I could say on it was they probably should have warned people ahead of time that the internet was going to be a clusterf&%$ for a while (free internet for everyone plus on a different route than planned satellites for the ship). I figured it out, but that was that biggest point of contention I heard. 

I’m challenging myself to find more positive things in life. My mom used to say we find what we are looking for. So thank you to those who found good things to say. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Bliss twice last year.  The CDs on the ship for both trips were MUCH better than the CDs on either of my RCI cruises.  On the Bliss I was able to identify them readily, and they were personable and always willing to have a quick chat.  They interacted with the guests and staff during activities and were overall wonderful.

The entertainment staff on the second trip were GREAT, also very personable and made us feel like they were making a connection.  I would travel on almost any ship with any of them (including the CD's) on it.

12 hours ago, iggyc said:

you didnt even make it past the first sentence of the first post! lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just like anything else, there are good things and bad things about NCL. They aren't perfect.

However, in my experience, even the bad things don't fall to the level of the h8ters on this forum.

• Like 1

We only cruise with NCL ( we strayed one time and hated it)  We are now Platinum plus.  NCL just gives us the product we are looking for.  My DH's first cruise was 10 years ago and I was a bit concerned if cruising was going to be his thing and he loved it.  Why?  Because he likes the whole relaxed theme, he is not one to dress up or big on formal dining and settings.

NCL has always treated us well and we have not had any bad experiences.  Not that everything was perfect on each cruise but nothing that would ruin it either.  I have been cruising with them since 2006 and will continue.  We have 3 cruises cruises booked thru 2022 and will be waiting for 2023.  I have been called an NCL cheerleader and I am proud to say "yes I am".

• Like 3

We have only sailed NCL since 2009 and have met great people, enjoyed our cruises except maybe one and have always been met with great staff mostly on the smaller ships. We have liked NCL for the itineraries, and the freestyle. We are not blind though, sailing just NCL all these years also gives you the realization where NCL has decreased in service and value. Are we going to sail NCL again? of course, we still have 4 cruise next certificates but before this pandemic happened we had made the decision to try other cruise lines. We are not cheerleaders of this cruise line, although some people believe being on this cruise line for so long we should be, but again we do it for the comfort of  the freestyle and because they had the itineraries we wanted.

• Like 1

Well always have good cruises on all lines we have been on. 

The crew on NCL has always been wonderful. Was loyal to another line for 20+ cruises over the years but after a year of treatment was told in remission we celebrated on a trip NYC round trip Bahamas on NCL Gem. The crew made me feel special and it was a trip so great (even though my taste buds were still out of wack) we tried them again the next year, then the next etc. :). We travel only NCL for all home port cruises (that would be Boston or NY). It's not the ships so much we are not social folk's but the crew. Some foods I look forward to (foodie here) and just the easy feeling we have on NCL. Even POA that we were told crew was not the best, found this not to be the case. Looking forward to next May.

All kidding aside my wife and I have been on 10 cruises, all with NCL. Every cruise was great, once cruise we went to Florida and not Bermuda, not NCL's fault and everyone made the best of it. We have found 99% of the crew members to be fantastic.

4 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

All kidding aside my wife and I have been on 10 cruises, all with NCL. Every cruise was great, once cruise we went to Florida and not Bermuda, not NCL's fault and everyone made the best of it. We have found 99% of the crew members to be fantastic.

Now this is a post I would expect from you after reading so many of our cc posts.....your first reply I wondered what had happened to you...

Edited by TSUmom
  • Like 1

Just now, TSUmom said:

Now this is a post I would expect from you after reading so many of our cc posts.....the first what I wondered what had happened to you...

Lol

They were all great, the only minor glitch we had outside of the non Bermuda cruise was returning on our 14 day cruise out of NYC. We had 3 sea days back from our last port, St Lucia? We the last two sea days were really nasty, cold, windy and wet. All of the outside decks were closed so you have 4000 plus pax jammed inside for 48 hours. The only thing that saved us were the spa passes!. Again, not the fault of NCL. The salt spray was so bad off the east coast we had about a 1/4 inch of salt built up on the starboard side of the ship Lol

On 5/13/2020 at 6:19 AM, iggyc said:

I’m challenging myself to find more positive things in life. My mom used to say we find what we are looking for. So thank you to those who found good things to say. 

It sounds to me as though you were blessed with a very wise mother.

I enjoy sailing with NCL, and have always found more to celebrate than to complain about. People can find the negative in almost any situation, but life is too short to dwell on the bad. I prefer to accept the greatness of the moments that make life special. I have tried HAL, Celebrity, Princess, Royal, and Carnival. Each offered great experiences and unique adventures. I am looking forward to sailing again next year and hope to share the experience with other positive thinkers. 

Keep looking for the best in everything, and keep yourselves safe. Best wishes