If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

What part of tragic do you not understand?  How do you feel about the societal consequences?

I feel for folks like Firefly's dad. 

Over 100 and a prisoner in his final days.

Or those that don't have ability to work from home and don't know how to make a living.

#4weeks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I feel for folks like Firefly's dad. 

Over 100 and a prisoner in his final days.

Or those that don't have ability to work from home and don't know how to make a living.

#4weeks

Yeah, it is always just a short time we lose liberty, and then those in power realize they enjoy exercising power.  4 weeks to flatten the curve as we have passed 10 months.  

I thank the good lord that the wife and I work in essential businesses and essential jobs.  We have worked everyday since, only worked a few days from home just because I could.  On the other hand missing out on needed vacations is starting to wear hard on many, my DW and I included.  Many of my sale people worked from home for months.  Which is a real emotional downer for those in the warehouse filling orders, delivering orders and doing real essential jobs who do not have the luxury of staying home.  Lots of things in this world that cause stress, and just because we accept our situation or even enjoy it doesn’t mean it is not negatively affecting others....

Guilting me will never ever ever work... 😇

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ace2542 said:

So my question. What happens to the sample they take beyond being tested for antibody?. Will they test for other medical conditions if they can? Diabetes or STD's or who knows what?. Does it get passed to I don't know your FBI and added into your CODIS  database that they speak of on CSI? Or in UK does it get put into our DNA database? If so I would like to be informed of it, consent to it and not have it done behind my back.

Why are you asking so many questions that you know no one on here has the answers to? Maybe you should go and write a crime novel with all of your speculations and see if you get your answers. Then come back on here and report your findings. 

5 hours ago, ace2542 said:

About 4 months ago they solved a double murder from 1987. They appealed on Crimewatch UK's version of America Most Wanted or Unsolved Mysteries a number of times. They got nowhere for many many years. They had a full dna profile of the murderer yet to nothing to match it against for 30 plus years. Yet  they charged a 66 year old man. How did they catch him do you think? The DNA from a testing kit? It must be? So if they have done it once they will do it again. I don't care you keep my DNA or not. But i would like to be informed of it.

Because they caught the guy you are assuming that it must be true they used DNA? You assume and speculate to much. Watch the show again for your answers.

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why are you asking so many questions that you know no one on here has the answers to? Maybe you should go and write a crime novel with all of your speculations and see if you get your answers. Then come back on here and report your findings. 

Because they caught the guy you are assuming that it must be true they used DNA? You assume and speculate to much. Watch the show again for your answers.

They wouldn't have charged him if his DNA didn't match to the profile of the killer would they?. There are 2 ways it has happened that I can see. 1 a family member has been arrested for something probably an anti lockdown protest or they got the DNA from the testing kit. One of the big conspiracy theories being banded about here with this if they are attempting to put everyone's DNA on the national database. If there is even a grain of truth to that then do you not think if they can they will get  blood sample from antibody testing and get your DNA that way.

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

What if your son or daughter loses hope and dies of a heroin overdose?  Are you so sure locking things down isn’t causing that?  Studies show that suicides among the young are up.  There is no doubt that isolation can lead to depression, depression can lead to drug abuse.  Many millions of people have lost jobs and careers.  All of these things are risk factors are just as real as death by Covid.  Hard for me not being all wise to say one is worse than the other. 

It is harder to quantify when most people who are dying with Covid are not exactly the healthiest people to begin with, but every 20 year old who commits suicide or dies of an overdose is a tragedy as well.  

Every family that falls apart because of economic distress of loss of jobs is another potential tragedy as children grow up in broken homes.

All I am saying is it is not a simple black and white issue, where one choice, the ones that many governors are making is superior to the choices other governors are making.

jc

Thank you for those words, jc.  I hope yokimax gets it.

17 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Children can and are asymptomatic carriers.  If they are not allowed to or their parents will not let them get vaccinated, they should not be allowed to cruise.  Your rights to do things stop when they might impact my health.

DON

There won't be a vaccine for children this year. If there is one, it will be 12 years and up. How about if there never a vaccine for children under 2 (for argument sake), does that mean parents with toddlers can no longer cruise?

Although I agree that children can be asymptomatic carries, banning children will cost the cruise-line a ton of money. I personally don't see a 'vaccine mandate' for guests that want to sail. The crew definitely WILL be vaccinated. For guests (including children) it will most likely be either a vaccine requirement or some sort of testing requirement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exm said:

There won't be a vaccine for children this year. If there is one, it will be 12 years and up. How about if there never a vaccine for children under 2 (for argument sake), does that mean parents with toddlers can no longer cruise?

Although I agree that children can be asymptomatic carries, banning children will cost the cruise-line a ton of money. I personally don't see a 'vaccine mandate' for guests that want to sail. The crew definitely WILL be vaccinated. For guests (including children) it will most likely be either a vaccine requirement or some sort of testing requirement.

I would guess if there isn’t a vaccine for children under the age of 2 then Royal would let them cruise. If they didn’t do you think there are that many families with kids under this age? 

Children can and are asymptomatic carriers.  If they are not allowed to or their parents will not let them get vaccinated, they should not be allowed to cruise.  Your rights to do things stop when they might impact my health.

DON

I

Oh boy!  I wasn't talking about my "rights"...  Just asking a question as currently both my children are under 13... Though if allowed I'd make sure they were one of the first in line as my husband is immune compromised.

DON

This is why I hope that smoking is 100% banned on all Royal ships. I have a really good feeling that it will happen. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you for those words, jc.  I hope yokimax gets it.

I do.  Over 400,000 have now died from COVID.  Suicide, as horrendous as it is, totaled 48,000.

So is it then your argument that younger lives are significantly more valuable than older lives?

DON

20 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

Oh boy!  I wasn't talking about my "rights"...  Just asking a question as currently both my children are under 13... Though if allowed I'd make sure they were one of the first in line as my husband is immune compromised.

I would not worry that much.  If kids can sail without being vaccinated by RC or CDC rulings etc, and everyone else has to be, then others can determine if they want to cruise or not.

In reality anything we do on a daily basis could impact people's health, let alone unvaccinated children going on a cruise ship.  That really is the smallest on concerns when looking at the world at this moment in time. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

I must add that cruising is a voluntary leisure activity. Having said that if vaccines are not mandated in order to cruise people have the absolute right to not cruise if they don't feel safe in doing so. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

To be fair, so do many others. 

To be fair, people need to understand the protecting the health of Americans and reopening businesses are not exclusive to one another.  They both can take place when done wisely.  

It is not an ether/or situation.  The solution lies is making decisions based on wisdom and not political rhetoric.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I do.  Over 400,000 have now died from COVID.  Suicide, as horrendous as it is, totaled 48,000.

So is it then your argument that younger lives are significantly more valuable than older lives?

The overall mortality rate is pretty much the same over the last few years.  I would venture to say the figure of those who have died from COVID is politically motivated.  It seems to scare people -- I see it's  mission accomplished.  

You can't tell me John Glenn's wife who was 100 years old in a nursing home, listed as a COVID death -- I  would say she died of old age.  Hospitals get more money for COVID deaths than they do from natural or other causes.  When in doubt, blame COVID.  Let's get those stats up.  I don't trust Gov't.  🍷

• Like 2

On 12/23/2020 at 7:52 AM, bouhunter said:

The only thing sad about it is that some financial analyst actually thinks he can predict what any industry will look like TEN YEARS FROM NOW and it ends up being a topic of discussion here.  And it is not "news".

21 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Please show me if I am wrong but the 48,000 suicide number is from 2018 not 2020 posted by CDC.  What you left out is that there was also 1.4 million attempted suicides.  Why did you chose to leave that out?

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wait, they aren’t they sailing from Europe anymore?  Wasn’t it Italy that was allowing sailings?

From what I can find, there are no ocean liner cruises leaving from Italy, or anyplace else. I don’t know when they stopped. Costa is talking about one ship starting this January 31 and MSC is talking one ship this February 14.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

The overall mortality rate is pretty much the same over the last few years.  I would venture to say the figure of those who have died from COVID is politically motivated.  It seems to scare people -- I see it's  mission accomplished.  

You can't tell me John Glenn's wife who was 100 years old in a nursing home, listed as a COVID death -- I  would say she died of old age.  Hospitals get more money for COVID deaths than they do from natural or other causes.  When in doubt, blame COVID.  Let's get those stats up.  I don't trust Gov't.  🍷

The death toll from COVID is probably significantly UNDERCOUNTED.  It may be a year or 2 until we know the real numbers.  It will probably be an estimate at that point.  Based on analysis of overall deaths.

• Like 3