Value of Diamond Plus compare to Diamond?

Oxo

Free bag of laundry, one extra day of internet, BOGO at a specialty restaurant and the different amenity choices that you get at 175, 350 and 540 points are the ones easily quantifiable in $.  Maybe $100 to $150 per person if you used everything and you would have bought them if they weren't given for free.  In reality it may be closer to $0 - $50 as I'm sure many would not pay for many of the extra benefits

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Free bag of laundry, one extra day of internet, BOGO at a specialty restaurant and the different amenity choices that you get at 175, 350 and 540 points are the ones easily quantifiable in $.  Maybe $100 to $150 per person if you used everything and you would have bought them if they weren't given for free.  In reality it may be closer to $0 - $50 as I'm sure many would not pay for many of the extra benefits

We have never used the BOGO for a specialty restaurant.  We would not pay for laundry or internet service if we did not get these as a perk. The amenities are nice to get but we would not buy them, either. 

I like being D+.  What I’ve always wondered is what is the worth of being Pinnacle relative to D+? 😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

D+ also gets some extra goodies in their stateroom upon embarkation, such as beer, soda, wine, or whatever you choose ahead of time.  On longer cruises, the two free bags of laundry (if you are both D+) is nice.  🍷

28 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I like being D+.  What I’ve always wondered is what is the worth of being Pinnacle relative to D+? 😂

Sherri🙂

Pinnacle gets access to the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen no matter what cabin they book

The free internet is Surf not Surf & Stream so it is really poor.  The free laundry is really good to have on long cruises such as a Transatlantic.  Be aware it isn't just anything in the bag.

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

What do you think D+ is worth compared to D in $ or Sterling?

I posted this under another thread, but thought it would be of value on its own.

Last cruise on Explorer we did a free galley tour.

The cruise before on Freedom we did a free Bridge tour.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We often use the BOGO specialty restaurant. I use my card for the first night and we use my husband’s for the second night. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mets123 said:

Don't forget the better discounts for balconies and special seating at shows for D+.

On our last few cruises D+ no longer got special seating at the shows.

It was for Pinnacle and Suites only....

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've saved a significant amount of $$$ using the 150% solo supplement awarded at the 340 pt level. Easily the most value available.😁

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bethco said:

The free internet is Surf not Surf & Stream so it is really poor.  

Free Surf internet or ~$46 off a plan.  For short cruises it amounts to free or nearly free S&S.  

I used to wait until day two or three to buy S&S and applied the $46 to the remainder of the cruise plan.     I had a whole spreadsheet going that let me know if waiting until day two was worth it based on length of cruise and Voom price in the cruise planner. 

Besides, Surf works for wifi calling and iMessage/WhatsApp so the Voom discount was something I used every cruise.

Over several cruises I got a lot of value from the Voom perk and the extra day for D+ was definitely noticeable for my use cases.

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

Free Surf internet or ~$46 off a plan.  For short cruises it amounts to free or nearly free S&S.  

I used to wait until day two or three to buy S&S and applied the $46 to the remainder of the cruise plan.     I had a whole spreadsheet going that let me know if waiting until day two was worth it based on length of cruise and Voom price in the cruise planner. 

Besides, Surf works for wifi calling and iMessage/WhatsApp so the Voom discount was something I used every cruise.

Over several cruises I got a lot of value from the Voom perk and the extra day for D+ was definitely noticeable for my use cases.

On many ships, the stream is no better than the surf. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me the uplift to D+ seemed minor upon getting there but looking back I have used a lot of the perks and do feel that it is a noticeable upgrade above D. 

My first D+ cruise was on a refreshed ship with no CL but I knew that booking it.  I've sailed a number of elite heavy sailings that blocked D+ from the CL so that is one perk that didn't achieved much for me.  However when blocked from the CL they offered a better or expanded D lounge so I was fine losing CL access.

The Deluxe Beverage package 30% off meant I didn't have to watch DX prices in the cruise planner which generally at best reach 30% in real math (not Royal math).  If I was in the mood for the DX once on board I went for fit it.  If not I went without.  That meant I could make a game day decision without having to fret about it leading up the cruise.  Plus waiting until day two to buy DX using the D+ discount often had better value and saved a day of DX cost.  I liked this perk even if I didn't use it every cruise.

I was selective in using the BOGO specialty dinner.  Some ships I really like one venue or another so I might go for it, especially if I had some OBC to use up.   Some ships don't entice me to do specialty.  I like having the perk when I want it.  

The additional CAS tours was something I used a good bit when first achieved.   Once I had been on a bridge or galley tour on a specific ship it wasn't something I felt the need to repeat every cruise.

The 340pt 150% solo supplement was instrumental in cruising more.  This perk has saved me a significant amount of money but I often sail solo so YMMV.  

Combining the 340 solo perk with the CAS balcony DX discount I often found the difference to have a balcony was reasonable or sometimes cheaper than OV.   Generally speaking I've done balconies more as I have climbed.

The extra bottles of wine as you climb is appreciated.  Combined with happy hour this means I often don't need the DX.

The bag of laundry is something I use every cruise but only for select apparel, they are rough on nice things.  

Voom explained in previous post.  As a frequent Voom consumer this perk has had value for me.  If you don't use Voom, well, enough said.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3

It is the anticipation of reaching D+   We were planning on reaching D+ in March then May then June then July then August then September but those were each cancelled.  Now we are hoping for December'20 or January'21 or March '21.  Anticipation is the only benefit so far for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

On our last few cruises D+ no longer got special seating at the shows.

It was for Pinnacle and Suites only....

Our last cruise was this past January on the Anthem. Still doing it in the main theater as well as 270.