If this is the case from the CDC we are screwed

tallnthensome

The only way cruising will happen for 2021 at this point is 100% vaccination requirements and no Covid testing requirements on board if all are vaccinated. Nobody will risk the time and money if the CDC plans it this way with quarantines. One false positive is all it would take. It’s stupid ..... no thanks . I’ll get the vaccine. From yesterday: 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23962-the-cdc-may-require-full-ship-quarantine-for-single-positive-case.html

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

Realistically, I've felt we are screwed all along.  Wishful thinking just isn't going to make this mess work.   Until all passengers wishing to sail are vaccinated, there's no way the cruise line can come close to insuring a Covid free cruise.  I can't even speculate any more as to when cruising might resume.  The future is very uncertain.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

The only way cruising will happen for 2021 at this point is 100% vaccination requirements and no Covid testing requirements on board if all are vaccinated. Nobody will risk the time and money if the CDC plans it this way with quarantines. One false positive is all it would take. It’s stupid ..... no thanks . I’ll get the vaccine. From yesterday: 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23962-the-cdc-may-require-full-ship-quarantine-for-single-positive-case.html

I guess someone at cruiseindustrynews.com just got around to reading the CDC  Conditional Sailing Order. This has been part of the order from the day it was published, October 30.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

I guess someone at cruiseindustrynews.com just got around to reading the CDC  Conditional Sailing Order. This has been part of the order from the day it was published, October 30.

They are just looking for clicks.  Usual BS hype from the press.  Based on the number of grammatical errors and misspelled words in the article, I would trust my 3 year old granddaughter more.  🤣

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

It might appear that the CDC, when the vaccinations are implemented, either gives the cruise lines options, or mandates, passenger vaccination status.  If such is required under either, it would appear reasonable to expect the CDC to modify the "ship-wide" quarantine aspect of the article (and the CDC order) given that everyone on the ship will have vaccination status.  Then again, there is the % efficacy factor and the 5% (or more, as that number is modified through implementation of the vaccinations), so one really never knows when it comes to the CDC and its affection for the cruise industry. 🤨

I'm supportive of the upgraded sanitization protocols, air filtration and related fresh air protocols and changed buffet protocols.  I also support masks for those with "any" transmittable illness of potential serious concern.

Again, the CDC is and will be a real concern to the cruise lines and those who desire to cruise.  It's a new world and, under the Great Reset, cruising is and will be deemed discriminatory across many societal lines, not essential and inequitable use of limited global resources.  Not my ethos, just a looming reality.

As an aside, the TSA passenger count for the past 2-weeks is approximately EQUAL in volume to the total North American cruise passenger count for the entire 2019 year.

You see, transit to the airport, the ticketing and luggage kiosks, the gate area, the food courts, boarding and seating while the air transmission is not active as in air, and repeat at deplaning IS SAFE compared to a cruise in a bubble.  🙊🙈🙉 

Listen to the science (the virus knows if your assembly is to worship versus protest, if your dining before 10PM or after, etc.).  😲  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Nothing new here as these have been the guidelines since the CDC published the new 'return' to cruise order. I was surprised CI published the article yesterday, since it seems 'old news' but

the one piece of info in the article that I believe is critical is the  "non-commercial transportation" portion. The article states they aren't sure if it's all passengers, infected passengers, or contact traced passengers will need non-commercial transportation. I thought initially the cdc order stated it was all passengers which is, imo, a final nail in the coffin, so there is a glimmer of hope here if the article is correct. Still waiting on the technical sheet which will explain the details. 

"Disembarkation then must follow new yet-to-be-seen CDC guidelines, and will involve noncommercial transportation, although the CDC does not specify whether that is for all guests or just possible COVID-19 infected guests or those that have had contact with he infected passenger(s)."

I have said repeatedly on these forums that cruising remains essentially pointless as long as quarantine of all passengers and termination of the sailing is the mandated response to a positive case onboard.

Until this changes why spend your vacation time and dollars waiting to be quarantined?

On a land based vacation only the person testing positive and their traveling party are impacted typically.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GA Dave said:

They are just looking for clicks.  Usual BS hype from the press.  Based on the number of grammatical errors and misspelled words in the article, I would trust my 3 year old granddaughter more.  🤣

I agree.

My favorite sentence is:

The Framework for Conditional Sailing Order states that in case of a positive COVID-19 case, a cruise line must first notify passengers and crew, and then immediately end the future.

End the future ?

What time do the executions start 

Do suite passengers go first or last?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

No no no. That is NOT what the order states. The order states that if a certain threshold of cases is reached (# of passengers/crew or percent passengers and crew of the total vessel occupancy) which will be disclosed in a technical order forthcoming (most likely done on a ship by ship basis) then all will quarantine and the vessel will return to home US port. 

If it is below the threshold those crew and passengers will quanranitne only and life will move on. More than one test will be administered to ensure its not a flase positive per person. 

Only those who disembark testing positive will be required to take a private chartered aircraft home, all others upon testing negative on arrival will return home normally. 

These vloggers are getting desperate guys. I feel for them if this is their income but you need to not take YouTube “influencers” and Vloggers word for everything. If we did, all the cruise lines would have gone out of business and scrapped all cruise ships in the world months ago..

• Like 4

11 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Vaccinations for the general population of the US are a long ways off (some news said as long as a year). Did you see all of those trucks of vaccine leaving the Pfizer plant in Belgium heading for ferries over to the UK? They have a paying customer that will take any and all vaccine that is available while the US will be waiting on an FDA approval for another couple of weeks.... waiting for production vs. getting all of the stockpiled vaccine.  

58 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

No no no. That is NOT what the order states. The order states that if a certain threshold of cases is reached (# of passengers/crew or percent passengers and crew of the total vessel occupancy) which will be disclosed in a technical order forthcoming (most likely done on a ship by ship basis) then all will quarantine and the vessel will return to home US port. 

If it is below the threshold those crew and passengers will quanranitne only and life will move on. More than one test will be administered to ensure its not a flase positive per person. 

Only those who disembark testing positive will be required to take a private chartered aircraft home, all others upon testing negative on arrival will return home normally. 

These vloggers are getting desperate guys. I feel for them if this is their income but you need to not take YouTube “influencers” and Vloggers word for everything. If we did, all the cruise lines would have gone out of business and scrapped all cruise ships in the world months ago..

I don't believe you can make these claims just yet..  Here is a cut and paste directly from the CDC Conditional sailing order. There is MUCH left unknown.

Notice in #1 that a 'threshold' will be defined by the technical sheet (that is yet to be published). It could be one passenger, two, ten, 100. We don't know.  

Notice in #3 that ALL passengers are quarantined when threshold is reached (see #1)

#4:  We  don't know what the 'local health' agreement is i

#5 does not distinguish between infected verses negative for returning on noncommercial transportation. 

image.png.4fc806db2e5a3637cd0ebd371edc8733.png

image.png.efdac5974f6eb52ff87abf61e10f439b.png

I just read the technical sheet published for crew. I still do not see the technical sheet pertaining to passengers. Here is where it gets tricky:

Green: zero covid onboard. Next yellow then red. 

image.png.c933682fbc08f03078fcfe9ada85f2bd.png

In order for noncommercial transportation to be used, the ship must be green. But notice that once the ship goes yellow or red it will take 28 days to go back to green. Again, this is just for crew, so not sure if this will change with paying passengers, but it looks like noncommercial transportation for everyone if a ship moves into the yellow or red. Please correct me if I"m misreading this.....

image.png.1dfcc76e3d210c497b61c4480b0e3154.png

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Vaccinations for the general population of the US are a long ways off (some news said as long as a year). Did you see all of those trucks of vaccine leaving the Pfizer plant in Belgium heading for ferries over to the UK? They have a paying customer that will take any and all vaccine that is available while the US will be waiting on an FDA approval for another couple of weeks.... waiting for production vs. getting all of the stockpiled vaccine.  

My employer is getting the vaccine between 12/11-12/18 here in mi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susandt said:

My employer is getting the vaccine between 12/11-12/18 here in mi

Great!

So,,, the State of Michigan is responsible for distribution in accordance with their COVID vaccine plan (below). Your employer must be bypassing the Federal and State governments to get their stash.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/coronavirus/COVID-19_Vaccination_Plan_for_Michigan_InterimDraft10162020_705598_7.pdf

The idea that cases ever can or will be driven down to 0 is a fallacy, nor do they need to be given the high survivability rates in the vast majority of people.  There will come a time where COVID-19 is just another disease and the hysteria will die down.  This will come through a combination of vaccination driving down the transmission rates and improved treatment methods increasing survivability in the more vulnerable.  That will drive the return to normalcy both on cruises and on shore.  The only uncertainty is the timeline, but hopefully we'll be there by the end of 2021.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Fortunately the U.K. could foresee a vaccine was the answer, unlike the USA who’s leader convinced everyone that a 74 year old could recover in 10 days....

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Trimone said:

Fortunately the U.K. could foresee a vaccine was the answer, unlike the USA who’s leader convinced everyone that a 74 year old could recover in 10 days....

Indeed, although I remain unconvinced that particular >70 year old had COVID-19....remember who coined the phrase 'fake news'! 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I heard on CNN perhaps by June all who want one should be able to get one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Good for you.  I'm still undecided about getting the vaccine.  In my continued research, spoke to 7 nurses and 4 doctors yesterday (was in for a procedure).....not a one of them is taking an 'unproven' vaccine.  Interesting.

Hope everyone does their own research as well, and certainly hope that CC isn't a big part of their research for other than 'links'.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Trimone said:

Really wish the childish cross-pond governance opinions would cease or we'll have to get the 'tea out again.

FYI, a 74 year old, and many others, have recovered in 10 days; thanks for the reminder.  Also, the US and UK made their purchase commitments for the vaccine at essentially the same date in July of 2020.  So, please, adjust behavior for fact maturation and absorption.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Indeed, although I remain unconvinced that particular >70 year old had COVID-19....remember who coined the phrase 'fake news'! 😉

Really wish the childish cross-pond governance opinions would cease or we'll have to get the 'tea out again.

FYI, it's almost all 'fake news' to the reasonably prudent, educated and informed person. When one leaves the 'sandbox, one is welcomed to move up to that level of awareness.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

FYI, a 74 year old, and many others, have recovered in 10 days; thanks for the reminder.  Also, the US and UK made their purchase commitments for the vaccine at essentially the same date in July of 2020.  So, please, adjust behavior for fact maturation and absorption.  Thank you.

FYI, it's almost all 'fake news' to the reasonably prudent, educated and informed person. When one leaves the 'sandbox, one is welcomed to move up to that level of awareness.

Obviously the truth hurts🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

As an aside, the TSA passenger count for the past 2-weeks is approximately EQUAL in volume to the total North American cruise passenger count for the entire 2019 year.

You see, transit to the airport, the ticketing and luggage kiosks, the gate area, the food courts, boarding and seating while the air transmission is not active as in air, and repeat at deplaning IS SAFE compared to a cruise in a bubble.  🙊🙈🙉 

Listen to the science (the virus knows if your assembly is to worship versus protest, if your dining before 10PM or after, etc.).  😲  

Very well said.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trimone said:

Obviously the truth hurts🤣

I can only image that it does, but don't be so hard on yourself.

You might, if one would take the time, to assess the US versus UK pending vaccine orders, especially the composition of vaccine vendors and the quantities of each.  Again, only for those who want unfiltered factual information.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

7 nurses and 4 doctors  for a procedure? Did you have a heart transplant? 

No, sure didn't....it was a routine procedure.  This particular hospital just happened to have (more than) 7 nurses and 4 doctors....would think most hospitals do.  Also thought it was rather obvious that I'm not still in the hospital...I believe heart transplants would require at least an overnight stay.

Hope I explained all the obvious to ya.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1