Is anyone losing or lost their enthusiasm for Cruising?

molly361

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm not sure I would say my enthusiasm has diminished, but I'm just not really excited because I don't have anything booked. I need to book something by the end of this year so I don't lose a fcc that was given because they canceled an Indy cruise in 2019. Rebooked and that was canceled due to covid. Was told I have to book by the end of this year and there was no sail by date which I don't believe. Nothing looks of interest to me. I would like to book another TA with a b2b, but I don't like what is being offered. I will at least book something even if it's another Caribbean cruise.

I had an email this week saying my £300 FCC for our deposit on Allure sailing 6-7-19 has been extended until April 30th  2022 from December 31st 2021.

Graham.

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Sorry but now at 9 months into covid this pic is just sad, not funny.

That post was response in the same frame of mind as original post, and was simply a light hearted agreement to what a PIA wearing a mask in the sun would be.  It was not directed to you, but to original poster on the subject.  

Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, Presidents cruises aren't so much about schmoozing with Miami staff. Meeting old friends and making new ones

Definitely not relaxing. You can do that anytime😉

Since it picked me...not me picking it...I was then worried I wouldn't like it when they announced it after I had already booked it. 

But then I read your review of the last one, which I thought was very interesting and looked like fun!.   I thought.."Hey..experience something new!"  I ended up looking forward to it...then.."poof"..gone.  Seems can't win.  😮 

Come and they go.  😉 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 11:27 AM, molly361 said:

Trying to stay excited for what will hopefully be our next cruise (May 2021) but my cruising enthusiasm seems to be diminishing as time goes on.  I would think it would be the opposite.  Even have a suite booked for this one but the thought of having to possibly get myself tested,  having to get the vaccine  and wear a mask is putting a real damper on things.  Anyone else feeling this way?  

This will not be forever - just remember that. 

I can't wait to cruise (w/ out mask) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here......  I don’t believe we will have a Presidents Cruise in 2021. 😎

I wonder if Royal executives are afraid to sail on their own ships?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, Presidents cruises aren't so much about schmoozing with Miami staff. Meeting old friends and making new ones

I thought that was the purpose of the DL Happy Hour on every cruise? 😉

Unless of course, the old & new friends are Miamu exec's. 🙃

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Like most I suspect the longer it goes without cruising the less we are missing it.

No cruises booked for 2021 yet when usually we would have several booked.

Hopefully when cruising restarts and we get back on board the magic will return.

Couldn't agree more, Graham.  Same way I feel.  Way too many long hoped for bucket list cruises cancelled this year.  Getting too used to not cruising, and gun shy as to when and if we will cruise 

again.  

I  think you are right, and once we can finally  "get back on the saddle again"...that enthusiasm will return.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2020 at 1:51 PM, Domino D said:

So when I retire, 2-3 years I think, I'm thinking of taking a 111 day around the world cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.  I'm wondering, what's the most days consecutively you've sailed?  I include back to back, as that is mostly like a port day in essence (even if you do have to repack sometimes or switch ships).  Have you ever felt like it was too long?

I'm sure we would be okay and enjoy it, but just curious. 

The longest we have been on same ship, Serenade, was 30 or 31 days of the caribbean.   The last week of our sailing I was ready to book a sailing to hop on empress to go to cuba but my DH said No we have to go home!  I curse myself for not doing it since cuba cruises shutdown right after that.

Doing a world cruise would be amazing!   The fact you will have so many new ports/countries to explore will be awesome.  GO FOR IT!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I thought that was the purpose of the DL Happy Hour on every cruise? 😉

Unless of course, the old & new friends are Miamu exec's. 🙃

I would not recommend going if you aren't at least D+

DL Happy Hour is for meeting like minded people 😉🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems there is so much less Joy in our world.  Cruising was one of the few remaining outlets for having a Great Time.....We were on one of the final cruises from Port Canaveral in March and had so hoped to go again this year...we have 2 more booked...Oct 21 and Jan 22....as each day goes by the optimism for October is diminishing....who knows for 2022....

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Well since my 2022 Majesty cruise just got canceled I am starting to feel less enthused a little more everyday. To much uncertainty on where the cruise industry will go from here. 

That's why I sold my cruise stock. I think the uncertainty extends and cruise start up dates are being pushed into the future. I actually took a loss, but just am a lot more negative and think start ups will be delayed again, and even more money has to be borrowed. I still think I did the best thing to sell my cruise stocks, well have 100 ccl left. I think things get worse for a while not better.

Seems like cruiselines are waiting, idk for what, maybe for new cdc director?  See how the winds blow, idk, just feels like they are in waiting mode. Wish I was a fly on the wall. I'm definitely more negative on cruising restarting. I'd love to be wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I had an email this week saying my £300 FCC for our deposit on Allure sailing 6-7-19 has been extended until April 30th  2022 from December 31st 2021.

Graham.

The fcc I received was because they had canceled the Indy in Europe and decided to keep her in the Caribbean full time. I received a full refund and a fcc of 25% (I think it was 25%). If I don't use it I won't be losing anything. First they said I had until this past October to book by but when I called they had extended it until the end of this month. I guess I should call and see if they will extend it again. I wanted to book the Jewel TA in April 2022, but the week after that she isn't listed anywhere. Maybe we will still book it and do a land vacation added on. I was also thinking of the fall 2022 TA but those aren't out yet. Mike suggested another TP, but we did those in 2017 and 2018 and I don't want to do another one so soon. Dang it, I want my first TA! 😡🤣🤣🤣

47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I would not recommend going if you aren't at least D+

DL Happy Hour is for meeting like minded people 😉🤣🤣

Just curious but why would you suggest not going until someone is D+?

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Like most I suspect the longer it goes without cruising the less we are missing it.

No cruises booked for 2021 yet when usually we would have several booked.

Hopefully when cruising restarts and we get back on board the magic will return.

I think part of the issue is that the anticipation of a cruise is just as much a part of the experience as the cruise itself. It is pretty hard to get into anticipating something that may well not happen. Not to mention I don't even know if the experience will be something that I enjoy. Masks and port restrictions are not appealing to me. If they don't go away I will probably cancel even if RCI doesn't. Booking flights that you may not need and dealing with those monetary funds doesn't help the situation either.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think part of the issue is that the anticipation of a cruise is just as much a part of the experience as the cruise itself. It is pretty hard to get into anticipating something that may well not happen. Not to mention I don't even know if the experience will be something that I enjoy. Masks and port restrictions are not appealing to me. Booking flights that you may not need and dealing with those monetary funds doesn't help the situation either.

I absolutely agree.

I haven't looked at a cruise since  our Allure cruise was cancelled in June 2020.

• Like 1

Yes, the port restrictions, masks, tests, and possible quarantining have us putting new cruises on the back burner. No big rush. Need to hear many good reports before coughing up more money, bad pun.

Cruising was viewed by many as a 'great value'.  As more time goes by, we see it has become a 'great unknown hassle'.

Hoping for the best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

The fcc I received was because they had canceled the Indy in Europe and decided to keep her in the Caribbean full time. I received a full refund and a fcc of 25% (I think it was 25%). If I don't use it I won't be losing anything. First they said I had until this past October to book by but when I called they had extended it until the end of this month. I guess I should call and see if they will extend it again. I wanted to book the Jewel TA in April 2022, but the week after that she isn't listed anywhere. Maybe we will still book it and do a land vacation added on. I was also thinking of the fall 2022 TA but those aren't out yet. Mike suggested another TP, but we did those in 2017 and 2018 and I don't want to do another one so soon. Dang it, I want my first TA! 😡🤣🤣🤣

Anyone lower in status would feel short changed in the activities, etc..

Just an observation

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

We're booked on that Jewel cruise.  The reason it has no cruises listed after arrival in Amsterdam is that there are 2 charters by Dave koz for jazz cruises.  I asked the same question. 

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We're booked on that Jewel cruise.  The reason it has no cruises listed after arrival in Amsterdam is that there are 2 charters by Dave koz for jazz cruises.  I asked the same question. 

We are on the 4/22 TA as well. Wondered why there was no option for B2B. We decided to do a couple weeks driving Europe. 

21 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We are on the 4/22 TA as well. Wondered why there was no option for B2B. We decided to do a couple weeks driving Europe. 

This will be our 1st trip to Amsterdam so will stay there before flying home. 

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

This will be our 1st trip to Amsterdam so will stay there before flying home. 

What part of TN, we are from NJ also, thinking of moving to South Western Virginia. How do you like that part of the country?