Is anyone losing or lost their enthusiasm for Cruising?

molly361

26 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If that gets cancelled, you still get a FCC for that portion and a refund for the rest, correct?  We considered doing that too but the amount we owe is more that I want to give them for a cruise that is never going to happen.  We need Canada to their borders and I don't see it happening in time for our sailing.  We are on one of the first sailings of the Alaska season.

Yes but I am thinking of taking the FCC and get the extra 25% since we have another suite that we L and S for early 2022 so I can use it on that one   

26 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe requirements are going to include proof of vaccine now. If the vaccines are truly 95% effective, that still leaves 5% on the ship who might get infected. There is no data that shows that someone vaccinated is or is not capable of infecting others.  Because of these unknowns, mask and other protocols will remain in place. It will take some time before heard immunity is reached even with a good vaccine. Just being a realist. 

M8

I thought the 3rd vaccine is only 70% effective but is about $5 so cheaper for the government to administer and more easily store. I want one of the 95% effective vaccines 

• Like 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

I thought the 3rd vaccine is only 70% effective but is about $5 so cheaper for the government to administer and more easily store. I want one of the 95% effective vaccines 

I'm waiting for the one that only needs one poke😇

• Like 2

My wife and I have had some great times in our 10 years of cruising and the last 2 with the kids and grandparents in tow. We'll always have great memories of all of our cruises. Cruising under the new restrictions and guidelines, however necessary, has us considering other types of vacations at this time though. We do have an Odyssey cruise booked for Feb 2022 but I doubt we'll go if all the talked about restrictions are still in place. 

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Trying to stay excited for what will hopefully be our next cruise (May 2021) but my cruising enthusiasm seems to be diminishing as time goes on.  I would think it would be the opposite.  Even have a suite booked for this one but the thought of having to possibly get myself tested,  having to get the vaccine  and wear a mask is putting a real damper on things.  Anyone else feeling this way?  

I have been feeling this way since the fall. It's just too much work involved in getting tested traveling to port and the anxiety of possibly getting there only to find that the cruise is canceled or they have to turn around because someone tested positive. I think the icing on the cake was no cruises longer than 7 days and the ship board excursions. It's just not worth the effort for an experience that is going to be subpar with all of the limitations. I don't see the experience any different than staying at home.

• Like 4

Still really miss cruising, and anxious to go again...but not if it becomes a "Royal Pain" (pun intended).  

Next up for the chopping block...two cruises booked/scheduled for May.  

Still have the taste to cruise...but that taste is becoming bitter.

I am more excited about the summer we are going to spend in Maine, without having to drive the motor home up there this year!  

• Like 4

I hate to say this but my enthusiasm is starting to wane a bit. Planning under all these uncertainties isn't much fun, not to mention the unknown cruising experience that awaits.  It's beginning to look more like an exercise in patience and perseverance than a pleasant vacay.  Not my nature to be a Debbie Downer or a Negative Nellie but just not feeling it at the moment.  I do hope for the sake of all the workers whose jobs are tied to the industry, that cruising comes back soon for them. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Our next cruises are early 2022.  But we won't go if masks and port restrictions are in place.  Have other plans for this winter, and will in 2022 if necessary.  We haven't lost interest in cruising, but won't be back until it's close to what it was.

Same. 

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am more excited about the summer we are going to spend in Maine, without having to drive the motor home up there this year!  

We keep trying to talk ourselves into road trips, but we just can’t get interested.  We know we would constantly be comparing the experiences and cruising would always win.  It didn’t help that staying home the first few months of COVID convinced us to move from central Florida to the coast.  We used to go on trips to the beach, now we live there full time, so we have lost the pleasure of taking even those short trips.  I keep reading posts from those who are enjoying other types of travel and wish we felt the same way.

• Like 3

I'm still excited to cruise. I am concerned with what we'll come back to. Covid protocols aside... the cruiselines have A LOT of revenue to make up. I'm worried about where the cuts will be made and/or prices raised.

• Like 2

We have two cruises booked next year. Still have some hope. But. Just in case we are currently looking into purchasing a new motor home. 
We  have always said as we get older we would get one. Well I’m retired and the better half will follow in a few years. 
Besides why not have fun. 
Look at all the money saved this year by not cruising! 
Next year we will have a few expenses. 

Building additional 4 car garage on back of property. 
Daughters wedding 250 ish guest 

Getting 1966 GTO painted and detailed. 

To name a few. 

But I would give it all up to cruise. 

Stay healthy. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Daughters wedding 250 ish guest 

OMG!    That will be a large and expensive wedding.    Will be fun to plan, just like cruises.

I had approx. 125 people at my wedding and if I was to do it all over, I wouldn't have had my parents waste all that money.     I would have been just fine with a small simple beach wedding with closest family and friends and maybe got a nice gift from parents towards new home, etc. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Trying to stay excited for what will hopefully be our next cruise (May 2021) but my cruising enthusiasm seems to be diminishing as time goes on.  I would think it would be the opposite.  Even have a suite booked for this one but the thought of having to possibly get myself tested,  having to get the vaccine  and wear a mask is putting a real damper on things.  Anyone else feeling this way?  

I kinda recall asking this several months ago. Interested in seeing current answers

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

Normally I would be planning cruises for 2022.  We have 3 cruises planned- May of 2021 (booked last winter), late September of 2021 (a replacement for last May’s cancelled cruise using up the FCCs) and February of 2022 which we booked onboard last January.

I’m not convinced the May one will be a go.  I had great hope for the September one, but it’s a 9 day Canada and New England, so it’s a maybe.  If the February 2022 isn’t allowed, then I’m afraid RC will be much different and maybe gone.  I love cruising, but can’t develop the enthusiasm to look at any other cruises.  

My response is the same as it was when John posted his question earlier this year. I miss it. 

We had 9 booked pre-COVID, five of those have been cancelled , the other 4 are still scheduled but nothing until August 2021. Have booked two more for summer 2022 in the past month. Calendar is pretty full up to August 2022 so I’m not looking at any more. 

Not interested in “road trips”. Still have to go and stay somewhere and with the current situation that ain’t happening. 

Sitting here looking at the weather forecast for 10” - 18” of snow for Wed/Thurs. —— you bet I’m ready to sail. 

Frankly more disappointed in not being able to see TSO in concert this Christmas season, although I’m looking forward to the livestream this Friday. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc