Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

Lots of people have mentioned emails that they have received from P&O advising them that the balance due date for booked cruises, has now been extended to 30 days from departure, instead of the normal 90 days. As far as I am aware, P&O seem to have been announcing extentions to their pauses approximately 10 days before the balance due date (Approximately 100 days before the actual cruise).

Does this mean that they are now likely to make their next announcement 40 days before the cruise date?? Hope that makes sense?

I have a cruise booked on Britannia for 25th April 2021, which is just one day after the end of the current pause. I know that they are very likely to cancel this, but I wish I could find out for sure. It's only 104 days away, so I would like to start making new plans.

3 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Anyone expecting an announcement tomorrow from P&O about the Pause.

I am hoping for some information, but not sure it will happen tomorrow. They have cancelled up to 24th April and my cruise is supposed to be on 25th. Trouble is, they have now extended the balance due date to 30 days before the cruise, not 90 days. Having said that, mine is all fully paid, so if they do extend the pause and cancel mine, I should get the 125% FCC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

With P&O taking a more positive outlook, I wouldn't expect any announcements for a while.  If the vaccine rollout has the anticipated effect, more positive news will come our way from all sources.

Edited by jaydee6969
another typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

Yes, maybe! because other brands in the same stable have announced further pauses to the City in the last week,and also his nibs, in a recent video, said that he would give an update late December or early in the New Year

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arlowood said:

That's strange. We are booked on Aurora departing 1st May and have heard nothing so far. Our booking is through a TA though so that may explain the absence of any notification. I will email the TA today to check if they have had any info on the change of final payment date for our cruise.

I am booked with a TA for an Iona cruise the end of May. I read the comments on here on Thursday that balances can now be paid later.

On Friday I received an email from my TA saying our balance which was due early February will not now have to be paid until early April.

We have received a notification from P&O Cruises to advise that they are extending the balance due date for your sailing. Due to the on-going situation regarding Covid-19 and the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office guidance on cruises, they want to reassure their guests that they will only recommence sailing when it is the right time to do so, and wish to provide you with a little more time before you have to pay your final balance.

An updated invoice will be sent to you shortly showing the new balance due date of your cruise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

I am booked with a TA for an Iona cruise the end of May. I read the comments on here on Thursday that balances can now be paid later.

On Friday I received an email from my TA saying our balance which was due early February will not now have to be paid until early April.

We have received a notification from P&O Cruises to advise that they are extending the balance due date for your sailing. Due to the on-going situation regarding Covid-19 and the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office guidance on cruises, they want to reassure their guests that they will only recommence sailing when it is the right time to do so, and wish to provide you with a little more time before you have to pay your final balance.

An updated invoice will be sent to you shortly showing the new balance due date of your cruise.

The TA seems to have added on some time for them to get the money to P&O as the balance would be due end of April if booked direct. 

5 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Absolutely reluctant to use TA think we will book direct in the future 

Dont tar all TAs with the same brush as Eskimo House there are some far superior in how they handle their customers one of which I have used for a number of years and are always cheaper than booking direct with P&O.

Absolutely agree and sorry it was not my intention to tar every TA with the same brush but  in my opinion after the terrible experience I’ve had with the TA I’ve used I will be booking all my future cruises direct. I’m sure many people have had good experiences with their TA and will continue to do so.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Absolutely agree and sorry it was not my intention to tar every TA with the same brush but  in my opinion after the terrible experience I’ve had with the TA I’ve used I will be booking all my future cruises direct. I’m sure many people have had good experiences with their TA and will continue to do so.

One if the reasons I will keep using my TA is that it has always been relatively easy to talk to them, or at worse, email them and they would call me back the same day. No waiting on hold for hours, which seemed to be the case with P&O. 

21 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

A further4 ships too leave

Thanks.  I assume you have got that from a Carnival Corp statement.  No comment from Molecrochip after someone said yesterday that another ship is to go.  Then again he may not know which ships will be affected.   

27 minutes ago, tring said:

Thanks.  I assume you have got that from a Carnival Corp statement.  No comment from Molecrochip after someone said yesterday that another ship is to go.  Then again he may not know which ships will be affected.   

That’s right someone posted a link from them on FB earlier no mention of names

18 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Its only one extra ship to what had previously been announced. Was 18 ships in total, now 19 and 15 have left so far. 

Which ship, does anyone know? Please, please, please not Aurora or Arcadia🤞

Avril

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Which ship, does anyone know? Please, please, please not Aurora or Arcadia🤞

Avril

We really need some info from Molecrochip on this, however, the general rumour mill seems to centre on either Island / Coral Princess or AIDAaura/vita (pity if either of these latter two, as having worked on them a few times, they're great fun).

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril, they are marketing a 2022  99 day cruise on Aurora at present so I think she is safe.

Thanks Mercury. I haven't looked at the 2022 cruises yet, I'm stll trying navigate my way through 2021. I don't mean to be a Jonah, but  look what  happened with Oriana and Oceana!!

Avril

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril, they are marketing a 2022  99 day cruise on Aurora at present so I think she is safe.

To be honest, that means nothing. Historically P&O have continued to sell cruises on ships right up until the day they announce the ship has been sold.

• Like 3