Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have a land holiday booked for mid April. We decided this morning to push that back . We have booked Cornwall for May. That may be our first 2021 holiday.

We have looked at several land holidays but don't think it is worth the risk of paying more deposits that we may or may not get back, we will sit it out and see what happens by March. We will have to accept that once we are allowed to travel the massive demand will push prices up, it will still be worth it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have looked at several land holidays but don't think it is worth the risk of paying more deposits that we may or may not get back, we will sit it out and see what happens by March. We will have to accept that once we are allowed to travel the massive demand will push prices up, it will still be worth it.

We had quite a nice holiday booked with TUI for last May. We got a credit +25% as we had paid the final balance. We rebooked a quite nicer and quite longer holiday for April 2021. We are just deciding whether to rebook, or take another credit. Probably rebook to lock in current prices. Ho hum.🤣

4 minutes ago, frogsgirl said:

To WOWZZ Thank you for your concern however I didn’t ask for it so there was no need waste your energy typing your crass response. 

If my 94 year old mother can have the vaccination to protect herself, and others, plus relieve the pressure on the NHS, why can't others?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If my 94 year old mother can have the vaccination to protect herself, and others, plus relieve the pressure on the NHS, why can't others?

I don’t normally get into social media spats, it’s not my scene as I tend not to judge without knowing people on a personal level, i wish your mum good health.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, frogsgirl said:

I don’t normally get into social media spats, it’s not my scene as I tend not to judge without knowing people on a personal level, i wish your mum good health.

I prefer to call the discusions we all have on here,debates,thing is when the difference of opinion and quite often missunderstandings occur it can get a bit negative.I'm sure wowzz is just like the rest of us blokes on here and doesn't mean any offence.

1 minute ago, Mr.Clive Browne said:

I prefer to call the discusions we all have on here,debates,thing is when the difference of opinion and quite often missunderstandings occur it can get a bit negative.I'm sure wowzz is just like the rest of us blokes on here and doesn't mean any offence.

It's not what is said, but how it's said. I've posted that many times on here, but it doesn't seem to register. As you say,  it's a bloke thing, however , there are quite a few 'blokes' on here who would probably disagree but are too tactful to reply.😉

No offence intended.

Avril

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

It's not what is said, but how it's said. I've posted that many times on here, but it doesn't seem to register. As you say,  it's a bloke thing, however , there are quite a few 'blokes' on here who would probably disagree but are too tactful to reply.😉

No offence intended.

Avril

Totally agree,thankyou very much.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

No offence intended.

Avril

I agree with you Avril.

I thought a snarky comment was made to a poster and not one I would make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I agree with you Avril.

I thought a snarky comment was made to a poster and not one I would make.

Now i'm begining to understand how trolls work,as i remember you made a comment last night about trolls,in my direction,and not knowing the meaning had to look it up.Totally uncalled for and out of order.........here you go again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Thats exactly what we have decided to do.I've got loads of brochures and will have difficulty choosing which ones to pick once we feel its ok to book and like you, we accept the price will go up but at least we are not wondering whether to pay the balance etc

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

No offence intended.

Avril

Avril. I do agree. I'm a bloke, but I am far to tactful to get involved in other folks friendly discussions.🤣

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Roaming Rover said:

What channel is mighty cruise ships on ?

It is Quest.

There was a program yesterday about Hurtigruten's new, green expedition ship, which I had email notification about from Hurtigruten yesterday.  Only got it a couple of hours before the program and did not pick it up in time though.  Thought we would see if it can be viewed on Catch up, but not sure we will be able to.  I saw the Norweigian Joy one - we have no interest in the ship, but a good insight into Alaska.

2 hours ago, tring said:

It is Quest.

There was a program yesterday about Hurtigruten's new, green expedition ship, which I had email notification about from Hurtigruten yesterday.  Only got it a couple of hours before the program and did not pick it up in time though.  Thought we would see if it can be viewed on Catch up, but not sure we will be able to.  I saw the Norweigian Joy one - we have no interest in the ship, but a good insight into Alaska.

I believe it will be repeated at the weekend on Sunday evening

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

But what about those who will not have been vaccinated  - will they be allowed to sail? 

The other major issue is the policy of destination countries to cruising, especially those such as Spain where vaccination has barely started. It still seems unrealistic to expect crusing to restart with currently scheduled itineraries until Q3 21 at the earliest. 

As it’s not a mandatory vaccination program, Carnival U.K. will get taken to court if they use that as a reason for denying boarding.

That’s why restrictions will still be in place when cruising resumes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

It's a difficult decision. Have you looked at the 2022 prices recently? You could be in for a shock. 

This is why I already moved mine on another year as when they resume I can see prices rocketing even more!

• Like 3

Taken from another thread 

"Holland America has just announced a further delay to starting up operations.  All cruises canceled through April 2021, and after that some Alaska departures in May and June are canceled. Mediterranean canceled through early June.  And some Canada/New England itineraries canceled through August."

• Thanks 2

Given the current infection rates and slow to non existent roll out of Vaccines across Europe I'd be surprised to see any European Cruises before September. When MSC and Costa restarted last summer infection rates were a fraction of what they are currently and their cruises where very restricted.

P&O reckon its takes around 8 weeks to get a ship ready to sail again so even if we got on top of this current wave by the end of April it would be a July start at the earliest and may not be cost effective to have a very short European season for some lines.

• Like 1

Just received an email from P&O and it does take the pressure off now, this is for Iona 24th April 21 cruise:

We hope that you are looking forward to your forthcoming cruise and we know that as your holiday approaches there are many things to consider. 

When you made your booking we would have advised you that the full balance for your holiday is due 90 days before departure. However in light of the on-going situation regarding COVID-19 and the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance on cruising, we wanted to reassure you that we will only recommence sailing when it is the right time to do so. We have therefore taken the decision to relax our balance due payments terms on this holiday to 30 days prior to departure, meaning you now have a little more time before you have to pay your final balance.

If you would like to understand more about our enhanced health and well-being measures on board, please visit our website.  And remember, you can manage your booking by logging into My P&O Cruises. Here you’ll be able to personalise your holiday to suit you, plus find out everything you need to know before you embark. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, frogsgirl said:

Just received an email from P&O and it does take the pressure off now, this is for Iona 24th April 21 cruise:

We hope that you are looking forward to your forthcoming cruise and we know that as your holiday approaches there are many things to consider. 

When you made your booking we would have advised you that the full balance for your holiday is due 90 days before departure. However in light of the on-going situation regarding COVID-19 and the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance on cruising, we wanted to reassure you that we will only recommence sailing when it is the right time to do so. We have therefore taken the decision to relax our balance due payments terms on this holiday to 30 days prior to departure, meaning you now have a little more time before you have to pay your final balance.

If you would like to understand more about our enhanced health and well-being measures on board, please visit our website.  And remember, you can manage your booking by logging into My P&O Cruises. Here you’ll be able to personalise your holiday to suit you, plus find out everything you need to know before you embark. 

Thanks for posting.

Did you book directly with P&O or with a TA?.

Given the current no sailing it is wise of P&O to make final payment due 30 days before because as it seems likely they will cancel your sailing and it makes it easier for them and saves you paying a lot of money out 3-4 months in advance.

Graham.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for posting.

Did you book directly with P&O or with a TA?.

Given the current no sailing it is wise of P&O to make final payment due 30 days before because as it seems likely they will cancel your sailing and it makes it easier for them and saves you paying a lot of money out 3-4 months in advance.

Graham.

Hi Graham, booked directly with P&O.

I’m with you on the likelihood of cancellation, this move from P&O is of benefit to us in that we are unlikely to lose our deposit now (which wasn’t huge but still ££),

We have definitely decided not to travel in the highly unlikely event it does go ahead.

Andrea

• Thanks 1