What do you miss most about Princess Cruises? Ports, Shows, Food, Trivia etc

amphoto

The first thing I miss is arriving at the pier and seeing the ship.  Even though I’ve done 24 cruises with Princess I become a child again when I see the massive floating palace waiting to greet me as if I’m something special.  Waiting to take me on a 5* adventure.  The  walk up the gangplank and the greeting, smiles and welcome from the staff keeps the smile on my face.  And I look into the eyes of my wife of 48 years knowing that we are going to have the best week of our lives ( again).   And then a walk on the deck to look at the land we’ll be leaving and the ocean where we’ll be going and the deep sense of peace that washes over me.  No stress.  No pressure.  No obligations. No deadlines. That’s the first couple hours and it just gets better from there.  

• Like 11

5 hours ago, freedom750 said:

The first thing I miss is arriving at the pier and seeing the ship.  Even though I’ve done 24 cruises with Princess I become a child again when I see the massive floating palace waiting to greet me as if I’m something special.  Waiting to take me on a 5* adventure.  The  walk up the gangplank and the greeting, smiles and welcome from the staff keeps the smile on my face.  And I look into the eyes of my wife of 48 years knowing that we are going to have the best week of our lives ( again).   And then a walk on the deck to look at the land we’ll be leaving and the ocean where we’ll be going and the deep sense of peace that washes over me.  No stress.  No pressure.  No obligations. No deadlines. That’s the first couple hours and it just gets better from there.  

Well said!!

• Like 1

Interesting read and for me, the whole experience, meeting people and crew from different countries, traveling to new places.  Itinerary is important, love seeing new ports.  I haven't cruised to Caribbean in many years, going there over and over, not something I ever wanted to do.

It isn't about shows, trivia or daily schedule, just love being on board, and echo about the IC, love not having to go to the buffet.  

• Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 3:40 PM, ontheweb said:

All of the above is an excellent answer, but I would add meeting new people.

One thing I should add, and it is actually for all cruises not just Princess, is it allows DW and I to have a lot of quality time together even though we also get time to do our own things alone such as swimming laps for her and trivia for me.

Even before the cruise planning what we will do at each port affords us a lot of opportunity to share quality time. After you have been married a long time (43+ years for us), that kind of time together sometimes seems much harder to find.

• Like 2

We have taken numerous Princess Cruises. Although, we have also experienced cruising with NCL, Celebrity and Cunard,we feel most comfortable on a Princess ship.

What I miss most is being at sea, being mesmerized while watching the wake from a deck chair.

Covid has changed much of how we are living our lives,but one of the things most affected is the thought of taking a cruise vacation again.

• Like 2

The whole experience. As several posters have already said, just getting to the pier and seeing the ship waiting for you is always a big thrill.

Others:

• Walking onboard and taking that last step inside the ship from the gangway.
  • Being greeted by the staff and recognizing a crew member from a previous cruise. 
  • The first steps onto the balcony and imaging the sites you will see from here.
  • The sail-away!
  • Making new friends - with crew and fellow passengers alike!
  • Sea days!
  • The first cocktail!
  • Meeting the waiters on the first night.
  • Everything!
  • Like 2

Pre-cruise e-mails!

Greetings from the bridge of the Star Princess. We know you're getting excited for your upcoming cruise and our crew can't wait to bring you and your fellow passengers to some of the most amazing places in the world .

To help you get ready, we've compiled some useful information and reminders. One of the most important things is to fill out the mandatory Passenger Immigration Information by visiting the Cruise Personalizer.

We're all looking forward to welcoming you aboard soon!

Captain Michele Tuvo

Sincerely,
Captain Michele Tuvo
Captain

• Like 3

Having a nice pre-dinner drink in any bar. 
Trying all of what Normand Love does best. 
A nice sea day doing nothing but think of us. 
Being with family and friends onboard. 
Soon Soon let’s keep on tract.

Sea Ya 

Eric 

• Like 1

Sleep!

I am not a good sleeper, and my cat contributes to this by waking me for food or attention [she has no conscience in this!}. For some reason, the rolling sea facilitates my sleep as no other device [or prescription] has done. I love long sea days to quietly read and sleep. 

Also I miss the laughs. Seems I always find thing funnier and less serious at sea. 

If I was wealthy [too far from it], I would be at sea most of the time. As it is, I often use port days for relaxation on board. Can't wait.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, generichandle said:

Sleep!

I am not a good sleeper, and my cat contributes to this by waking me for food or attention [she has no conscience in this!}. For some reason, the rolling sea facilitates my sleep as no other device [or prescription] has done. I love long sea days to quietly read and sleep. 

Also I miss the laughs. Seems I always find thing funnier and less serious at sea. 

If I was wealthy [too far from it], I would be at sea most of the time. As it is, I often use port days for relaxation on board. Can't wait.

Doug

and no snow shoveling at sea , huh ?

how much did y'all get in the 'Nati ?

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

and no snow shoveling at sea , huh ?

how much did y'all get in the 'Nati ?

We got about 5-6 inches, less than the foot or more predicted, because high level air was 33 degrees and we got sleet and freezing rain instead, bad! We got 10 inches earlier last week, with 5 more due wed-thu. More 'Winter' than we have had in a while here. You?

1 minute ago, generichandle said:

We got about 5-6 inches, less than the foot or more predicted, because high level air was 33 degrees and we got sleet and freezing rain instead, bad! We got 10 inches earlier last week, with 5 more due wed-thu. More 'Winter' than we have had in a while here. You?

only since you asked ...

Sunny and 70 here in Central Florida

but down to the 40's in the morning by the weekend

Florida 'winter'

was in the mid 80's yesterday - cray, cray

6 hours ago, kamelia said:

Pre-cruise e-mails!

Greetings from the bridge of the Star Princess. We know you're getting excited for your upcoming cruise and our crew can't wait to bring you and your fellow passengers to some of the most amazing places in the world .

To help you get ready, we've compiled some useful information and reminders. One of the most important things is to fill out the mandatory Passenger Immigration Information by visiting the Cruise Personalizer.

We're all looking forward to welcoming you aboard soon!

Captain Michele Tuvo

Sincerely,
Captain Michele Tuvo
Captain

My favorite captain from any cruise I've ever been on!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, generichandle said:

Sleep!

Doug

I agree, I always sleep much better on board than I do anywhere else. Not sure if it's the sea air, the rolling waves or the quality of the mattress & pillows! Or maybe it's a combination of all 3.

• Like 2