UK staycation cruise details launched

Adam Coulter

6 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Are we all agreed the Plus price is an option, not compulsory ?  As for links, no not that good and why should I ask when I know I am telling the truth ?  Last comment on this subject.

It is an option on normal Princess cruises but the summer ones on sale from 24th March are being sold as balcony cabins with Princess Plus included in the price.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Is it the cruise leaving 1st september? We can't decide to do that with Princess or stick with the FO cruise we booked for 5 nights that visits Belfast and Falmouth.The Princess cruise works out much cheaper and is for a balcony instead of an inside.We will make a decision over the weekend

Hmm, we haven't sailed with FO yet and we're a short drive to Falmouth. May have a look at that. Paul

If you look on a beast of a TA website it clearly explains that Princess cruises "Summer Seacations" are all inclusive including drinks package, gratuities and wi-fi and there is a full list of itineraries and prices from.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JustOxford said:

Stand by for all the price drops when they discover the bookings are low due to the price.

Although, like many, I feel that the P&O staycation cruises are massively overpriced for what you get and we won’t be booking one, I don’t think that they will have any trouble selling them. It’s only two ships and for a limited time window. After the year we have had everyone is desperate to get away this summer and UK options are fast running out for those who have yet to book anything. 

However, if we were looking to book one, we would try a different operator, like Princess or Fred Olsen, as it seems that they are doing port calls and it would be a good opportunity to try out a new cruise line. I guess that the opposite may also be the case, in that a lot of people who have cruised with other lines may use these cruises to nowhere to try out P&O?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It departs from Liverpool so you would have a long drive to embark!

Oops, thanks maybe we'll wait till next year to cut our teeth with Fred Olsen. Short cruises out of Rosyth/Fjords/Rosyth looks tempting and Loganair prices are reasonable.

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Me I hope🤞 There's too much antagonism in the world in general and I find it unpleasant when a friendly debate is turned into an unnecessary argument. The loudest voice doesn't always have the correct answer.

Avril

Well said. There seems to be a bit of cabin fever going on just lately.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

It departs from Liverpool so you would have a long drive to embark!

They seem to do that a lot Fred! I’ve looked at them a couple of times and it happens lot eg Start Liverpool go to Dublin then disembark at Bristol! Be a right pain for us.

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Is it the cruise leaving 1st september? We can't decide to do that with Princess or stick with the FO cruise we booked for 5 nights that visits Belfast and Falmouth.The Princess cruise works out much cheaper and is for a balcony instead of an inside.We will make a decision over the weekend

Yes it is. That would be a no brainier for me , balcony cheaper than inside! Plus Princess is a much newer ship.

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

They seem to do that a lot Fred! I’ve looked at them a couple of times and it happens lot eg Start Liverpool go to Dublin then disembark at Bristol! Be a right pain for us.

I think it is just when they reposition. Their ships are often based in more than one UK port over the course of a year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes it is. That would be a no brainier for me , balcony cheaper than inside! Plus Princess is a much newer ship.

I agree that the Princess onboard experience is likely to be better particularly being in a balcony cabin and including drinks etc but we mainly cruise for the Itinerary and although its mainly Belfast I want to visit, we have never been to Falmouth so that would be good.Also for us Liverpool is much closer as a port than Southampton.Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Will be interesting what Cunard prices are for their UK summer cruises as they are doing up to 12nts and having ports of calls.

If they are still only using QE, I suspect the prices are going to be quite high. One ship with fewer balconies is bound to mean higher prices.

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

As the P&O thread now seems to cover other lines, I am sure you will all be excited to know that Disney are doing ex UK cruises in 2022. They go on sale on 25th, but advanced booking for members of the castaway club.🤣

We have a DLP break in August which was moved from last year. I would love to swap it for a cruise but imagine it will be extortionate.

17 minutes ago, emam said:

We have a DLP break in August which was moved from last year. I would love to swap it for a cruise but imagine it will be extortionate.

I haven't looked, but I suspect you are right. DLP is not cheap, but great fun.

Just had another glimpse at the P&O website - sorry, but it is addictive. 

At this time of night, it is unmoderated, so you can see all the posts that are removed during the day.

All I can say is that I am glad I have not met any of the posters from that site. Uneducated, illiterate and absolutely charmless.

If I was considering a cruise on P&O,  their social media page would put me off for life.

• Like 4

Terms & conditions: ^All-inclusive cruises from £539pp based on voyage G125P - 3 night scenic cruise departing 14 August 2021. Princess Plus price shown is subject to availability based upon 2 adults sharing the lowest available grade of balcony stateroom. Price and availability are correct at time of publishing, and may go up or down. ~The Princess Plus all-inclusive fare includes our Premier Beverage Package, Wi-Fi & Gratuities on top of the full board cruise and is available on all cruises, excluding voyages that are of 1 or 2 night/s duration. The Princess Plus Fare can be removed at any time. Offers can change or be withdrawn without notice. The Premier Beverage Package is applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only and age restrictions apply, The Premier Coffee & Soda Package applies to all guests in a stateroom that are not eligible for the Premier Beverage Package due to age restrictions.
Wi-Fi offer applies to all guests in stateroom (one device per guest). Unlimited Wi-Fi will automatically apply when guests sign in to activate. Wi-Fi does not apply to the land portion of cruisetours. Discretionary stateroom gratuities to the value of $14.50 per person per day for Interior, Oceanview, and Balcony staterooms, $15.50 per person per day for Mini-suite and Club Class staterooms and $16.50 per person per day for Suites. Does not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts or Lotus Spa services. Gratuities are not transferable, non-refundable and have no cash value.

**Vaccine policy Given the advanced progress of the UK vaccination programme and strong expressed preference on the part of our guests for this limited series of UK coastal cruises, these UK sailings on Regal Princess and Sky Princess (running from July 31 through to September 28) will be for UK resident, COVID-19 vaccinated guests only. For these cruises the definition of “vaccinated” is a minimum of seven days following the second dose of the currently approved COVID-19 vaccines being administered. Proof of vaccination and the dates given will be required (approved forms of evidence will be confirmed closer to time of departure) and this will be required to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding. Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. There is no age restriction on this series of UK coastal cruises but all guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the COVID-19 vaccination policy. All other Princess Cruises holidays currently on sale do not require guests to be vaccinated
. Further terms & conditions apply, please call for details.Travel insurance is additional. E&OE.

Yes I know I am a dog with a bone but I don't like my word being questioned when I know I am right.

The AI price can be adjusted.

• Thanks 1

Yes...by the cruise line. Not by the passenger. That is standard practice for cruise terms and conditions so that if THEY want to change it they can. Hence why they then go on to say that offers can be changed or withdrawn at any time. At least, that's how I read it. Terms and conditions are always all about protecting themselves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

At this time of night, it is unmoderated, so you can see all the posts that are removed during the day.

All I can say is that I am glad I have not met any of the posters from that site. Uneducated, illiterate and absolutely charmless.

If I was considering a cruise on P&O,  their social media page would put me off for life.

I never look at it but it sounds awful and makes you appreciate all the lovely,intelligent and caring people on here.

Graham.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Terms & conditions: ^All-inclusive cruises from £539pp based on voyage G125P - 3 night scenic cruise departing 14 August 2021. Princess Plus price shown is subject to availability based upon 2 adults sharing the lowest available grade of balcony stateroom. Price and availability are correct at time of publishing, and may go up or down. ~The Princess Plus all-inclusive fare includes our Premier Beverage Package, Wi-Fi & Gratuities on top of the full board cruise and is available on all cruises, excluding voyages that are of 1 or 2 night/s duration. The Princess Plus Fare can be removed at any time. Offers can change or be withdrawn without notice. The Premier Beverage Package is applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only and age restrictions apply, The Premier Coffee & Soda Package applies to all guests in a stateroom that are not eligible for the Premier Beverage Package due to age restrictions.
Wi-Fi offer applies to all guests in stateroom (one device per guest). Unlimited Wi-Fi will automatically apply when guests sign in to activate. Wi-Fi does not apply to the land portion of cruisetours. Discretionary stateroom gratuities to the value of $14.50 per person per day for Interior, Oceanview, and Balcony staterooms, $15.50 per person per day for Mini-suite and Club Class staterooms and $16.50 per person per day for Suites. Does not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts or Lotus Spa services. Gratuities are not transferable, non-refundable and have no cash value.

**Vaccine policy Given the advanced progress of the UK vaccination programme and strong expressed preference on the part of our guests for this limited series of UK coastal cruises, these UK sailings on Regal Princess and Sky Princess (running from July 31 through to September 28) will be for UK resident, COVID-19 vaccinated guests only. For these cruises the definition of “vaccinated” is a minimum of seven days following the second dose of the currently approved COVID-19 vaccines being administered. Proof of vaccination and the dates given will be required (approved forms of evidence will be confirmed closer to time of departure) and this will be required to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding. Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. There is no age restriction on this series of UK coastal cruises but all guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the COVID-19 vaccination policy. All other Princess Cruises holidays currently on sale do not require guests to be vaccinated
. Further terms & conditions apply, please call for details.Travel insurance is additional. E&OE.

Yes I know I am a dog with a bone but I don't like my word being questioned when I know I am right.

Can you please point out where it says that to save us the trouble of reading it all, thankyou.

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks Bob.

I respect and believe your posts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

Yes...by the cruise line. Not by the passenger. That is standard practice for cruise terms and conditions so that if THEY want to change it they can. Hence why they then go on to say that offers can be changed or withdrawn at any time. At least, that's how I read it. Terms and conditions are always all about protecting themselves. 

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Oh well, here we go again🙄 I could have saved my breath( well my fingers)

Have a happy and peaceful weekend Princess cruisers😇

Avril

• Like 5

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes I had a look as well. There are some fairly vitriolic posts.

I can perfectly see why the younger, yet to vaccinated would be put out at being excluded for the moment but the reactions from some are pretty extreme. 

Like you if this was my first time looking at P&O I would not want to travel with some of these contentious and extremely self opinionated individuals.

• Like 7