Is this how you remember what Princess Cays looks like?

caribill

45 minutes ago, caribill said:

Below is a photo from a recent Princess E-mail.

Not quite the way I remember it looking.

Princess Cays.jpg

The photo is taken at a distance with a long telephoto lens. Princess Cays is a private beach area on an island 110 miles long and about a mile wide so easy to set up that shot. 

I remember a very rocky beach. Good beach shoes needed. Did not care for it because of all the rocks. Lounge chairs jammed together. Did clam shell once. Was awful and hot. Prefer Daytona Beach or Passion Island Cozumel

51 minutes ago, 58Piano said:

I remember a very rocky beach. Good beach shoes needed. Did not care for it because of all the rocks. Lounge chairs jammed together. Did clam shell once. Was awful and hot. Prefer Daytona Beach or Passion Island Cozumel

I love it there, even with the rocks. 

Can't wait to sink my toes into the sand, and jump into that beautiful, cooling water.  🍹🏖️🌴

Princess Cays is my go to ‘happy place’. ❤️    Been many times and although it’s gradually changed to accommodate the bigger ships and lost its thatched parasols it’s still a lovely beach and blue seas.  We always walk along the beach in front of the bungalows and pick a quieter spot.  
Hopefully this time next year we will revisit.  🤞🏻🤞🏻  🍹🌴🌴🏖🏝

5 hours ago, 58Piano said:

My wife sliced her foot on the coral in the water.  It's the worst private island in the Caribbean. We will no longer book an itinerary if it's a port of call.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 8:13 PM, beg3yrs said:

Is that your formal snorkel vest? Royal blue?

If I'm not mistaken it matches the face on his Rolex Submariner. Or did he have the green face... I think I remember it as blue. (I love the blue-faced Submariner...)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

My wife sliced her foot on the coral in the water.  It's the worst private island in the Caribbean. We will no longer book an itinerary if it's a port of call.

We have only had one Caribbean cruise and were disappointed that our 14 day Circle Caribbean didn't stop at Princess Cays. I've read a lot of bad reviews of the place but also some good reviews. We wanted to make up our own minds. We did have another Caribbean cruise booked (a 7 day that segued into an 18 day TA) but, thanks to the stupid virus, that cruise was cancelled. Strike two on visiting Princess Cays. We don't normally do 7 day cruises - which many Caribbean cruises seem to be - and flights between Sacramento (our nearest airport) and FLL are freaking ridiculous. It normally turns into a 13 hour trip to get home.

Edited by Thrak

27 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We have only had one Caribbean cruise and were disappointed that our 14 day Circle Caribbean didn't stop at Princess Cays. I've read a lot of bad reviews of the place but also some good reviews. We wanted to make up our own minds. We did have another Caribbean cruise booked (a 7 day that segued into an 18 day TA) but, thanks to the stupid virus, that cruise was cancelled. Strike two on visiting Princess Cays. We don't normally do 7 day cruises - which many Caribbean cruises seem to be - and flights between Sacramento (our nearest airport) and FLL are freaking ridiculous. It normally turns into a 13 hour trip to get home.

Everyone should go there at least once to form their own opinion but I can compare it to other Islands like Coco Cay and Labadee which have better beaches and are very spread out with no overcrowding. 

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

If I'm not mistaken it matches the face on his Rolex Submariner. Or did he have the green face... I think I remember it as blue. (I love the blue-faced Submariner...)

Wow Thrak your good. I did have a different watch on that day. Your right my Rolex is a two tone Submariner with a blue face. 
BTW I never liked Princess Cays that much. Most of the time if we stop there I stay on the ship now. 
Tony

125CEA99-0E87-4F98-B1BA-EFB5DFF23BC1.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

These are from February 2020. If you go right and over the bridge after getting off the tender - to the South part of Princess Cays - then take a short walk beyond the beach chairs you will see this beach area. It is gorgeous... even on a cloudy day. I *think* if you walk further (around the point shown in my photos) you will eventually get to the area in the PC ad. 

IMG_0296ed.thumb.jpg.b4284d129182bf4ae1ed6f7bd200a435.jpg

IMG_0289ed.thumb.jpg.b3fc122856586e6577f9528d40c09452.jpg

Edited by MaryBethV
  • Like 3