Super Mario?

1 minute ago, 39august said:

Before Covid, was Mario still spending many weeks in succession on an RCI ship? If so, does anyone know what kind of perks he got? 

It’s a shorter list, as to what he didn’t receive.  Like Captaining the ship.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 39august said:

Before Covid, was Mario still spending many weeks in succession on an RCI ship? If so, does anyone know what kind of perks he got? 

In addition to the Perks part of his status he had his own "office" a sign the crew gave him which he would use to have a area on the pool deck reserved for him where he would do his work. He likely received here and there more invitations by officers to speciality restaurants / supply of drinks compared to other members. To be fair the company also uses him for marketing purposes so if he gets here and there more attention and perks I guess that is ok.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, 39august said:

The biggest perk of all is to cruise as much as he does and being able to organise his business onboard.

Good luck to him and I hope he is well and safe from covid19.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Anyone know if he’s planning on returning on any of the early cruises or will wait until they go out of Florida again? That’s assuming he will want to resume his old lifestyle and didn’t have a change of heart this past year.

I don't think he will have had a change of heart considering he has no mates on land not anymore - by his own admission in interviews if he ever did have any?  (Why would he walk away from them in his 40s if he did?). Mario also has no kids or woman that we know off. So yeah he will probably go back.

Question should be is he willing to go through all this masks, and to be tested over and over again an it will be over and over again for him and all that other stuff social distancing etc to get back onboard? Or will he wait until that kind of thing dials back if it ever dials back?

Can he afford to come back as well? We have had this chat before haven't we and you all shout me down because I don't believe he is rich. If he is rich why is he running a business and keeping full business records and lugging a tower computer around with him. He takes an inside cabin "to keep his costs down" - again by his own admission in interviews. He will have to take a balcony at least for the time being.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

The biggest perk of all is to cruise as much as he does and being able to organise his business onboard

The cruise lines will let people do whatever they want within reason I think. Ed Sheeran apparently record a recent album on the Queen Mary or at least he wrote it on a b2b crossing in a crew quarter below decks. They just bought him his food and left him to it. Royal make a big show of Mario working on the top deck. Oh and only Royal have the internet speed to allow him to do so apparently.

And he running that business to pay for this lifestyle. If he could afford to cruise why he is running a business to pay for it and having all that messing about with business records, accounts that sort of thing. Living on a cruise ship is NOT as complicated as he makes it out to be in those you tubes videos.

There is a guy on Cunard I think his name is Michael Leaver. They call him the bowtie guy. He is American does at least  6 months on the QM2 plus the world cruise as well I think every year in a Grills Suite. Do you know how much that costs? Probably about a quarter mill every year.

19 hours ago, LXA350 said:

In addition to the Perks part of his status he had his own "office" a sign the crew gave him which he would use to have a area on the pool deck reserved for him where he would do his work. He likely received here and there more invitations by officers to speciality restaurants / supply of drinks compared to other members. To be fair the company also uses him for marketing purposes so if he gets here and there more attention and perks I guess that is ok.

Yet they never allowed him to stay onboard did they?. Ok it wouldn't have been the same but there have been crew on these ships this entire time. This pandemic made him homeless you know. Yes he has a condo but you know what I mean. These ships have been his home for more than 20 years. He has been onboard since at least 2000 might even be 1999 and tried out every other line before Royal apparently.

Royal USES Mario. They are laughing at him not with him as the saying goes. They won't put him on the payroll will they? Won't make him a brand ambassador will they?

14 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

I can just about live with the limited menu for 14 nights and thats with MDR and ultimate dining package... i cant imagine living on these ships for years at a time. 

Mario eats in the buffet unless dinning with the captain as per his perks as the most travelled top of the Crown and Anchor rewards scheme.

20 hours ago, 39august said:

In answer to your question which has not really been answered at least on travel.

Mario is believed to have been on various RCL ships since at least 2000 maybe even 1999. For the previous I believe 18 months to 2 years before the Covid hit he was onboard either the Liberty or Freedom of the seas for that entire period. Before that he would do 6 month seasons if you like on one Royal ship and than transfer to another Royal ship and alternate between I think South Florida and Barcelona/Western Europe. For some reason I don't think he does that anymore. He has also has travel agent who booked his travel 2 years in advance so he could keep the same cabin.

With regards to Perks he is in the top of the Crown/Anchor society tier and is most travelled ever. They acknowledge this publicly.  The list of perks is on the Royal site. He gets them all at bare minimum. I believe he is also now by extension of the Royal grouping a Zenith in the Celeb loyalty situation as well.

5 hours ago, ace2542 said:

He takes an inside cabin "to keep his costs down" - again by his own admission in interviews. He will have to take a balcony at least for the time being.

We were on cruise a couple of years ago and had a balcony.  Mario was a few cabins down and also had a balcony.

We didn't sit with him in the lounge but noticed he was quite opinionated in his  political views as we overheard his discussions.

• Like 1

Just now, yogimax said:

We were on cruise a couple of years ago and had a balcony.  Mario was a few cabins down and also had a balcony.

We didn't sit with him in the lounge but noticed he was quite opinionated in his  political views as we overheard his discussions.

OMG!  Did you click the triangle while on board?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We didn't sit with him in the lounge but noticed he was quite opinionated in his  political views as we overheard his discussions

I wonder what his views on getting the vaccine are? Maybe he doesn't want to get it. Maybe he feels that after he has gotten it that he shouldn't have to wear a mask onboard a ship possibly for a long time maybe even forever. And getting tested repeatedly - which he will probably have to do. People on here have said they won't cruise again if either or both of these restrictions are in place.  And also the restrictions on solo travellers which might be in place. Don't know about Royal but on Cunard a solo traveller is their own bubble. No having dinning companions onboard etc etc. A lot of people are up on arms about that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Who isn't? Most people are. One of four subjects I refuse to talk about no matter where I'm at. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This thread will have the exact same demise as every other thread started about this subject. Just sayn'....

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

OMG!  Did you click the triangle while on board?

I heard he uses that Tower computer to launder money for Tony Montana. 

Saw it on YouTube.🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Who isn't? Most people are. One of four subjects I refuse to talk about no matter where I'm at. 

We also will not talk politics on a cruise unless we are absolutely sure it will not cause controversy but that's not true for everyone.

You have made me curious, though.  I could guess one of the other subjects you avoid is religion but what are the other two?

Never met the guy and  as far as I know, never sailed on a cruise with him.  Not sure why, but I just wondered,  as he is always the top cruiser on board, if he accepts the free bottle of wine presented at the C&A top tier event.  Or,  does he defer it to the next in line?   He certainly has a right to accept the gift...just wondered.  

M

• Like 1