Ncl is starting to look for volunteers for Test cruise in early August

misguy

I received an invitation to register for a test cruise in early August.  I am not sure how they selected the candidates, but I have applied, and we will see what happens.

• Like 3

Cruise to where?

I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in going on test cruises.  For us in Canada, we'd have to wait for the border to open up and when we go back we won't need to be subject to 2wk quarantine.

I'll keep my eyes open!  Though I might have to ask my employer about isolation/quarantine upon my return.  I'd go for sure.  I only have 2 trips under my belt with them so I may not be high on their list...

I would love to be on the test cruises.  But, I would never get the time off of work for it.  I hope the testing processes is short but, thorough so the ships get sailing with paying guests sooner than later! 

Can you offer any other details?

The ship, the departure port, where the ship is going?

How many cruises have you taken with NCL and when was your last cruise with them? Do you have any upcoming NCL cruises booked?

• Like 1

I have friends who are travel agents and received an invitation through their company. They had a choice of the week prior to the first sailings of Gem or Joy. I don't believe these "test" cruises are open to the general public.

2 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

I have friends who are travel agents and received an invitation through their company. They had a choice of the week prior to the first sailings of Gem or Joy. I don't believe these "test" cruises are open to the general public.

Good to know.  Misguy didn't say if TA or not or dates or ships.

It could be because of the agency I work with, or the fact that I am 4 cruise days from Platinum, or that I have a Sept. cruise booked on the Joy, or that I create content about cruise lines.  But I received an email yesterday from NCL asking if I was interested.

The cruises go from Montego Bay to Puna Cana, or Punta Cana to Ocho Rios.  And because they are test cruises they might select you to be quarantined I am not sure exactly what they are requiring, It didn't matter to me.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, misguy said:

It could be because of the agency I work with, or the fact that I am 4 cruise days from Platinum, or that I have a Sept. cruise booked on the Joy, or that I create content about cruise lines.  But I received an email yesterday from NCL asking if I was interested.

The cruises go from Montego Bay to Puna Cana, or Punta Cana to Ocho Rios.  And because they are test cruises they might select you to be quarantined I am not sure exactly what they are requiring, It didn't matter to me.  

congrats!!!  i highly doubt it has anything to do with platinum though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, misguy said:

That’s y I asked if u r in the travel business.  As far as Latitudes status, I’ve been platinum for years now and I know there’s lots of plus’s in these boards.  Interested to c what happens!

On 5/6/2021 at 7:07 AM, winterbliss said:

I'll volunteer for the unvaccinated control group 65 and over.... excellent health, no comorbidities, no meds and works hard to keep it that way!

So glad you are in great health, it's our most important asset. NCL requires vaccinated passengers and crew,  they will not welcome you on-board in the near term. At some point you'll be able to sail NCL again, hang in there or consider another line like MSC.

We did get vaccinated and look forward to a lot of travel and gathering flexibility this summer. Taking my first flight in July and cruising with NCL in August and November. 

Edited by Nola26
  • Like 5

On 5/6/2021 at 4:47 AM, misguy said:

Do you know if they are also providing airfare, or is that an out of pocket expense for the volunteer?

I saw nowhere that this was an official offer from NCL or some 'free cruise' deal that inluded absolutely nothing else but the basic cruise fare. Most of the 'free cruise' offers I have seen would end up costing more than booking a cruise after adding all the 'expenses'.