Mardi Gras Cruisers

2 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Hello Cruise Nuts. We are looking forward to passengers and crew being totally vaccinated so that we can all sail safely. Covid has not mysteriously disappeared!!!!

Well except up to 5% kids not vaccinated. Why do people post as if 100% vaccinated? 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well except up to 5% kids not vaccinated. Why do people post as if 100% vaccinated? 

Let's pray that all kids are vaccinated soon. We need to also protect our young children/passengers. I just read where a bunch of kids ( I believe in Florida tested positive after a weekend retreat). 

If they were in Florida they more than likely were not wearing mask? Still have to wear those mask, social distance and wash those paws.     

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Let's pray that all kids are vaccinated soon. We need to also protect our young children/passengers. I just read where a bunch of kids ( I believe in Florida tested positive after a weekend retreat). 

If they were in Florida they more than likely were not wearing mask? Still have to wear those mask, social distance and wash those paws.     

No it wasn't Florida.  Wonder what effect, if any, that might have on starting back the kids clubs onboard.

2 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

Bonsai is not available on my September sailing and Rudi's just came on today.

Once you get on board, you can inquire about lunch reservations at Teppanyaki.  There are a limited number of dinner slots available with only 3 seatings per night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

The big seat on Spirit is usually a very reasonable up charge and completely worth it. That’s a great price for what you’re getting. See you aboard!

Yup, with the charge for already picking our seats, it was only a few dollars more. See you aboard!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Hello Cruise Nuts. We are looking forward to passengers and crew being totally vaccinated so that we can all sail safely. Covid has not mysteriously disappeared!!!!

Could we please not turn ANOTHER thread into a COVID thread??? This thread is about what we are all looking forward to about the Mardi Gras, let's keep it that way.

We have never done any specialty dining on cruises, but since we will be on Mardi Gras for two weeks we have decided to try all the specialty restaurants. I am most looking forward to the Steakhouse, with Emeril's a close second.

I'm also looking forward to the Serenity area on this ship - it looks amazing!

Edited by SRQbeachgirl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wish ours was sooner!!  We do have reservations at Rudi's and Teppanyaki, probably enough reservations for us since there are so many options.  We have a second MG sailing in the spring so we can plan for anything we wish we had done and didn't get in.  I'm just excited to see the reviews come in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

The sushi at Bonsai while limited in selection is amazingly top quality! Love it! I did the sushi making class one time, was super fun and quite yummy! 

That is DW's favorite, and now on the MG they have Teppanyaki this is one of our favorite dinners eating out.

Mardi Gras balcony cabins are not rectangles as shown on the deck plans, as most have a niche for the head of the bed that extends into the adjacent cabin. Therefore some cabins have the bed closer to the balcony, and next door has it further away.

Has anyone discovered a way to determine which floor plan is for a given  cabin number?

• Like 1

We just booked the Mardi Gras for September 2022 and doing a Western Caribbean Itinerary. We are looking forward to it ALL. Being on a ship this size, plus experiencing everything that we can. The time won't be moving fast enough!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

Mardi Gras balcony cabins are not rectangles as shown on the deck plans, as most have a niche for the head of the bed that extends into the adjacent cabin. Therefore some cabins have the bed closer to the balcony, and next door has it further away.

Has anyone discovered a way to determine which floor plan is for a given  cabin number?

Here is a video that explains the bed placement really well. The video is long, but the part about the cabin configuration starts at about 7:30. Basically, if you're looking at your cabin and the door is closer to the left side of the cabin, then the bed will be next to the balcony. If the cabin door is closer to the right side of the cabin, then the bed is next to the closet and the couch is closer to the balcony. I didn't learn this until after I booked our cabin, which has the bed closer to the closet. Oh well, I'm just happy to get to spend two weeks on this beautiful ship!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

They are picking up as the possibility of actually sailing is encouraging folks to get on the boards again.

Ours certainly is  🙂  (compared to a few months ago)!

Tom

• Like 2

Atrium  
Location: Deck 6 - midship / Deck 7 - midship / Deck 8 - midship
Hours: hours are listed in the 'Fun Times' newsletter
  • 3-deck high atrium with floor-to ceiling windows
  • Lobby entrance into the ship 
  • Seating areas for relaxing and watching entertainment
  • Center Stage features live entertainment: 
    • Live music
    • Family Feud Live
    • Performers will interact with 16 individually controlled 6' by 14' LED screens displaying video and special effects, as well as lasers and aerial feats
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrotherCraig said:
Atrium  
Location: Deck 6 - midship / Deck 7 - midship / Deck 8 - midship
Hours: hours are listed in the 'Fun Times' newsletter
  • 3-deck high atrium with floor-to ceiling windows
  • Lobby entrance into the ship 
  • Seating areas for relaxing and watching entertainment
  • Center Stage features live entertainment: 
    • Live music
    • Family Feud Live
    • Performers will interact with 16 individually controlled 6' by 14' LED screens displaying video and special effects, as well as lasers and aerial feats

It sounds amazing;.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keels81 said:

I've already started planning door decoration, ducks and all my dining outfits ... and we don't even sail until Oct. 2! Help, I need an intervention.

try not until December and already started my outfit spread sheet..

Hi, I'm Stellarose and I have a cruising problem.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2