Nieuw Amsterdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0509World.thumb.png.a23199486f15413745a5c66d85b6dca0.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Rich thanks for the daily.  I can't wait to watch the New Amsterdam head north for Alaska!   We booked for July 24th out of Seattle and are hoping that nothing prevents the restart.  We are both fully vaccinated and the efficacy of the vaccine is incredible.  We also think HAL's protocols will keep all safe.

• Like 19

Good morning.  Thanks for the Hump Day Daily Report.

I'd love some pie, I have rhubarb but no strawberries.  I think I'll make a rhubarb meringue pie.

Amusing quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good.

Sending prayers to all who need them

A toast to all who celebrate.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Thanks for the daily report Rich and good morning everyone.  Here’s to Donald Duck!  While I like fresh rhubarb I don’t like it cooked, something about the texture.  Today’s quote, wow I thought that I was impatient, I see that I have some catching up to do!  Today’s drink sounds like it could be interesting.  I look forward to today’s port photo as I haven’t been to it.  Prayers for everyone in need and hip hip hooray to our Dailyites celebration an occasion.

• Like 19

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  Donald Duck is a genuine character.   I'll pass on the Shrimp Salad (no seafood at all) but the Strawberry and Rhubarb pie sounds like a great desert.  Fisher's quote is quite strange.  I've been to a couple of ports in the UAE but not Abu Dhabi.  My alternative menu suggestion is Chilled Peach Soup and Boston Lager Strip Loin Steak as served on MS Prinsendam June 9, 2015, perhaps followed by a Strawberry and Rhubarb Crisp.

Care list:

Lynny Poell, (Vintage Geo’s neighbor) fighting for her life after a hit and run

Welfare of furloughed crews

RIP StLouisCruisers’s DS

RIP St. Louis Cruisers’ niece’s twin grandchildren

Cruising-along’s cousin rejecting a kidney

StLouisSal’s weakness and fall injuries

Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery

mamaofami DH Sam recovering from a stroke

StLouisCruisers’s DB strugling to authorize heart catherization

Wandb’s sister undergoing agressive chemo

RIP ger_77's favorite uncle

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard grapau27

Front Line Health Care Workers

Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale

Jab for superoma and Happily@Sea

Hit and run driver caught

Road rage killer caught

AWESOME toots from Nieuw Statendam

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 6

Happy Hump Day.  Love Donald Duck and Strawberry Rhubarb pie is super delicious.  The meal sounds good, looking forward to Debbie's recipe.

Have not been to today's port, can't wait to see the photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.  Hugs to all of us.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Kahlua Colada:

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 6.56.21 AM.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Donald Duck has been brought much laughter to so many.

3A4B7261-2DEF-48E8-A5C0-7156C855A54A.jpeg.b7b4ec73be15ba4f270db6ad3de4217a.jpeg

Yum on the pie.  Love that combination.  No strawberries yet but the rhubarb has arrived 👍 

Love the quote by Carrie and that meal suggestion sounds really tempting.

Some welcome rain greeting us this morning until the sun comes up and it gets humid and hot again.  I need it to stop soon though to get the dogs to “co-operate” as today and tomorrow are grooming days.  Speaking of dogs:

80AF4B11-B227-4CDF-B3BD-95FEEF71E055.thumb.jpeg.c3a6c8dcee16a8b2a453cf5c4b9e91b1.jpeg

And, for the cat lovers out there:

F514D8B9-4302-4F16-8791-F5ADC0340894.jpeg.ee5275c75dda8aa8642e3af0e33aea32.jpeg

DH claims I have been on line too much.  I think he’s wrong, after all I haven’t gotten this message yet 😉 

5AC0A072-657F-40C2-8771-921875034CEF.jpeg.5af2f748eadd7f7cdd42e3d27c7d8342.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list!

Have a great Hump Day.  Stay safe & don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone.

I'm running a little late today.   Rhubarb pie was always one of my favorites, but I gave up rhubarb when I found out it was one of the four highest in oxalates.   Oxalates help create kidney stones and after two of them, I do not want another.   But, cheers to Donald Duck!

It looks like it is going to be another humid day with pop up storms.   The storms are ok since they water the garden.

Today's meal surprised me a bit.   I was thinking of roasted shrimp on a bed of greens, but this is a bit different.

https://damndelicious.net/2012/02/01/roasted-shrimp-salad/

Roasted Shrimp Salad.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Here's a slightly different recipe @summer slope gave us on September 16, 2020

Kahlua Colada

1½ oz. Kahlua
2 oz. cream of coconut
2 oz. pineapple juice
1-1½ cups ice cubes

Place everything but the ice in a high-performance commercial blender. Then add ice and blend till smooth. (When blending frozen drinks, always put liquid ingredients in the jar first. Follow by adding solid ingredients such as fruit and ice.)

Both call for Kahlua, pineapple juice and ice. I think I'd use both the rum from today and cream of coconut from September.

• Like 20

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Fun combo of days! Anyone want my pie?

Roy, thank you for our lists! Morning Dailyite family! Another beautiful morning here. Mani-pedi for me this morning. Never thought of Carrie Fisher as a “one liner” personality. Guess I was wrong. Love the meal suggestion, but there seems to be too much dressing. I might cut that back a bit, unless I do serve it on a bed of greens.  Still not sure about combining Kahlua and pineapple juice. Might need a taste test. 

Hope all our July - August cruisers give us a full report on their cruise! 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

We seem to be on a Mondavi Cab trend lately. This Cab has excellent ratings and is quite a bit pricier than yesterday’s. I found a great many online distributors and chose the 2016 vintage for my price check. The lowest online price I found was $119.48. 

Decanter- 96

An epic vertical tasting of the Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon celebrated the 50th anniversary of Robert Mondavi Winery this year. The most moving bottle was the 1966, served over dinner and introduced by Magrit Mondavi (who sadly passed away in September at the age of 91) who described the frenetic activity that surrounded that inaugural vintage. The greatest wine, however, was the 1973. At the time, the Mondavi team believed this vintage to be the best of the previous fifteen years; little did they know it might turn out to be the best Reserve ever made. A stunning bouquet of rose petal, fragrant red-black fruit, rich soil and licorice prefaces a very youthful, vibrant wine with compelling density, freshness and purity. This is just cruising along in the cellar. Picked at 23 Brix and fermented, believe it or not, in roto-fermenters (the Mondavi winery was always ‘cutting edge’). The blend includes 12% Cabernet Franc. Drinking Window 2016 - 2026

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Watching the NS depart Port Everglades and hearing her toots was a great way to end the day yesterday.  Looking forward to hearing toots live in person!  I enjoy strawberry rhubarb pie.  I’ll pass on the dinner suggestion. Tonight’s menu is lasagna.  Today promises to be the end of the heatwave and weekend temperatures look very pleasant for me, DH will complain it’s too cold.  I hope everyone has a nice day today.

• Like 20

Good  morning  and   thank  you  for  our  care  and  celebratory lists, Roy.  As  usual  @kazu, starts  my  morning  with  a  good  laugh. I  could  well  imagine  our  Fred the  cockapoo getting  stuck  in  a  hammock  like  that.  @richwmn, thank  you  for  the  Daily  with  quotes,  days  and  most  importantly  SHIPS!

The  recipe  looks  so  good  that  it  has  motivated  me  to  get  to  our  local  fish  store  and  find  shrimp. It  will  be  perfect for  another  hot  humid  day.  Somebody  can  have  my  pie  though.....

I  am  happy  to  report  that  the  situation  with  our  Tana  is better  in  some  ways. She  has  fired  DD  and  myself  from catering  duties  and  felt  well  enough  to  drive  to  her  latest  MD  appointment  alone.  It  looks  like  her  lung  situation  will  require  a  biopsy  and  that will  be  done  fairly  soon. She  is right  now  off  O2  and  sounds  like  her  usual   lovable  but very  independent  self.

We  are  all  very  grateful  for  your  prayers  and  kindness  during  this difficult  time.

I  look  forward  to  port  pictures   and  hearing  what  the  rest  of  you  are  up  to.

Terry

• Like 30

Good morning to all Dailyites!  It's a bright sunny morning here after getting buckets or rain last night.  I looked at the rain gauge and it showed slightly over 1 1/2 inches of rain in it.  That ought to be enough for the next week.  I wish we could have sent some to those of you who desperately need it.

Glad to hear today is Donald Duck today - he's so funny.  I don't think I've ever tried Strawberry Rhubarb pie and I'm not sure why.  I agree the shrimp dish looks like too much dressing.  That's why photos of the prepared recipe are important.  We can adjust as needed.  

Thanks once again to @richwmnfor this bright spot in our day.  @rafinmdthanks for the mentions of my family members on your prayer list.  The family has made arrangements for DS's services on Saturday the 19th so we will be traveling there on Friday of next week.  I would love to have something great to add to the cheer list but might have to wait for DGS's soccer team to win, win, win at the St. Louis tournament!  In the meantime prayers for the many on the prayer list and congrats to all on the celebration list.

I'm sorry to say I have not been to Abu Dhabi in the UAE yet.  I'm happy to say I was in Dubai though so when that port comes up on the list I will be happy to show some photos and descriptions for it.

@kazuI love the memes today, especially the logging out and get a life one.  I will have to share that with others!

I have been having so many issues with Cruise Critic the past few weeks.  First of all I have to log in  when I return here all day long!  That gets annoying!  Then for some reason all email notifications of posts to followed threads, or due to quoting my comments, etc.  I checked and I am still signed up for email notifications.  I'll have to figure out something.  I'm missing roll call messages because of it.🤔

• Like 25

13 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

happy  to  report  that  the  situation  with  our  Tana  is better  in  some  ways. She  has  fired  DD  and  myself  from catering  duties  and  felt  well  enough  to  drive  to  her  latest  MD  appointment  alone.  It  looks  like  her  lung  situation  will  require  a  biopsy  and  that will  be  done  fairly  soon. She  is right  now  off  O2  and  sounds  like  her  usual   lovable  but very  independent  self.

Thanks for the update.  It sounds like she is feeling better 👍 Prayers that it continues 🙏🏻 

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

I  am  happy  to  report  that  the  situation  with  our  Tana  is better  in  some  ways. She  has  fired  DD  and  myself  from catering  duties  and  felt  well  enough  to  drive  to  her  latest  MD  appointment  alone.  It  looks  like  her  lung  situation  will  require  a  biopsy  and  that will  be  done  fairly  soon. She  is right  now  off  O2  and  sounds  like  her  usual   lovable  but very  independent  self.

We  are  all  very  grateful  for  your  prayers  and  kindness  during  this difficult  time.

I  look  forward  to  port  pictures   and  hearing  what  the  rest  of  you  are  up  to.

Terry

Delighted to hear this.  How about leaving her in the care rotation until we have a biopsy result?

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry

Terry this is wonderful news! Feisty people, such as Tana can conquer so much! The hard part is for them to take baby steps.  Bless you and your DD!

• Like 11

Good morning Dailyites. Rich thanks for the Daily. Love to my sister's. Prayers for our Roy and all needing them.

My sis arrived early! Met friends at Pappadeaux's and sis loved it. Today downtown and to lunch, tonight a meet my sister cocktail hour.

My dad loved strawberry rhubarb pie. I'm not really a fan. I'm with Ann, not sure about the drink concoction of the day. 

Wishing you all a lovely, blessed day. Cheers and prayers. 

• Like 17