Michael Bayley Clarifies Vaccine Policy

https://www.facebook.com/100057105533884/posts/260783699168479/?d=n

Hi,  I have read many different narratives on our vaccine policy and I thought I would clarify the current policy.  It is complicated as we navigate through different laws and regulations by state and country and region.  One guarantee is whatever the policy is today, it will evolve and change.  

1.   Our crew will be fully vaccinated on the entire Royal fleet and we are working succesfully to achieve that. 

2.   For guests sailing on Adventure from the Bahamas.  Anthem from Southampton.  Jewel from Cyprus, Serenade from Seattle. Ovation from Seattle.  Independence from Galveston. Harmony from Barcelona and hopefully Oasis from Bayonne all will sail with the requirement for fully vaccinated guests with the exception of any kids who are not age eligible for vaccines.  (12 and up in the USA after August 1st).   Kids will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges for any testing etc for the kids.      

For Freedom, Odyssey, Allure, Symphony and Mariner sailing out of Florida ports in July and August we are strongly recommending all guests eligible for vaccines are fully vaccinated.  We expect approximately 90 per cent of our guests will be vaccinated.  Guests who choose not to be vaccinated or not willing to verify vaccination will be subject to testing and additional health protocols which will be at their expense.   Kids not eligible for vaccines (under 12 from August 1) who sail will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges. 

3. For Quantum sailing out of Singapore since last November we operate under the Royal health protocols and guidance from the Singapore government using testing and health protocols.  To date over 75,000 guests have sailed successfully onboard Quantum.   

Hope that helps !  My only request is please share your opinion or comments in a polite way.  If you could read some messages I have received ! Its scary !

Edited by jacobtsf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think it's certainly reassuring to know that Royal Caribbean ships sailing from Cape Liberty, New Jersey - Hello Anthem - will be sailing with 95% vaccinated passengers, which is what I've been hoping for. 

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking
  • Like 7

Someone posted this is another now-locked thread (the thread graveyard here is getting out of control)

I think it is obvious from this that Royal wants to sail with as many vaccinated people as possible. If the FL law didn't exist, it would be "everyone who can be vaccinated must be vaccinated" but FL will be FL so we go with the flow.

It is clear from this clarification he posted that the ships sailing with vaccine mandates are reserving the 5% only for kids under 12 that are not yet eligible for vaccines.

In FL, since they "expect" a 90% vaccination rate, coupled with them alluding to the fact that they will charge you thru the nose (pun intended) to be tested if you are unvaccinated, I interpret that as them able to accommodate more children under 12, not as a desire or willingness to allow unvaccinated adults on the ship.

Royal does not want unvaccinated adults on their ship. If they did, there wouldn't be required vaccines on  Adventure from the Bahamas.  Anthem from Southampton,  Jewel from Cyprus, Serenade from Seattle. Ovation from Seattle, Independence from Galveston, Harmony from Barcelona, or Oasis from Bayonne

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

First mention I recall of Oasis being in the mix of first ships to restart.

Thought that was encouraging too as we've been desperate for any kernel of information on Cape Liberty cruises. According to Matt Hochberg at Royal Caribbean Blog he mentioned yesterday that he has reached out to Bayonne several times and they assured him that they are ready to open. So this is all very promising. 

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

He's just trying to stop the RCCL punching bag and to keep from being put below Carnival in the public's eye.

I wish the stock price would reflect the public’s love of CCL....   Worst stock purchase I have ever made. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jacobtsf said:

Guests who choose not to be vaccinated or not willing to verify vaccination will be subject to testing and additional health protocols which will be at their expense.   Kids not eligible for vaccines (under 12 from August 1) who sail will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges. 

RC's re-opening strategy include some nice extra safeguards for vaccinated travelers (as of the last time I reviewed it a few weeks ago).  It included paying for any quarantine expense if affected passengers had to disembark at another port and the cost to fly those affected passengers home.  Also if a ship had to cut short the cruise and return to port all passengers were going to be refunded.  

I wonder if RC will add back in those costs in the "additional health protocols which will be at their expense" for guests choosing not to be vaccinated.  Makes people think twice about sailing without a vaccine if they can be removed from the ship at a port if infected and it is then their own cost to pay for any quarantine period and a flight home.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

I think it's certainly reassuring to know that Royal Caribbean ships sailing from Cape Liberty, New Jersey - Hello Anthem - will be sailing with 95% vaccinated passengers, which is what I've been hoping for. 

Jonathan

🤔 Anthem is Out of Southampton 

Oasis will have 20% kids under 12😉

Edited by John&LaLa

14 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I wish the stock price would reflect the public’s love of CCL....   Worst stock purchase I have ever made. 😉

Maybe shouldn't have bailed on Royal at $60

Edited by John&LaLa

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

$42🤔

I bought it and Royal about 20 years ago....  It was worth 20% more than Royal at the time.  I think it was in the low 50s.  I can’t actually believe either are worth what they are trading at now.  So, I have that to be thankful for. 😉

• Like 2

Fb post is OK.  They really need to put it front and center on the website, especially to give families with 12+ kids the heads up of the clarified requirements  ( vs recommendations)

Also, they keep stating July and August.  Anyone expect these requirements dropped before CSO expires?

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 1

Confused though on Galveston. The Texas law is very similar to Florida and last I heard, they couldn't require it for Galveston.  I PREFER the cruise to be vaccinated but not sure if this is correct info on Galveston unless Royal found a work around based on the language of the Texas law.

1 minute ago, wolfganghowell said:

Confused though on Galveston. The Texas law is very similar to Florida and last I heard, they couldn't require it for Galveston.  I PREFER the cruise to be vaccinated but not sure if this is correct info on Galveston unless Royal found a work around based on the language of the Texas law.

Hi Wolfie, haven’t seen you around in forever.  Hope you guys are doing well!

jc

Yeah, I was hibernating from here for awhile.  Too painful with all the cancelled cruises!!!  We survived 2020.....barely.  Both had covid last September, me mild, Mr Wolf not so much but he's good to go now.  Worked the whole time - most if it remotely, but at least we had jobs and no lost income other than bonuses and the like.  Pretty much back to normal  life here and ready to cruise.  Hope you and yours came through ok as well!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Yeah, I was hibernating from here for awhile.  Too painful with all the cancelled cruises!!!  We survived 2020.....barely.  Both had covid last September, me mild, Mr Wolf not so much but he's good to go now.  Worked the whole time - most if it remotely, but at least we had jobs and no lost income other than bonuses and the like.  Pretty much back to normal  life here and ready to cruise.  Hope you and yours came through ok as well!

Hate to hear you got it but happy to hear you both are good. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, George C said:

MSC which doesn’t require vaccines just tested two different passengers positive on one of there European cruises, i think everyone who cruises should be vaccinated.

The whole ship had to skip a stop in Malta. They weren’t traveling together so 2 groups were quarantined. I don’t think they have to quarantine the whole ship unless more people test positive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

RC's re-opening strategy include some nice extra safeguards for vaccinated travelers (as of the last time I reviewed it a few weeks ago).  It included paying for any quarantine expense if affected passengers had to disembark at another port and the cost to fly those affected passengers home.  Also if a ship had to cut short the cruise and return to port all passengers were going to be refunded.  

I wonder if RC will add back in those costs in the "additional health protocols which will be at their expense" for guests choosing not to be vaccinated.  Makes people think twice about sailing without a vaccine if they can be removed from the ship at a port if infected and it is then their own cost to pay for any quarantine period and a flight home.  

I’ve seen language to that effect in the Regent contract of passage relating to passengers who who are deceptive or uncooperative. 

Edited by Babr

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

Fb post is OK.  They really need to put it front and center on the website, especially to give families with 12+ kids the heads up of the clarified requirements  ( vs recommendations)

Also, they keep stating July and August.  Anyone expect these requirements dropped before CSO expires?

I agree.  There should be better and clearer documentation on Royal's site about these requirements.  Also, they should be emailed out to the people booked on sailings affected.  They can spam us with sale emails all the time, so they can surely send us policy change emails as well.

• Like 3