Is anyone unvaccinated and booked on a 2021 Majestic Alaska sailing?

HaveDogWillTravel

I know Princess has gone from 100% to 95% vaccinated and now according to my Princess Vacation Planner these Alaska sailings are 100% vaccinated.  I've seen the thread about the under 12 year olds being cancelled.  

I am just wondering if people who are unvaccinated are still booked on these Alaska sailings.  

Please do not get into a debate about whether or not unvaccinated should be allowed. And please let's not discuss our views on vaccination.  

According to my PVP once proof of vaccination is asked for, Princess will deal with any lack of vaccination issues.  

31 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I know Princess has gone from 100% to 95% vaccinated and now according to my Princess Vacation Planner these Alaska sailings are 100% vaccinated.  I've seen the thread about the under 12 year olds being cancelled.  

I am just wondering if people who are unvaccinated are still booked on these Alaska sailings.  

Please do not get into a debate about whether or not unvaccinated should be allowed. And please let's not discuss our views on vaccination.  

According to my PVP once proof of vaccination is asked for, Princess will deal with any lack of vaccination issues.  

No debates from me .... just following this thread!!  

Do you really think people who are booked and not vaccinated are going to "out" themselves on this forum? I predict this thread is going to be like an Molotov Cocktail sitting next to a campfire.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

It is my understanding that passengers will have to show proof of vaccination at check-in at Pier 91 (fully vaccinated and 14 days from the last dose prior to the embarkation date). 

Not having proof of being fully vaccinated may be similar to travelers not having a needed visa and being denied boarding at embarkation. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve only been cruising since 2015. I did about 6 months of reading and researching different lines. I ultimately chose Princess as my go to line followed by Cunard and then Celebrity.  The main reason was how people reported back about how Princess handled it when they made a mistake. 

I know that a lot of people were given the chance to move over from sailings they booked before vaccination was required. I’m wondering how Princess has handled any disappointment due to an unvaccinated person (not the children) now being told they can’t sail. 

Chernesky indicated that some unvaccinated people were moved over. Maybe it was only children so it’s a moot point. Just thought I’d ask. 

6 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’ve only been cruising since 2015. I did about 6 months of reading and researching different lines. I ultimately chose Princess as my go to line followed by Cunard and then Celebrity.  The main reason was how people reported back about how Princess handled it when they made a mistake. 

I know that a lot of people were given the chance to move over from sailings they booked before vaccination was required. I’m wondering how Princess has handled any disappointment due to an unvaccinated person (not the children) now being told they can’t sail. 

Chernesky indicated that some unvaccinated people were moved over. Maybe it was only children so it’s a moot point. Just thought I’d ask. 

See here:

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Once the health status portion of the Medallion App goes live I assume Princess will be requiring everyone to upload a vaccine card so they will know prior to the cruise who is not vaccinated.

• Like 1

As you may have read in my other thread that my cvp specifically stated that unvaccinated adults were allowed! He stressed that there may be some with religious exemptions. Not sure anyone knows specifics and I agree that I don't see anyone outing themselves. 

13 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Have you seen the current info...

Princess has now issued their official satement that they will be requiring documentation of Vaccination.

I am not sure, but I do imagine that there is the 5% leeway, if that is the current CDC guideline/requirement.   

the 95% vaccination is the CDC protocol cutoff level so I expect that is what the cruise lines are referring to when they make that comment.  That is the absolutely worse case situation.  I expect that they will be sailing at 100% or close to it.

• Like 1

I get the feeling, from here on CC, that many many people do want a 100%, or as close to that as possible, cruise.

We know that people here who have booked with children have been cancelled from those Alaskan cruises.  But, I am not sure if that is ALL children...  or the number of children that would exceed that 5%???

45 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I get the feeling, from here on CC, that many many people do want a 100%, or as close to that as possible, cruise.

We know that people here who have booked with children have been cancelled from those Alaskan cruises.  But, I am not sure if that is ALL children...  or the number of children that would exceed that 5%???

I am assuming that all children over 12 will have to be vaccinated to sail - don't know about under 12 who cannot yet get the vaccine

50 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Princess, HAL and Carnival have all stated no children under 12 on the Alaska cruises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, addie19 said:

As you may have read in my other thread that my cvp specifically stated that unvaccinated adults were allowed! He stressed that there may be some with religious exemptions. Not sure anyone knows specifics and I agree that I don't see anyone outing themselves. 

Yes and they have actually confirmed it here in the rules for sailing that they have finally released this afternoon:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

• Like 3

6 hours ago, addie19 said:

Yes addie19. I’ve been following your thread with interest. Some of us are being told by Princess vacation planners that the Alaska sailings are allowing unvaccinated, others of us are told absolutely no unvaccinated and the FAQ’s (azbirdmom linked above) has always said everyone (no exceptions) must be vaccinated while the travel advisories when booking has changed from no exceptions to yes exceptions to now it is again no exceptions to vaccination.  

Hence my question, is there actually, I mean in reality, are there unvaccinated people booked?  Our actual names and personal information are not known so I hope people would feel ok saying they are in that 5%. 

I saw your thread on Celebrity.  I really enjoyed my time on Millie.  I hope something works out for you. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

It is my understanding that passengers will have to show proof of vaccination at check-in at Pier 91 (fully vaccinated and 14 days from the last dose prior to the embarkation date). 

Not having proof of being fully vaccinated may be similar to travelers not having a needed visa and being denied boarding at embarkation. 

Per Princess:

It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with our current Princess vaccination policy.

Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation. Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.

Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding.

If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

• Like 2

Just before coming and noticing this thread, I had logged on to Princess and went to look at my upcoming cruises just to see if anything has changed.  There is a box you have to check that you have read and understand Princess Cruise Lines' updated policies.  Then there was another new box that tells you that Princess is requiring 100% of passengers to be fully vaccinated 14 days or more before sailing and proof of vaccination at the cruise port will be required.  We are both vaccinated (got the J & J shot so only one date on the card), and we fully support requiring 100% vaccination.  But as a retired teacher who taught digital graphics, I know how simple it would be to create and print out a card that would be identical to the one I have.  I know PCL has said that there will be severe consequence if people forge vaccine proof, but yikes; I sure hope no one would do that.  

11 minutes ago, RRFan said:

But as a retired teacher who taught digital graphics, I know how simple it would be to create and print out a card that would be identical to the one I have.  I know PCL has said that there will be severe consequence if people forge vaccine proof, but yikes; I sure hope no one would do that. 

What we have so far in Ontario is a simple PDF that can be edited if have the ADOBE software. 

I emailed my county department of health and had an immunization record emailed within two days after signing a form to release my records to myself. I’m bringing that, my Rx history from Walgreens showing both vaccines and my original card. 
When I check in July 25th I’m going to ask which docs are sufficient by themselves for proof. I’ll post what they say. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I will need to find out ( how I don't know ) if an original Covid-19 card that has been laminated will be accepted   -  Florida

I'd be curious about this one as well. My husband got his vaccine early, and they were recommending laminating the cards back then, so his is laminated but mine is not. I would assume accepting it will be fine, as the VP of sales originally told everyone to laminate the cards and then backed off that when everyone started screaming that laminating the card could ruin it (which it didn't). 

About any unVaccinated guests.

Princess has the Vaccinated Cruise Policy bar at the top of the cruise when you pull it up.

If you click the FAQ there, it says this:

"In accordance with CDC directives, guests on board these cruises are required to be fully vaccinated. It is our intention to accommodate guests on a case-by-case basis who are entitled to special accommodation under applicable laws, to the best of our ability. This is subject to the CDC guidelines for the maximum number of unvaccinated guests on board at any given time.

In accordance with CDC directives, all unvaccinated guests must follow these COVID-19 protocols:

show proof of a negative pre-travel COVID-19 Rt-PCR test performed 72 hours prior to sailing

have an embarkation day COVID-19 test performed at the terminal

have a COVID-19 test performed prior to disembarkation

wear a face mask at all times in doors, in accordance with health authority requirements. A face mask will be required during embarkation and disembarkation, spa treatments, approved shore excursions, medical center visits, and any indoor locations in crowded settings. Exceptions include temporarily, while eating and drinking, when inside your own stateroom or balcony, when performing high-activity exercise outdoors, outdoors when physical distancing of 3 ft (1 meter) can be maintained, and when in the pool

maintain physical distancing of 3 ft (1 meter) from other people outside your travel group, including at dining locations

guests will only be permitted to go ashore through shore excursions sold by or through Princess using tour operators who comply with our COVID-19 protocols. Self-exploration or participation in shore excursions not sold through or operated by Princess will not be permitted.

If you refuse to be tested or screened, or to follow the COVID-19 Protocols, you will be denied boarding and no refund or credit will be issued.

Anyone who doesn’t comply with the onboard public health measures may be disembarked at the first available opportunity. Other consequences could include being denied service, required stateroom isolation and being banned from sailing in the future. If you are non-compliant, no refund of the cruise fare for unused cruise days or travel expenses (if flying home) will be covered. If your travel party is impacted and/or they are required or voluntarily choose to leave with you, the same policies will apply to them: there will be no refund of cruise fare for unused cruise days or coverage of travel expenses home.

Given the above CDC directives for unvaccinated guests, if you feel you need to change your plans, please refer to our Book with Confidencepolicy for cancellation options."

54 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I emailed my county department of health and had an immunization record emailed within two days after signing a form to release my records to myself. I’m bringing that, my Rx history from Walgreens showing both vaccines and my original card. 
When I check in July 25th I’m going to ask which docs are sufficient by themselves for proof. I’ll post what they say. 

I went through and got a q code to scan for my records from CA. I already have a PDF from CVS that has my dates and shots on it.

• Like 1