Princess has finally updated its guidelines for sailing under CDC CSO

azbirdmom

Is there anywhere that Princess details the protocols to handle positive test/ asymptomatic on vaccinated individuals?  Stay in an isolated cabin  through the end of the voyage or get booted off on the next port?  I am fully vaccinated and would not want to get dropped off and left behind  in Mexico if tested positive on one of those closed loop cruises from CA.🥺

Edited by ebeluga

6 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

Is there anywhere that Princess details the protocols to handle positive test/ asymptomatic on vaccinated individuals?  Stay in an isolated cabin  through the end of the voyage or get booted off on the next port?  I am fully vaccinated and would not want to get dropped off and left behind  in Mexico if tested positive on one of those closed loop cruise from CA.🥺

It all depends on the severity of your symptoms.   The policy is documented:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, CI66774 said:

They aren’t. They’re gonna get spanked with millions of dollars in fines for every sailing out of Florida that violates the law. Moreover, FL is going to win any challenge to this law so Carnival, etc. will have to pay up. It’s going to be costly for them.

I am sure that some type of agreement will be worked about between the cruise industry and Florida.  

On 6/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, maggie777 said:

How do you think the non-vaccinated will be easily identified once on board?

IMO, how they should do it by wrist bands.  Vaccinated wear, say, a blue wrist band, while non-vaccinated wear a bright yellow one.  Something that really stands out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2021 at 6:29 PM, Thrak said:

Wow. There really is a lot of info there. I worry about this part:

=================================================

What Proof of Full Vaccination Will Be Accepted?

The following formats are acceptable proofs of full vaccination: COVID-19 vaccination card (original card only; no photocopies accepted), digital COVID-19 certificate (QR code acceptable); or record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification, personal electronic health record, or government Immunization information system (IIS) record.

The following identifiers for the proof of full vaccination should include your first and last name, a patient identifier such as date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID, type of vaccine (manufacturer), date of all doses administered, lot number, if available, and healthcare professional or clinic site name. The proof of full vaccination must show that your final dose of vaccine was received at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the beginning of the cruise. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the proof of vaccination you produce. During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

=================================================

From what I've read here on CC there are a lot of vaccination cards that don't include the name of the facility. I know ours don't have that and only have scribbled initials from the person who did the injection. Sounds like I may want to do the process to get the record from the state.

If you got your vaccine at Walmart, they can provide a QR code.  I had no problem getting mine. You can also print it out.  

Most people will cruise from Florida and wont care. I doubt the cruise lines will have any trouble filling ships. I would not go from Florida but I think we are in the minority. Its the fun ships. Drinkers and partiers could care less. You don't see Cunard leaving from there nor Princess, yet, butI believe they will. Stay tuned. Cruisers could send a message by not going , though I doubt this happens. They probably wont tell us if bookings are low. 

princess does have a cruise from Florida on Nov 21

Edited by oskidunker
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, Thrak said:

From what I've read here on CC there are a lot of vaccination cards that don't include the name of the facility. I know ours don't have that and only have scribbled initials from the person who did the injection. Sounds like I may want to do the process to get the record from the state.

All vaccinations were administered under the control and supervision of a medical facility, clinic, hospital, or other medical entity. They also have been administered under a physician of record, under whose license the injections were given. Easiest thing to do is find out who was responsible for administering your shots, contact them, and ask how to retrieve your vaccine record.  In my case, my CDC vacc record had my shots registered under "BH AZ State Fairgrounds," which stood for "Banner Health (the 'BH') Arizona State Fairgrounds."  I contacted Banner Health, registered on their website, and retrieved/downloaded my vaccination record, in case some tight-ass, rigid screener doesn't accept the 'BH" as being a local medical clinic. As for contacting the state, California, for example, has a state-run digitized vaccine record any CA resident can retrieve as proof, and download to a smart phone or tablet. Don't know about other states.

• Like 1

Tried to get our info from the California site. Since nobody took our phone numbers or email addresses at the time of vaccination the site returns a message saying they can't find our info. Apparently I need to go to another place, upload my ID and a copy of my vaccination card as well as my phone number and email address. Then they will supposedly be able to find my record and provide it to me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Tried to get our info from the California site. Since nobody took our phone numbers or email addresses at the time of vaccination the site returns a message saying they can't find our info. Apparently I need to go to another place, upload my ID and a copy of my vaccination card as well as my phone number and email address. Then they will supposedly be able to find my record and provide it to me.

Good luck!

34 minutes ago, PRNole47 said:

All vaccinations were administered under the control and supervision of a medical facility, clinic, hospital, or other medical entity. They also have been administered under a physician of record, under whose license the injections were given. Easiest thing to do is find out who was responsible for administering your shots, contact them, and ask how to retrieve your vaccine record.  In my case, my CDC vacc record had my shots registered under "BH AZ State Fairgrounds," which stood for "Banner Health (the 'BH') Arizona State Fairgrounds."  I contacted Banner Health, registered on their website, and retrieved/downloaded my vaccination record, in case some tight-ass, rigid screener doesn't accept the 'BH" as being a local medical clinic. As for contacting the state, California, for example, has a state-run digitized vaccine record any CA resident can retrieve as proof, and download to a smart phone or tablet. Don't know about other states.

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

As I discovered, it appears that here in AZ, reporting of vaccination data by providers to the state health department is, uh, "optional?" I say that because although we were able to obtain our Covid-19 vaccination records from the AZDHS, none of my other vaccinations in recent years were in their database. Fortunately, our Covid-19 vaccinations were from an AZDHS operated site so they had our data.

2 minutes ago, joepeka said:

As I discovered, it appears that here in AZ, reporting of vaccination data by providers to the state health department is, uh, "optional?" I say that because although we were able to obtain our Covid-19 vaccination records from the AZDHS, none of my other vaccinations in recent years were in their database. Fortunately, our Covid-19 vaccinations were from an AZDHS operated site so they had our data.

I think the only other vaccination info they "might" have is my annual flu shots and the Hep A shots I had before going to Tahiti. Ordinary stuff like MMR I never was vaccinated for as I had all of those diseases as a child. Also Chicken Pox and anything else that was prevalent in those days.

Edited by Thrak

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

Here in AZ, Banner has my wife's influenza shot records on their vaccine websites, which also contains her and my Covid. I don't take annual flu shots, so that's why they don't have that record for me other than the Covid one.

• Like 1

(Sorry for the double image) 

Found today.  When booking 2021 cruises out of CA & FL, the months available for CA cruises are Oct, Nov, Dec, and for FL they are Nov & Dec.  Once one gets to cabin selection for cruises originating in either state, here's what pops up:

1331221348_PCLcruiseperCDCrequirement.thumb.JPG.e0878586a9f891ccb683c1ed5b6a5503.JPG

image.png

Edited by PRNole47
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just logged on to princess and for my November canal cruise - I had to acknowledge that I have to prove I have been vaccinated.  This cruise leaves from Ft. Lauderdale.  and If I am unable to prove it, I will be denied boarding.  So it looks like princess is moving ahead no matter what the FL law.  I am glad

• Like 10

On 6/18/2021 at 7:05 PM, Ombud said:

See my Post #63. I've now got digital verification 😁

I went and got ours too. Then, being the curious type, I tried to read the QR code with a few different QR code readers. None of them worked, so I Googled it and found that the state will put out a reader app for this QR code "soon." I'm wondering what "soon" will turn out to be and if Princess will have the facility to read these by the time we're scheduled to cruise. I also took a screenshot of the page that shows the QR code and the details of the vaccination. The location the shots were given doesn't show there, and it's not on our cards. My card has two different initials in the location/professional column, but my hubby's has nothing in this column for either dose. I think we're probably going to be okay on this, but "think" is the operative word.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Thats hysterical!! So we're sent something that works as well as EDD. And in the state where Hewlett and Packard / Jobs / Google started 😅🤣😂

Yes, it is hysterical! Or it would be if it weren't messing with our vacation plans. 😂

• Like 2

17 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Most people will cruise from Florida and wont care. I doubt the cruise lines will have any trouble filling ships. I would not go from Florida but I think we are in the minority. Its the fun ships. Drinkers and partiers could care less. You don't see Cunard leaving from there nor Princess, yet, butI believe they will. Stay tuned. Cruisers could send a message by not going , though I doubt this happens. They probably wont tell us if bookings are low. 

princess does have a cruise from Florida on Nov 21

Princess has been cruising out of Florida for years, as has Celebrity.. not just the "fun ships" and "drinkers and partiers"??  Princess has cruises departing Port Everglades this cruise season as early as November 3rd.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

Tried to get our info from the California site. Since nobody took our phone numbers or email addresses at the time of vaccination the site returns a message saying they can't find our info

13 hours ago, PRNole47 said:

Here in AZ, Banner has my wife's influenza shot records on their vaccine websites, which also contains her and my Covid.

It appears while looking into a land vacation to Hawaii, and both your comments, it seems that in the US States can not communicate with others as far as the Covid Vaccine database (Hawaii is only waving PCR test for those that got vaccinated in HI, they say they don't have access to other states databases). This is not good

53 minutes ago, Darklady said:

Princess has been cruising out of Florida for years, as has Celebrity.. not just the "fun ships" and "drinkers and partiers"??  Princess has cruises departing Port Everglades this cruise season as early as November 3rd.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but the Nov 3rd and 5th are arrivals at Lauderdale from London. The earliest departure from Lauderdale I could find is 11/6 for the Panama Canal and 11/10 for the Southern Carib and Curacao.

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I went and got ours too. Then, being the curious type, I tried to read the QR code with a few different QR code readers. None of them worked, so I Googled it and found that the state will put out a reader app for this QR code "soon." I'm wondering what "soon" will turn out to be and if Princess will have the facility to read these by the time we're scheduled to cruise. I also took a screenshot of the page that shows the QR code and the details of the vaccination. The location the shots were given doesn't show there, and it's not on our cards. My card has two different initials in the location/professional column, but my hubby's has nothing in this column for either dose. I think we're probably going to be okay on this, but "think" is the operative word.

Thanks for mentioning this! I did the same thing and checked the code! I was wondering what would happen since I wasn't able to read the code with my QR reader.