Debarkation question

We usually leave with the self-assist Platinum group (no snarky remarks, please), but our flight after our July cruise doesn’t leave until after 1 pm. We don’t want to sit in the airport for hours. If we choose to stay on longer, are we allowed to self-assist any time later at our convenience? I don’t remember what the usual delivered letter says. We’d prefer to just take our own luggage. 

Thanks!

Self Assist are asked to be the first off the ship as to not tie up the hallways with their luggage while everyone else is debarking. While you might be able to self assist later, please be mindful of the other passengers.

• Like 1

You might as well pt your luggage outside of your cabin and collect it after you leave the ship. They still are going to make you eventually leave in either case, and will want you out of the cabin earlier than you like.

Food service and everything else will shutdown by 9 or so.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Self Assist are asked to be the first off the ship as to not tie up the hallways with their luggage while everyone else is debarking. While you might be able to self assist later, please be mindful of the other passengers.

This.

There is a reason why these things are done the way they are.  

• Like 1

You said your flight leaves after 1:00, seems to me you may want to forget the self assist and just put your bags out the night before like everyone else. You can enjoy breakfast at your leisure and debark anytime up until last call. Please remember the airports are really busy this summer with long lines at TSA so I don't think you'll be sitting around at the airport for hours.

Can't answer for debarkation at all, but airport wait times are long depending on the airport. There are lots of delays, cancelations, and issues with workforce. There is a reasons 1000s of flights are being canceled. Some have a better grasp on it over others, but one slight hiccup in the NE can impact all flights in the SE. The same goes for any region. 

Our return flights in Nov is at 6PM. We will get to the airport when we get there. If we arrive by say 11AM, we will curb check our bags, get an Uber to a restaurant until say 2PM, then Uber back to the airport. We will be flying out of MCO and I expect Thanksgiving to be massive crowds, flights canceled and/or overbooked. 

The previous posts are all correct.

You will have to vacate your cabin by about 8AM.  You can go to the Lido buffet and enjoy a leisure breakfast, then leave whenever you want.  We have done that quite often.  But as others have stated, you should not wait too long. The line through customs can be long (port dependent), then getting to the airport, going through TSA, etc, etc.  I really do not think you will have to "wait hours" at the airport.

I would find out about your airport's arrival time.  Here in Charlotte, they are advising people to arrive 3 hours early because of staffing issues.  You may not want to be the last ones off the ship.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Can't answer for debarkation at all, but airport wait times are long depending on the airport. There are lots of delays, cancelations, and issues with workforce. There is a reasons 1000s of flights are being canceled. Some have a better grasp on it over others, but one slight hiccup in the NE can impact all flights in the SE. The same goes for any region. 

Our return flights in Nov is at 6PM. We will get to the airport when we get there. If we arrive by say 11AM, we will curb check our bags, get an Uber to a restaurant until say 2PM, then Uber back to the airport. We will be flying out of MCO and I expect Thanksgiving to be massive crowds, flights canceled and/or overbooked. 

Generally I don't think you can check bags more than 4 hours before your flight 

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Guess I didn't realize that, good to know. I must have been very use to Disney trips where they take your luggage and you don't have to worry about it. We will have to look at what we can do now. Even getting off the ship as late as possible puts us at MCO around 11AM-12PM. Our flight isn't until 6PM. 

On 6/30/2021 at 9:14 AM, Runaway Parent said:

We usually leave with the self-assist Platinum group (no snarky remarks, please), but our flight after our July cruise doesn’t leave until after 1 pm. We don’t want to sit in the airport for hours. If we choose to stay on longer, are we allowed to self-assist any time later at our convenience? I don’t remember what the usual delivered letter says. We’d prefer to just take our own luggage. 

Thanks!

Check the night before on when they want everyone off of the ship. Just leave at that time. You can go to the buffet. They usually have a bar open also. But cash is required.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:24 PM, BlerkOne said:

21 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Guess I didn't realize that, good to know. I must have been very use to Disney trips where they take your luggage and you don't have to worry about it. We will have to look at what we can do now. Even getting off the ship as late as possible puts us at MCO around 11AM-12PM. Our flight isn't until 6PM. 

There is no time restriction for Curb Side SkyCap Luggage.  You can leave your luggage with them.  Also Disney's Resort Airline Check in where they took your luggage from the resort to the airport was (no longer available) was run by Bags who operates SkyCap at airports,  SkyCap Services are not currently operating

On 7/1/2021 at 3:41 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

A couple years ago when we tried to check our bags earl in Seattle, they would not allow us to do so. You could only check in a couple ours early. I forget if it was 2 or 4. So we sat outside until it we could. 

On 6/30/2021 at 8:14 AM, Runaway Parent said:

Thanks!

Platinum gives you priority but its not a requirement. You can leave when you see fit.

We've lingered in completely appropriate areas of the ship having vacated our room by 8a with our luggage in tow.  That's been anywhere from Lido to the Aft Lounge.  Where you can't be is the main atrium as that's being used for debarkation.  There is a point when they will 'kick you off' although we've never been there nearly that late.  But there's zero reason to rush if you have a late flight.  By the way, 1p is not 'late' at most any port.

MCO is my home airport, I live near Port Canaveral (Merritt Island).

Max bag check is 2-2.5 hours depending on airline. 

Look into a day pass with Prioritypass.com

MCO has two "Club at MCO" lounges, one at each end. It's a typical lounge with chairs, wifi, booze, beer, snacks

Matter of fact, worth joining in general if you travel a lot or free with some AMEX cards

They have lounges around the world you can use

• Like 1