MASSIVE Price Drops on Coco Cay

Check your cruise planner if you are going to Coco Cay.

Overwater Cabanas went from $1,899 to $1,499

Coco Beach Club Beach Cabanas dropped from $1,399 to $699.

ALL other Cabanas have dropped from $999 to $499.

I had Coco Beach Club Day Passes booked for $300 for 3 of us. I cancelled and booked the Beach Cabana I could not resist!

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Moltar said:

Because they most likely have a S*** ton of money and it's a non issue. God bless em.  Clearly they were not selling those cabanas at those prices regardless.

100% with you. In all honesty, I’m not sure why people question why others get them. I don’t ask why people buy a drink package, it’s their prerogative.  

It’s just nice to know when others share the possibility of price savings.  It’s a great gesture, even if others choose not to be partake in the savings. Some will though. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Moltar said:

I checked mine in case it was an actual 4th of July sale instead of specific to certain sailings, but unfortunately mine hasn't budged. 😕 Cabanas still range from 1k to 1800, and the Beach Club is still 179.

More power to them if the market will actually bear those prices, but as for myself ... nah, not worth it.  But I will definitely keep checking!

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

100% with you. In all honesty, I’m not sure why people question why others get them. I don’t ask why people buy a drink package, it’s their prerogative.  

It’s just nice to know when others share the possibility of price savings.  It’s a great gesture, even if others choose not to be partake in the savings. Some will though. 

Depending on what or how one drinks, the drink package can be quite a value.  The cabanas, at those price ranges, offer no value......no matter how some can easily afford them. 

Edited by jerseyjjs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I checked mine in case it was an actual 4th of July sale instead of specific to certain sailings, but unfortunately mine hasn't budged. 😕 Cabanas still range from 1k to 1800, and the Beach Club is still 179.

More power to them if the market will actually bear those prices, but as for myself ... nah, not worth it.  But I will definitely keep checking!

My cruise is less than three weeks away check when your cruise is 20 days away

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't understand why people would pay more to rent a cabana for a few hours than they paid for the cruise to get them there.

Our currently booked cruise does not stop at CocoCay.  However, the one that was booked & canceled in 2020 did include CocoCay, and we had two cabanas booked for our first visit there.  (I can’t remember the cost, but I know it was a sale under $600 each.)  There were about 25 family members sailing together, and the cabana rentals were to insure that those over 80 (and a few younger in poor physical condition) had a place to sit in the shade.  With a cabana, food & water would be brought to our elderly and the rest of us wouldn’t have to worry about them standing in a buffet line or attempting to balance food while walking through the sand.  We had selected cabanas in an area that we could grab the beach wheel chairs, if needed.  We also had a couple of young moms who wanted to have a definite napping place for their little kids.

For our large group, it was worth the expense for the convenience factor.  I think it was 6 wristbands per cabana, so when you divide the cabana price out per person, it was a reasonable decision for our multi-generational family.  Sadly, we never got to experience it.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Depending on what or how one drinks, the drink package can be quite a value.  The cabanas, at those price ranges, offer no value......no matter how some can easily afford them. 

A colleague (pre-covid) went to Tahiti with his fiancé, he paid less than half as much ($549) per night in an exclusive 5-star all-Cabana hotel than the cost of an over-water cabanas for 8 hours. To be clear, to each their own and how they spend their money is their business, I'm simply saying I just don't see the value proposition of such big premium on these amenities in Coco Cay.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't understand why people would pay more to rent a cabana for a few hours than they paid for the cruise to get them there.

Cabana prices are considerably cheaper than my cruise prices.  That being said, I'm not a beach person so these don't interest me at any price.

SO happy for those who got to take advantage of a price drop.  Unfortunately, our floating cabana price has never, ever budged (up or down).  It was $1199 when we purchased it and it's still $1199.  We are visiting CC on the 17 Sept on Mariner.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, coldflame said:

A colleague (pre-covid) went to Tahiti with his fiancé, he paid less than half as much ($549) per night in an exclusive 5-star all-Cabana hotel than the cost of an over-water cabanas for 8 hours. To be clear, to each their own and how they spend their money is their business, I'm simply saying I just don't see the value proposition of such big premium on these amenities in Coco Cay.

There are thousands more potential customers for CocoCay than an exclusive Tahitian destination 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jerseyjjs said:

For you perhaps.

For someone who is always observant of melanoma, the cabana price can be money well spent. Especially if one wants to enjoy the experience, with out extra risk. 

It all depends on an individual’s priorities. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moltar said:

Overwater Cabanas went from $1,899 to $1,499

Coco Beach Club Beach Cabanas dropped from $1,399 to $699.

ALL other Cabanas have dropped from $999 to $499.

I had Coco Beach Club Day Passes booked for $300 for 3 of us. I cancelled and booked the Beach Cabana I could not resist!

Prices have not dropped,,, yet,,, on our September cruise. Hoping for something a little more affordable. 

image.png.f6732d592f4cca3b146ea01edade5aeb.png

image.png.da87cfe26896a388f6c1ebd5774569ca.png

image.png.5d9699f6fec1607af18c00c35dc7fa01.png

image.png.4a5bba19d8b2305e0acab0205740cfa9.png

1 hour ago, jerseyjjs said:

Value depends on the individual. For me and My wife the value is a possible beach day,   Now 5 years cancer free but the cost of beating it has left her weak and in pain, The cabanas allow a break area out of the sun and a place to rest (real value)..  So sometimes we get a cabana and sometimes we stay on the ship, So nice to have options

• Like 18

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

There are thousands more potential customers for CocoCay than an exclusive Tahitian destination 

I'm not talking about demand, which of course drives pricing, I'm talking about the value proposition (at any price).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Spot on. Enjoy your vacation, stop criticizing what prople choose to buy and do on their vacation 

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For you perhaps.

For someone who is always observant of melanoma, the cabana price can be money well spent. Especially if one wants to enjoy the experience, with out extra risk. 

It all depends on an individual’s priorities. 

Just had a squamous carcinoma extracted last week.  #24 carcinoma extraction over a 4.5 year span.  There's plenty of ways to protect yourself from the sun than blowing $1,500+ for 8 hours