The Daily for Thursday August 19, 2021

richwmn

14 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I tried to respond on my iPhone earlier, and CC wasn't having it!  But thank you for the information, Jacqui, we are certainly waiting with bated breath to see what is going to happen.  We are decided that if the TA doesn't go, we will not go on the segment before the TA.    But why on earth couldn't they have postponed the final payment date until they make up their minds!

I think they are trying to deal with some regulation that CDC set that said ships not in a US port must sail empty for 14 days.  There’s some ambiguity between the expiry of the order and the wording.

Why wouldn’t they postpone final payment date?  Ann, that involves common sense.  It seems to be lacking more and more 😉 😔 

• Like 10

We had an extra half day in Halifax when we couldn't get in to St. John's.  What a beautiful boardwalk. We took a city bus to the Fairlawn Cemetery. And we did a Segway tour that took us up to the Citadel. Probably the last Segway tour we will do, as they are no longer being produced.

@Quartzsite CruiserLiked your pictures of Theodore the Tugboat. He was sold this summer and has moved to Hamilton  Ontario.  He sailed slowly up the St. Lawrence, making stops in many cities, so people could see him. 

@rafinmd Hope all goes well with the PET

@cat shepardSorry you didn't get rid of the brace.  The 2 weeks will go by quickly.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Busy day here on the Daily.  Roy will probably have a hard time keeping up with us all!

Earlier today while looking at Halifax pictures I saw one taken after we left Halifax and headed south to Fort Lauderdale (no stops in between).  We had a beautiful sunset before our arrival in Florida and thought I'd share it.  

September 28, 201100-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIOnddO3alJHu3a0J42gCzz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616116072

• Like 23

Good afternoon/evening.  It's been a busy day today and I'm just now looking at the Daily -- going last to first.  Does anyone else do that if they get here late?  Sometimes I look at magazine's that way, too.

@StLouisCruisers, that sunset is beautiful.  We will see Halifax hopefully same time of year, fall 2022, and on down to Ft. Lauderdale. I hope we see such fair skies.

@Overhead Fredthank you for the testimonial on the cocktail.  The color of it is so intriguing -- good special cocktail for Halloween.  Glad it tastes good, too.

Two other things jump out at me -- @cat shepard still in the brace, and @rafinmdhaving a PET scan.  Good thoughts coming to both of you.  

Now I'm going to continue reading here.  Have a nice evening, Everyone 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

@Overhead Fredthank you for the testimonial on the cocktail.  The color of it is so intriguing -- good special cocktail for Halloween.  Glad it tastes good, too.

Make sure you get a crème de violette that has a good deep purple color. I have seen some that are rather pale. They may taste fine but wouldn't give the cocktail its intriguing color. I have been sticking with Rothman & Winter -

Rothman & Winter Creme de Violette 750ml

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Make sure you get a crème de violette that has a good deep purple color. I have seen some that are rather pale. They may taste fine but wouldn't give the cocktail its intriguing color. I have been sticking with Rothman & Winter -

Rothman & Winter Creme de Violette 750ml

Thank you!!   I'm taking a picture of the bottle right this minute so it's in my phone.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Busy day here on the Daily.  Roy will probably have a hard time keeping up with us all!

Earlier today while looking at Halifax pictures I saw one taken after we left Halifax and headed south to Fort Lauderdale (no stops in between).  We had a beautiful sunset before our arrival in Florida and thought I'd share it.  

September 28, 201100-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIOnddO3alJHu3a0J42gCzz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616116072

🌺Oh this is a keeper for me !!

Beautiful. The lighting is perfect.

Goes in my Journal 

Denise😊

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good afternoon/evening.  It's been a busy day today and I'm just now looking at the Daily -- going last to first.  Does anyone else do that if they get here late?  Sometimes I look at magazine's that way, too.

@StLouisCruisers, that sunset is beautiful.  We will see Halifax hopefully same time of year, fall 2022, and on down to Ft. Lauderdale. I hope we see such fair skies.

That’s so funny. I read magazines that way too!  (Sometimes the Daily but not as often). 

Which sailing are you on next fall?  We have a similar itinerary October 8, 2022 on the Nieuw Statendam. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

That’s so funny. I read magazines that way too!  (Sometimes the Daily but not as often). 

Which sailing are you on next fall?  We have a similar itinerary October 8, 2022 on the Nieuw Statendam. 

Same!  Great minds think alike!  🤗

We're really trying hard to fill in the dance card with things we think will be a "Go."

• Like 6

Good evening everyone. Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I’ll celebrate all the days today, especially potatoes. We eat a lot of them and Craig makes the best mashed potatoes ever. I love the quote by Louis Armstrong. We just watched Hello Dolly for the umpteenth time and I love the scene with him and Barbra Streisand. I believe he won a Grammy for his performance. 

I have been to Halifax, once with DM and once with Craig and DM. I’ll have to post some pictures from the desktop in a minute. Blue is waiting for his last treat of the day. He likes to “get in my face” and stare at me to get my attention. 

Today’s treatment for DM was long. The machine went down with her on the table. It came back up but she was on the table the whole time, a quite uncomfortable position. 

Have a great evening!

• Like 12

A very late hello Dailyites from warm and sunny Ft Lauderdale.  The perfect antidote to yesterday’s proceedings.  The testaments to my dear SIL at the shiva were heartwarming.  Chilling at Lago Mar resort is fantastic.  Thank you all for your kind messages and condolences.  I’ll probably be out of touch for the next few days but I do plan to cheer the ships out of the channel!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

DM and I were on the Maasdam September 2005 and I don't know where those pictures are.  Then the three of us were on the Eurodam Aug/Sept 2009.  Mom and I went on a tour together to the Titanic museum and cemetery and Craig  went to Peggy's Cove and he had the camera that day.

IMG_0877.thumb.JPG.c6ac5a84d5437bcb5ee003225d4a27b3.JPG

IMG_0879.thumb.JPG.008a7956fb6b1f60ebca0202b736bfd8.JPG

IMG_0895.thumb.JPG.2f339649c0026c3f607ef63a3f6d9d57.JPG

IMG_0902.thumb.JPG.9063943d35953b2a000cfa4504edf190.JPG

IMG_0872.thumb.JPG.b2b1652f83aa37338270fc61838bc94f.JPG

IMG_0903.thumb.JPG.87e4322fbb066e2cd85e046435198b04.JPG

IMG_0904.thumb.JPG.d1e9b0e74bf8170d0f88ebe88149fadd.JPG

IMG_0905.thumb.JPG.df2f0279716d52452ae9f5712c2d259f.JPG

This was from Venice to honor John Cabot who was born in Italy as Giovanni Caboto.  Translation:

The Veneto region
To the province of
Nova Scotia
on the occasion of the
fifth centenary of the
arrival in Canada of
Giovani Caboto
Halifax 23 August 1997

IMG_0919.thumb.JPG.b4ea353b12608a46ddb9ed1be6d2f145.JPG

And our towel animal that night:

IMG_0925.thumb.JPG.bb682e5a5307ea6c74734c43aa28d444.JPG

• Like 19

Thanks to Rich for the Daily, to Roy for the lists, and to everyone for photos , humour and information.

@kazu what a great Travel Agent,  pleased that your bookings are now in order.

@rafinmd when will you get the result of your scan?

DH has delived Meals on Wheels to housebound folk today, decided to call in at a supermarket for a few items before returning home, he abandoned the idea when he saw the huge line of people waiting to enter the shop, especially as the wind is quite bitter.....feels as if it's straight from the Antarctic

The temperature is 5 C.

Today another 11 Delta cases, 3 of these are in Wellington, they had visited Auckland.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

These pictures are of our visit in 2009 on Tahitian Princess, 2013 four stops on b2b2b2bs on Veendam, and our final visit in 2019 on Veendam's TA.  @rafinmd  BTW, Roy, we boarded the Veendam on August 24, 2013.  I'm guessing that is the day you disembarked Veendam.

I think you're right.  I think August 17-31 may have been quite a period for Dailyites.  I may be wrong but I think @Crazy For Cats and/or @dfish were on my cruise.  When in Saint John that cruise I also met @kazu at a local Tim Hortons for coffee.

Roy

• Like 7

1 minute ago, erewhon said:

Thanks to Rich for the Daily, to Roy for the lists, and to everyone for photos , humour and information.

@kazu what a great Travel Agent,  pleased that your bookings are now in order.

@rafinmd when will you get the result of your scan?

DH has delived Meals on Wheels to housebound folk today, decided to call in at a supermarket for a few items before returning home, he abandoned the idea when he saw the huge line of people waiting to enter the shop, especially as the wind is quite bitter.....feels as if it's straight from the Antarctic

The temperature is 5 C.

Today another 11 Delta cases, 3 of these are in Wellington, they had visited Auckland.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Sorry to hear about the continuing Covid Spike, the run on groceries, and the weather.  I don;t have a real time frame for the scan results.  I think a long delay will be good news.  My next appointment with the Oncologist is in about 2 months.

Roy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think you're right.  I think August 17-31 may have been quite a period for Dailyites.  I may be wrong but I think @Crazy For Cats and/or @dfish were on my cruise.  When in Saint John that cruise I also met @kazu at a local Tim Hortons for coffee.

Roy

We were on that cruise with you.   

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Sorry to hear about the continuing Covid Spike, the run on groceries, and the weather.  I don;t have a real time frame for the scan results.  I think a long delay will be good news.  My next appointment with the Oncologist is in about 2 months.

Roy

Thank you for your reply.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

The PM has just announced that the entire country will remain in Lockdown  until at least Tuesday 24th at 11.59 pm.

This is not something to "like", but thanks for posting the info. Please stay safe and healthy.

Lori & George

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Top of the morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. Many thanks to all who contribute. Roy I'm hoping you are well this morning. 

Jacqui so good to know you got your cruise straightened out. What a great TA you have. Ann I'm hoping all goes well with your cast removal. 

My sweet husband flew helicopters for 29 years. Will raise a glass to all aviators tonight.

I love potatoes, just not with cheese added. I make an old Bohemian recipe for potato pancakes my grandmother made. We love them! 

image.png.32a70c97c7e414cb85f1d8851b7213af.png

Loved our cruise from Quebec to Boston on NCL Gem.  Ate lobster whenever we could. Prayers and Cheers 

0917191332.jpg

That's who keeps flying over our house--daily midday, making a racket--your hubby!  I can't figure out what he's doing every day.  Doesn't seem to be going to a destination. . .just in and out of the airport for 30 mins.  (we are in SC).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

No, I have to read The Daily from the beginning. Although when I used to read “real” books I would get so excited/anxious about the storyline I would skip to the last chapter to know how it turned out!

Yesterday (Thursday) I was really busy/tired. Started reading a couple times but got interrupted. Just finished so now I’m going to get to Friday before I start my day. 😉

• Like 2