The Daily for Wednesday November 24, 2021

richwmn

Wow, what a long day it's been!  Right after I made the pumpkin pie, DH reminded me I needed to sign into AARP and take the Smart Driver Course because our 3 years are up since we last took the course.  Besides the benefits of the knowledge gained, you also get a 10% discount on your auto insurance.  So I spent 4 hours refreshing my memory and taking quizzes.  I signed out and have 3 more chapters to do tomorrow which will take about 2 more hours.  That is not what I wanted to be doing this afternoon!  I had planned on writing out more Christmas cards (still have the holiday letter to write).  It's been quite a chore because these cards have so much glitter on them - it's all over the table.  DH hates glitter and is grumbling a lot about it.  I had no idea about the glitter because I purchased the cards online last year after Christmas.  I never even thought about it, but now I know better!  

@grapau27what a beautiful tree!  Tell Pauline she is very talented at decorating.  Also that was such a sweet photo of Pauline with her Mam and Sarah.  Thanks for posting it.  @Sharon in AZ your pumpkin cookie photos are great!  DGD did an excellent job of decorating and personalizing them.  @lazey1since you were the first to claim them, my scallops are yours!  @bennybear, who knows?  The Londoners may find they like buttermilk biscuits better than the tried and true cookie-style biscuits!  Nah, probably not.  😀

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

A few pictures from Denali. 

In Denali Park

0791.thumb.JPG.bb5c39ad3dd2c7e3cfce73487b1b1907.JPG

Bears

1597754417_0816-Bears.thumb.JPG.004e7f6b23ab56646b4f3935eefff738.JPG

Caribou

0844.thumb.JPG.062fb18d86fa469a6f50275d14a6245c.JPG

Denali Flight Seeing tour

1644605700_0859b-TheIntrepidFlyers.thumb.JPG.e8017f0d1b0421227090430833ffffc6.JPG

Rainbow in the sky

238459698_0874-Rainbowinthesky.thumb.JPG.3b2f089da4cbc70d30ffc14a8f36c1cc.JPG

Breaking through the clouds. Denali's 2 peaks, which are 2 miles apart!

1360819878_0882-Denalis2peakswhichare2milesapart.thumb.JPG.da1a2c9aa5c895e7bcaf6991c303e1f7.JPG

Circling around Denali

0884.thumb.JPG.1fbe7751e5f842b5155693969467ad42.JPG

1615600739_0895-GoingaroundDenali.thumb.JPG.3d196284c60c55e229eac234111b202d.JPG

Beautiful views!  Thanks to you and all who posted today!

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow, what a long day it's been!  Right after I made the pumpkin pie, DH reminded me I needed to sign into AARP and take the Smart Driver Course because our 3 years are up since we last took the course.  Besides the benefits of the knowledge gained, you also get a 10% discount on your auto insurance.  So I spent 4 hours refreshing my memory and taking quizzes.  I signed out and have 3 more chapters to do tomorrow which will take about 2 more hours.  That is not what I wanted to be doing this afternoon!  I had planned on writing out more Christmas cards (still have the holiday letter to write).  It's been quite a chore because these cards have so much glitter on them - it's all over the table.  DH hates glitter and is grumbling a lot about it.  I had no idea about the glitter because I purchased the cards online last year after Christmas.  I never even thought about it, but now I know better!  

@grapau27what a beautiful tree!  Tell Pauline she is very talented at decorating.  Also that was such a sweet photo of Pauline with her Mam and Sarah.  Thanks for posting it.  @Sharon in AZ your pumpkin cookie photos are great!  DGD did an excellent job of decorating and personalizing them.  @lazey1since you were the first to claim them, my scallops are yours!  @bennybear, who knows?  The Londoners may find they like buttermilk biscuits better than the tried and true cookie-style biscuits!  Nah, probably not.  😀

Thank you Sandi.

Pauline always makes everything look nice.

Paulines lovely mam was 95 when I took that photo 4 years ago.

I hope you and your family have an amazing Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Graham

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well, I am finally over the gall stone incident.  Today I went to the doctor's office and he removed the stent that was installed last Friday.  I was surprised to see it.  I assumed it would be a small plastic or metal tube, maybe an inch long.  It was actually a complicated looking thing about five inches long with a ring on each end.  Got a copy of the stone analysis this afternoon.  It was composed of 50% calcium oxalate monoh (whatever that is) and 50% uric acid.  The doctor said he will be sending me some information on how to avoid kidney stones in the future.

We have decided to stay at home together for Thanksgiving.  Sara will be cooking a small turkey and our DS and DDIL will visit the DDIL's mother.  However, we will be getting together in a little more than a week for my 82nd birthday.

Ray

• Like 19

Well, our 4 hour drive turned into a 6 hour drive but we are here safe and sound and that’s all that matters. Thanks for all the pictures, everyone, both scenic and portrait. They are beautiful. 

Speaking of glitter… I brought my Christmas cards to do in our hotel room since we’re here for a few days. Totally forgot I had (and hate) glitter too. 😂  Is the singular a glit?  I usually find at least one glit on my face days after coming into contact with it. Apparently my husband doesn’t have eyes because he never notices. What’s up with that?

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

26 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Well, our 4 hour drive turned into a 6 hour drive but we are here safe and sound and that’s all that matters. Thanks for all the pictures, everyone, both scenic and portrait. They are beautiful. 

Speaking of glitter… I brought my Christmas cards to do in our hotel room since we’re here for a few days. Totally forgot I had (and hate) glitter too. 😂  Is the singular a glit?  I usually find at least one glit on my face days after coming into contact with it. Apparently my husband doesn’t have eyes because he never notices. What’s up with that?

I wish my DH never noticed a single speck of glitter!  Eyes like a hawk, at least when it concerns glitter!  But why do the greeting card manufacturers think we want glitter literally poured on the cards?

Enjoy your holiday!  It's just the two of us celebrating here.

• Like 14

11 hours ago, kb4683 said:

@Vict0riann

EA53D2BE-6AB7-4966-9B2C-BD8EDC3870B6.gif.19f82cfb0480f6a7a70e29b6a4541468.gif

@kazu  for your DH -

FF86EF5E-8521-4CE0-9C81-0C26F1B8BE21.jpeg.805218f85b70cff044d63195f5b5a05c.jpeg

11 hours ago, dfish said:

And, wishing the happiest of birthday's to Jose, @kazu's DH.

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.fa4ee2b107626c22afd25b5abf054024.jpg

11 hours ago, ger_77 said:

And a Happy Birthday to @kazu's DH Jose - with many happy returns of the day!

11 hours ago, cat shepard said:

@kazu

Please wish José a wonderful start to his new year. May it be filled with love, laughter, great health, a cruise - or two, and lots of HOT peppers!

7CAD7E55-9271-45AA-8641-06FC62FA758E.jpeg.2a87908c54c3ef2830605be420c9cd87.jpeg

11 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@kazuHappy Birthday to your DH 🎂 and many more

10 hours ago, cunnorl said:

@kazu   Wishing your DH a very Happy Birthday! May he have many more.

10 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  everyone. First,a very Happy Birthday  to @kazu's DH,Jose.

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Love these memes.

Happy birthday to your husband Jacqui.

Screenshot_20211028_164408.jpg

10 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Happy Birthday,  🎉🎁 Jose. Have a great day.

10 hours ago, summer slope said:

And happy Anniversay to @Vict0riann and Happy Birthday to Jose.

10 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Happy Birthday Jose!

9 hours ago, kplady said:

@kazuHappy birthday wishes to Jose - hope his day will be great!

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy Birthday wishes to @kazu's DH Jose, too!

9 hours ago, NextOne said:

Happy Birthday to @kazu's dear Jose - may all his wishes come true this year! I hope the weather will let you celebrate appropriately!

8 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:
Also to @kazu Jacqui please wish Jose a Happy Birthday from Martha and Tony , we still talk about our good times together while on the Prinsendam , that was an amazing cruise.

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@kazu Jacqui, please tell Jose Happy Birthday!!  🧁🎈🎉

Thanks so much everyone from Jose & I ♥️ 

A bit of a hectic, challenging day today but Jose got his dinner choice - no scallops tonight - Liver with bacon & onions (I know some of you are cringing but he loves it - and the dogs do too 😉 ).  The dogs get a taste of bacon & liver as a treat.  Onions are a no, no of course 😉 

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, and thank you for the anniversary wishes, our very best Happy Birthday to Jose!

6 hours ago, bennybear said:

Happy birthday Jose!  @kazu

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu    🎉 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOSE 🎂

3 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Very Happy Birthday to @kazu's hubby Jose.  

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu Happy Birthday to José. 

Thanks kindly 🙂 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Love it!  Glit!  My daughter has banned any projects using glitter in her house.  Talk about eyes like a hawk!  I had done a project with the grandsons using glitter and she found a "glit" on the couch LOL!  So now we don't use glitter. 😉  

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

It's a pleasant sunny day, temperature 20 C .

Thanks for all the Daily reports, humour, recipes and the photos of Denali.

@Vict0riann Congratulations to you and Pat on your Anniversary.

@JazzyV  good news that you have your  new dental crown.

@kazuWishing your DH a very Happy Birthday.

Also, @kazu  Thank you for such an impressive example of multiquoting.......  16 in one post.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

One of our Tech Team members (who is a single father of a daughter) insists glitter is from the devil. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

@kazuHappy Birthday to your DH.

Had to laugh at the liver comment. All the males in the family like liver, and my Mum made it for them when she would visit. And she always 'accidentally ' dropped a piece, that then had to be given   to our  dog.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Well, I am finally over the gall stone incident.  Today I went to the doctor's office and he removed the stent that was installed last Friday.  I was surprised to see it.  I assumed it would be a small plastic or metal tube, maybe an inch long.  It was actually a complicated looking thing about five inches long with a ring on each end.  Got a copy of the stone analysis this afternoon.  It was composed of 50% calcium oxalate monoh (whatever that is) and 50% uric acid.  The doctor said he will be sending me some information on how to avoid kidney stones in the future.

We have decided to stay at home together for Thanksgiving.  Sara will be cooking a small turkey and our DS and DDIL will visit the DDIL's mother.  However, we will be getting together in a little more than a week for my 82nd birthday.

Ray

Such great news Ray!  

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks so much everyone from Jose & I ♥️ 

A bit of a hectic, challenging day today but Jose got his dinner choice - no scallops tonight - Liver with bacon & onions (I know some of you are cringing but he loves it - and the dogs do too 😉 ).  The dogs get a taste of bacon & liver as a treat.  Onions are a no, no of course 😉 

I would love to have liver and onions!  My DM made the best and I’m sure yours are even better with the addition of bacon. It’s also really good with steak sauce— usually A1. Haven’t had it in so many years! 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 7

Oooh liver 🤢.  But the birthday celebrant gets to pick and as long as he’s happy!  my parents and kids like it,  shows the impact of grandparents.   

re glitter,  you have not seen glitter until you have twenty pound boxes of it!  Sigh, when your DS Is an artist…. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, erewhon said:

@kazuWishing your DH a very Happy Birthday.

Also, @kazu  Thank you for such an impressive example of multiquoting.......  16 in one post.

Thank you.  I HAD to multi quote or I would have been dominating the thread posting thank you’s 😉 

6 hours ago, Tbay said:

@kazuHappy Birthday to your DH.

Had to laugh at the liver comment. All the males in the family like liver, and my Mum made it for them when she would visit. And she always 'accidentally ' dropped a piece, that then had to be given   to our  dog.

LOL - I don’t “drop” any.  Liver is good for the dogs and there’s always more than we can eat so they get some as a treat 😉 

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I would love to have liver and onions!  My DM made the best and I’m sure yours are even better with the addition of bacon. It’s also really good with steak sauce— usually A1. Haven’t had it in so many years! 

DH has a sauce with his too - but it’e not steak sauce - it’s ghost pepper hot sauce. 😬 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2