The Daily for Wednesday November 24, 2021

richwmn

Good afternoon.

It is 45°F and cloudy.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

Thank you Roy for the lists and my inclusion on the rotation.

Good luck with your radiation treatment Roy.

A great selection of days today.

Family carer's do this unpaid out of love and deserve a massive recognition.

A big shout out for Pauline's brother who lived with and cared for his lovely mam 24/7 especially for her last 4 years with Dementia before she died 18th October 2018

Pauline cared for her mam around 8 hours a day and I was run around getting all their food and Ruth's medication.

Their sister our Sarah's mam walked away from everyone including Sarah 7 years ago.

Everyone has a unique talent but don't always realise this.

Interesting Quote.

I love Scallops.

We have never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers for everyone on our care list.

Wishing everyone a fantastic day.

Graham.

IMG_20210823_183823.jpg

IMG-20210215-WA0003.jpg

• Like 37

Well, let’s see if this post. Have had nothing but issues wth CC. I can read every day but liking and posting not so much.

we are booked for our 3rd Covid shots on Friday morning. I hope Ontario numbers can stay low so we don’t lock down again. Europe, especially Germany and Austria are in bad shape. 

Be safe on the roads if you are travelling and enjoy your thanksgiving tomorrow. 

• Like 25

Good morning.  Interesting group of days.  Love the Gabor quote.  Scallops are my very favorite.

We have been to Denali, it was our very first cruise with land.  Hopefully the pictures will post.  I have many more but they are in my photo album.  I'm sure others with also post. 

181.JPG

176.thumb.JPG.de02b37f1adb82027ed47f54ba56eb6d.JPG

Drink of the day:

Jagertee:

The Ingredients
1 cup Spiced Rum, 1 cup Red Wine, 1 cup Black Tea, 1 cup Plum Brandy, 1 cup Orange Juice, 2 Sugar Cubes, 1/4 of Cinnamon Stick, 3 Whole Cloves, 2 Lemon Slices
How To make a Jagertee
Heat your tea, rum, wine, orange juice, brandy, spices, and lemons in a pot and let them come to a gentle simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add sugar to taste and serve.
Social and Cocktail says:
Basically a hot punch, this is bursting with flavour and the tea melds wonderfully with the various fruit and herbal flavours.
Did You Know?
Jagertee has become a popular apres-ski drink, particularly among tourists in the Alps.

176.JPG

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 8.41.56 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Good morning all!

I can’t begin to express my appreciation for all the kind thoughts and prayers so many of you shared with me over our loss of our beloved Fritz. I’m still at the tears every time I think about him stage, but being able to share pictures and memories with all of you was so comforting.

Family Caregiver Day is so apropos. My DH is going above and beyond in caring for me with my ALS (he’s doing all the laundry and most of the cooking!)  My two DD’s are making sure I can continue to do so many things I love (like the theater, the symphony and eating out). They are determined to get me on one more cruise. I know there are also a lot of caregivers among the Dailyites-kudos, love and prayers to you all!

DB Cooper has a day? How strange. Not sure what my unique talent might be and I’m afraid to ask friends and family-the answer might be worrisome.

I love today’s dish, but I usually eat scallops out. I find cooking them requires a delicate touch, overcooking makes them tough and undercooking them makes them rubbery.  Looking forward to info on the drink and wine. 

I have been to today’s destination many times. The last time was in September of 2018, when we pretty much closed everything up. It was the first time we’d been since they had added on to the McKinley Chalets and we stayed in one of the new buildings. We enjoyed our stay. Instead of taking the bus ride into the park (having done it at least four times) I decided to do a Denali flyover. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, but we still went up and I had a great time. I will share a few pictures.

Prayers for all on our list of cares and concerns 🙏 (thank you fir including Fritz) and a lovely toast to all the celebrations 🍷. I love that @kakalina is on a cruise. 

Take care all!

St Louis Sal

P.S. I was in the co-pilots seat for my Denali flight. Fun, but scary as we kept running into cloud banks. At one point as we were turning around our pilot said “our co-pilot Sally agreed with me, we need to turn right NOW”. 😳

D48B55AE-D9E5-4C71-A538-804B1D0F1314.jpeg

729398C1-4C70-48FE-98C4-B9E7299922CA.jpeg

FECE41BB-7F66-4BA1-B613-B2E814A2D42A.jpeg

1E5529D2-5416-4F6E-B570-87620E4229DA.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for daily report!  I just finished baking my pumpkin pie!  

thinking of booking another cruise - I like Holland best, but am thinking of a short Carribbean one from Tampa on either celebrity or Norwegian in February to take advantage of Black Friday sales.

• Like 21

Good morning. I was a caregiver during the worst year of my life. I cried every night. Don’t wish to do that again. 

Just spent two days cooking and packaging up a full thanksgiving feast and now we are about to hit the road to take it on a 4 hour drive. I am coffee’d up and ready to go. 

Happy greetings for those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries, and extra hugs for @St. Louis Sal.  Stay safe, everyone. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Rich and thanks for our Daily. Thinking of you Roy. 

Happy Birthday Jose! Happy Anniversary Vict0riann and DH! Lots to celebrate today. Sally those plane rides are fun aren't they? I was lucky to get to fly with Allen when he delivered helicopters for medical fit.

I got a popup from Navigator to remind me of our 5:30 reservation tonight. What? I wish..

I think last year on Zsa Zsa day I told you I walked her adorable dogs when she stayed at the Canyon Hotel in Palm Springs. She was remarkable in so many ways..lol.

I love scallops prepared any way, but no garlic for me..

Today is a haircut and my Mahjongg students. They have been off for a few weeks so wondering if they studied.

Have a wonderful day. Cheers,  Blessings and Prayers.

• Like 25

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on - I've been hit by the CC gremlins, not able to post or like anything for the last couple of days....grrrr!!

@St. Louis Salso sorry to hear about Fritz, he sounds like he was extra special!

@cunnorl we're going on a similar cruise in August (Boston, Canada, Greenland and Iceland, 24 days) - when is yours?

@kazuHappy birthday wishes to Jose - hope his day will be great!

@Vict0riannHappiest anniversary wishes to you and Pat, and many more ahead!

We've been to Denali, but since I'm at work I don't have any pictures. It's truly beautiful country!!

Have a wonderful day - we're heading to Connecticut to my niece's for Thanksgiving tomorrow, so I don't have too cook - only dessert (cookies and brownies, easy!!)

Laura

• Like 26

11 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Good morning. I was a caregiver during the worst year of my life. I cried every night. Don’t wish to do that again. 

Just spent two days cooking and packaging up a full thanksgiving feast and now we are about to hit the road to take it on a 4 hour drive. I am coffee’d up and ready to go. 

Happy greetings for those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries, and extra hugs for @St. Louis Sal.  Stay safe, everyone. 

Take care on your drive.

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  A busy day today for many of us preparing for tomorrow's feast.  I have to make the pumpkin pie and DH will want to prepare his special stuffing.  We woke up today to 28F and drove to the gym since it will be closed on our usual Thursday schedule.  Way too busy for us today!  Next day will be Saturday so we can begin to work off some of those calories.  It's going to be sunny and 57F for a high.  I need to talk DH into letting me (us) put the white lights on the street tree.  Everyone in the neighborhood is encouraged to do that to make our streets look festive.  Last year when we did it we simply provided the squirrels an easier run up the tree.  At least they didn't chew on the wiring!

Happy Anniversary wishes to @Vict0riannand Pat!  Happy Birthday wishes to @kazu's DH Jose, too!  Congratulations to @Crazy For Catsand @cunnorlon the new cruise bookings!  I salute all the people on our Celebration list.  Prayers for our Care list people.  A crazy funny Zsa Zsa quote to enjoy.  I'll pass on honoring D.B. Cooper.  I hope I have some unique talents.  I would also like to salue all family caregivers here and in my own family.  My twin moved our parents in with her and helped them enjoy their last years together.  It was about 7 or 8 years, and then they died 6 months apart.  I remember thinking how much her life was going to change after our Mom's passing.  We all appreciated the hard work she did for them, and of course the rest of us would help with driving to doctors, visiting both at home and in hospital, taking over when she couldn't be there.  And finally I'm not a fan of scallops so you may all have my share.  No fighting!

I haven't seen Denali before but enjoyed the photos posted by @Mr. Bostonand @St. Louis Sal as well as any others coming forward.

• Like 26

I hear Popeye's Chicken has opened a restaurant in London and the locals are confused with the Buttermilk biscuits!  They feel they look more like a scone but don't taste like one.  True!  But just try one and I'm sure you'll enjoy the new "biscuits".  And maybe even the chicken.  (I prefer Raising Canes to Popeye's).  All opinions welcome!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Happy Anniversary to @Vict0riann and her husband! 59 years? Wow!

Happy Birthday to @kazu's dear Jose - may all his wishes come true this year! I hope the weather will let you celebrate appropriately!

Prayers for all that need them, and cheers for all who are celebrating. And in case I don't get to my computer tomorrow - Happy Thanksgiving to all the American Dailyites! I'm so grateful for your support , friendship and good advice!

Edi

• Like 23

Good morning all!

Interesting collection of days.  Will pass on the scallops and wine, the drink sounds good.  Last night I made the Crispy Parmesan Chicken with Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes -- yum!  DH agreed that recipe is a keeper. Not sure what will be for dinner tonight, but I should do something with the little bit of roast beef left from a couple nights ago.

Yesterday we were able to add the Black Friday Sale HIA to 2 of 3 of our bookings, very happy about that.  Now I want to book another....😄  Looking at the 18-day Circle Hawaii for 2023.  No air since it's round trip Vancouver -- will talk to DH-- LOL.

The CC gremlins are also not sending email notifications for the roll calls I'm following.  Hmmm.  

Off to make the pumpkin pies for tomorrow, we're going to my sister's house north of Bellingham and will spend the night.  All I have to bring are pies and wine. 🙂  

Happy Anniversary @Vict0riann!

Happy Birthday to Jose @kazu's DH!

• Like 21

Good Morning all and thank you Rich for the Daily cruise news.

I got up a little later today because I was searching for more cruises to book during the Black Friday Special and before I knew it it was 1.30 am last night .

First of all a Very Happy 59th Anniversary to our good friends Ann and Pat  @VictOriann whom we have had the pleasure to cruise with for about one hundred days on the BHB’s I believe ! 

1441967892_IMG_04572.thumb.JPG.6d924274e3c3a5dd1af57f3bb0164a95.JPG

Sorry Mr President ……….

Also to @kazu Jacqui please wish Jose a Happy Birthday from Martha and Tony , we still talk about our good times together while on the Prinsendam , that was an amazing cruise.

Tony 😍

• Like 29

Oops, I forgot about Denali!  We did the Triple Denali with my best friend and her DH in May of 2019.  Would love to do that again, Denali is amazing!

1634605348_HenryandCarolyninDenali.jpg.9f63ca1f67f0a9dcbb08ab0599cf3312.jpg

Denali

704654553_Denalimtn.thumb.jpg.437cdefb9c4fcfff57c4d75cfeca1d26.jpg

Another view of Denali

1720620854_Denalianotherview.jpg.c94667efdd2dd679d91ec91a55c79ccb.jpg

Husky Homestead training wheel

1501193457_HuskyHomesteadtrainingwheel.jpg.125c0facd5c2f3ebd7df1734c41b22be.jpg

Puppies

puppies.jpg.c0719b2f066513fc8c1524b664da564c.jpg

What the mushers wear

119426394_exampleofwhatmusherswear.thumb.jpg.765f41c09905decc13b11d06519c6791.jpg

McKinley Chalet Resort

907910438_McKinleyChalet.jpg.e91ed8bcaf080d4b6dce42c2c23db51c.jpg

2075129602_Denalitrain.jpg.24f674daade1d6579a7880db7cce2fca.jpg

Camouflaged Wolf

1302747753_Denaliwolf.jpg.8d86375da43b44fa02e4fae32a313240.jpg

Bear through the bus camera (the only bear we saw)

477951209_bearthroughbuscamera.jpg.d98e9e22d7b574b561539a1975addfaa.jpg

Moose

431741772_Denalimoose.jpg.1e012687f354619b904e9b46031832c3.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

@kplady   The one I booked yesterday is not until July of 2023. We have an Australia/New Zealand booked for the fall of 2022.  I will be anxious to hear your review.

Wish I could book something for the spring of 2022  but we have 2 nephews getting married and  ( April and May) are on "diamond watch" for a 3rd!  All involve travel for us.

• Like 19

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday. I have a Turkey breast started in the crockpot. I like to do a lot of prepping and cooking ahead of time. We are having 10 people tomorrow and I still have lots to do. Craig decided to pull out the Christmas boxes and asked me to find a few things to decorate. He already has the Nativity set up. No tree though since we will be on the Rotterdam. 

Yay, I can post pictures today, I was able to login to CC on my phone finally. Here are the cookies DGD decorated. I decided to keep the design simple and use a pumpkin cookie cutter, the Turkey cookie cutter was too detailed. 

Step one— outline:

46CB695D-6CC5-410B-9201-1B8E78C7F548.thumb.jpeg.587daa06ab8b6ec65f1c3696cdd9a77b.jpeg

What a messy counter!  Let the outline dry:

F1084E23-64C5-4BC5-865A-F3252691C0AF.thumb.jpeg.8c98e26b243f08645f00b4951ac68848.jpeg

Step two— flooding inside the outline:

452BB3BD-838F-44D6-8B6D-573283E841B8.thumb.jpeg.f5edf81402a59048bfe1b1c48aa5e2b2.jpeg

116DCEA6-F1DB-427F-B047-28D4CCD3CA87.thumb.jpeg.ccb7a57e7136dbc14e31eac21cca6ec4.jpeg

Step three— have fun decorating!  She did a different design on each cookie. 

4F918CE8-B0B0-4D90-A704-37903CAAD269.thumb.jpeg.45745252ceaf4575f4ffc3399eaaf525.jpeg

6A18942F-60B1-44E9-A128-2F22A6C0E44D.thumb.jpeg.340c54bcd396a69cdf4596de10680d9b.jpeg

Happy Anniversary to @Vict0riann Ann & Pat!!  🍾🥂🎂

@kazu Jacqui, please tell Jose Happy Birthday!!  🧁🎈🎉

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3