Celebrity crew damaged my new Luggage. How do I contact them to report damage?

scidee

I put out a NEW 4 wheeled suitcase on the last night of or Silhouette (June10).  Picked up a 3 wheeled suitcase in the terminal in the morning.  I told the ground person shuffling us on a bus to Heathrow.  She didn't seem interested as I dragged my suitcase with a cast on my foot and a cane!  Does anyone know how to report this to Celebrity?  I have been on the phone for over an hour to the customer service which has me in the general Q.

I can understand how aggravating this can be, but I can see that this situation is prime for finger pointing between the cruise line and the ground porters (not Celebrity employees).  To be honest, I'd ask myself if the aggravation of trying to get compensated is worth it - life is short, that's me.  Since it's a new suitcase, it may be more productive to look at the manufacturer's warranty.  Some of the better manufacturers will cover damage to the wheels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mnocket said:

... Since it's a new suitcase, it may be more productive to look at the manufacturer's warranty.  Some of the better manufacturers will cover damage to the wheels.

Good suggestion. Additionally, some credit cards offer purchase protection for a limited time (90 days?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, scidee said:

I put out a NEW 4 wheeled suitcase on the last night of or Silhouette (June10).  Picked up a 3 wheeled suitcase in the terminal in the morning.  I told the ground person shuffling us on a bus to Heathrow.  She didn't seem interested as I dragged my suitcase with a cast on my foot and a cane!  Does anyone know how to report this to Celebrity?  I have been on the phone for over an hour to the customer service which has me in the general Q.

If all else fails;

Jennifer Morales
Senior Director of Celebrity Engagement
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132

jennifermorales@celebrity.com

Or...

Chief Executive
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo
President and Chief Executive Officer
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

New wheels are cheap. We just replace one the wore out.

You can't replace a wheel that got ripped out of the suitcase body entirely. In order to replace it, the mechanism that holds/leads the wheel still needs to be intact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scidee said:

I told the ground person shuffling us on a bus to Heathrow.  She didn't seem interested as I dragged my suitcase with a cast on my foot and a cane!

Sounds like luggage handling isn't in their job description; some people are helpful and some people aren't.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

How do you know it was Celebrity who did it and not the terminal personnel who took it from Celebrity and put it in the pick up area?

Not sure if it matters. OP left their 4 wheeled bag with CC and received back a 3 wheeled bag later on. It has to be on one group to be responsible and it was initially left with CC

• Like 1

We have had so many suitcases damaged over the years, perhaps even every single one. Mainly on planes but a vocational hazard and not a surprise given the luggage is dragged around. Never once thought of complaining, it just happens and will continue to.

I'm actually more sympathetic than I sound. Here's a picture of our luggage after Alaska Airlines got through with it in 2016. They claimed it was "normal wear and tear." We disagreed and they finally replace it. 

13122858_10154102335040365_2830030736735022422_o.jpg

• Like 1

We have stopped buying luggage with spinner wheels as they are damaged about 50% of our trips or expensive luggage.

One hint is if you have flown internationally the airlines will give an allowance or replace your bag.  Even wheels and handles that are damaged.   Domestic flights  - nope or a big argument.

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

We have had so many suitcases damaged over the years, perhaps even every single one. Mainly on planes but a vocational hazard and not a surprise given the luggage is dragged around. Never once thought of complaining, it just happens and will continue to.

I have complained when the damage makes the bag unusable. Wear and tear is one thing. Negligence is another. I have had severely damaged bags replaced on the airlines' dime.

I have not had a bag damaged getting Off the ship and the limited time before leaving for a returning home flight makes for a problem. I would take a lot of Cell phone photos of the bag and the damage and with any CC people on hand.

I once made an insurance claim for a bag   Badly damaged between dropping it off and it getting to our cabin. Celebrity gave us a bag from their collection of used baggage to get us home (it showed signs of possibly being exposed to water in the past) and documented the damage to Our bag for a claim with our travel insurance provider. Made a claim with our insurance but they refused to pay unless we furnished a Receipt for the purchase!   You can bet I now save those receipts!

3 years ago my son gave me an expensive Carbon Fiber suitcase for Christmas because he knows I travel a lot. Sure enough the first cruise I used it on Celebrity delivered it to my cabin with the top corner so crushed it was like they dropped it 50 feet onto a concrete surface!  It was like someone wanted to see how strong carbon fiber was? 
I was Upset and when showing it to Guest Relations and explaining it was very expensive and New as well as being a gift I wanted fair compensation.

They ask what I thought the bag cost and I said $300? They ask if a $300 OBC would be acceptable and I thought that was fair. I was given a used bag for the trip home.

I no longer buy nice luggage as between the different groups of people who are tossing it around makes it unlikely to have it survive very long.

One solution at the Cruise boarding and leaving it dragging your own luggage on and off the ship yourself if you are strong enough.

Here's what I do. I don't mess around with cheap luggage. I buy Briggs & Riley. They have a no questions asked Lifetime guarantee for repair or replacement. It doesn't matter how old it is or who damaged it .No need for a receipt.  Built like a tank, I haven't had to take them up on it yet. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Glad you agree with me. 🤣

Actually, I do agree that's what the OP should. All they can do is say "no". As my dear mother used to say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". Or in this case, "the broken wheel".

49 minutes ago, ORV said:

Here's what I do. I don't mess around with cheap luggage. I buy Briggs & Riley. They have a no questions asked Lifetime guarantee for repair or replacement. It doesn't matter how old it is or who damaged it .No need for a receipt.  Built like a tank, I haven't had to take them up on it yet. 

Looked them up.  Whoa.  🤑

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Do you have to ship the bag to them or do they pay for shipping?  Shipping is expensive now.